• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
oh my god these videos

Wait, what is the sequence of events here?

Talking about the west. Hey what happened to Pac Div?
Nothing ever happened with Pac Div.

EDIT: Nevermind I get it. Wow, Mistah Fab taking a serious L. Please don't tell me this is over some "bay sound" fuckery.

Cheddahz

Banned
Your Old Droog - Your Old Droog (FreEP)
your-old-droog-tracklist.jpg

Bunch of nerds on The Coli and other hip hop sites are saying this is a Captain Murphy-esque ghost project by Nas. The vocal tone similarity is undeniable but I don't buy it. Shit is dope though.

This can't be Nas, the beats are good

Kwixotik

I could've sworn somebody posted a recent tape not long ago advertising it as similar to Digable Planets... I can't find it though. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Also that supposedly ghost Nas shit seems cool based off one song I listened to, gonna give it a spin on my commute tomorrow.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He's pretty much renown for knocking down models and shit. Go watch the interview where he talks about yoga and shit and starts talking about snatching all these athletes girls. It's surreal because I don't think of him as that kind of dude but he is lol

Shit reminds me of the rumors about Michael Jackson actually having a deep voice and being a goon. Russell looks and sounds sweeter than Drake but in reality he's gully as FUCK. Hearing his lisp say nigga nigga nigga is just surreal. Shit is like hearing an effeminate antebellum slave owner talk greasy.

i really like the new yelawolf song. i hope he gets a juicy j beat or two here as well. plz

bones project is crazy too

seriously. give him all south production. none of that radioactive shit. it would be so good.

IrishNinja

for real, the WU re-release was like my 4th or 5th playthrough. this time though i couldn't finish it, made it to Magicant and just stopped, shit gets a little too real after that, haha

also do not sleep on Mother 3, wholly different but goddamn

IrishNinja

heh i actually bought a repro cart of it, but i played it first on a PSP emu and never had an issue, i tend to back stuff up sometimes too tho

Kwixotik

for real, the WU re-release was like my 4th or 5th playthrough. this time though i couldn't finish it, made it to Magicant and just stopped, shit gets a little too real after that, haha

also do not sleep on Mother 3, wholly different but goddamn

I beat Earthbound a couple summers ago. It was amazing. I've been meaning to play Mother 3, but I just haven't gotten to it yet. I always play one old RPG over the summer, so that might be the one for this year.

IrishNinja

you're in for a treat, whenever you do get around to it...without spoiling, an interesting bit is that while Earthbound got darker in its final acts, Mother 3 does some of its ball-kicking quite early on.

Cheddahz

Banned
you're in for a treat, whenever you do get around to it...without spoiling, an interesting bit is that while Earthbound got darker in its final acts, Mother 3 does some of its ball-kicking quite early on.

if it's a treat of a game to play then, sounds like i need to grab it on my wii u (i've sadly never played it either)

Detox

Yeah the lack of focus makes me doubt it's Nas but then again it's just free EP. The similarities are uncanny in the flow, the words he uses etc, sometimes it sounds like Game doing a tribute or copy like he does in some of his songs.

That lifeisgood guy on the coli hinted it wasn't Nas but he said Nas got big things for this year. Either way the EP is dope.

The Illmatic Orchestra looks amazing a shame he isn't doing any shows in London apart from a festival which I doubt will have the full set.
Why is there no high quality footage of this :( fucking Jay knows how to do it. There are some great videos from the Carnegie Hall show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iTstzKjUKQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1YH1UbFOFc

Esch

Banned
Nas' gender identity aside, World Cup starts today brehs. Boring opener since Brazil is gonna style on Croatia but I'm still hype

Yeah the lack of focus makes me doubt it's Nas but then again it's just free EP. The similarities are uncanny in the flow, the words he uses etc, sometimes it sounds like Game doing a tribute or copy like he does in some of his songs.

That lifeisgood guy on the coli hinted it wasn't Nas but he said Nas got big things for this year. Either way the EP is dope.

The Illmatic Orchestra looks amazing a shame he isn't doing any shows in London apart from a festival which I doubt will have the full set.
Why is there no high quality footage of this :( fucking Jay knows how to do it. There are some great videos from the Carnegie Hall show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iTstzKjUKQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1YH1UbFOFc

Nas is gearing up for remixes then will drop his album in the summer, I bet. I hope he does some decent collabs this time. There's a line between straight up dick riding like Blueprint 3 and doing collabs that make sense (MCHG, despite disliking it, I'll admit it has some dope collabs). I want to see Nas do a track with Kendrick or even Cole. No Drake, pls. Better yet a KRIT track, on a KRIT beat.

I'd also like something surprising like Adele.

Esch

Banned
Nas is gearing up for remixes then will drop his album in the summer, I bet. I hope he does some decent collabs this time. There's a line between straight up dick riding like Blueprint 3 and doing collabs that make sense (MCHG, despite disliking it, I'll admit it has some dope collabs). I want to see Nas do a track with Kendrick or even Cole. No Drake, pls. Better yet a KRIT track, on a KRIT beat.

I'd also like something surprising like Adele.

Where's the dickriding on BP3? Drake? Cole? I see nothing wrong with putting on artists that venerate and idolize you and fill their mixtapes with freestyles over your beats.

Let's talk about Nas idolizing Hov in 2014. Putting him on his albums, inviting him to perform at his concerts. Says Magna Carta is one of the albums to shift the culture in an AMA
mjlol.png
(even I wouldn't say that shit). Nas stans say that he didnt mean it and he was just clueless/drunk/high. Then we find out Nas' new album is full of Magna Carta producers and features (Swizz, Timbo, Frank Ocean, Justin Timberlake). He even re orchestrated Illmatic like Jay did for Reasonable Doubt. Now what's he trying to do? Sell poison like Hennessy to the youth like he said he'd never do, trying to be an exec like Jay. He even got his own little clothing line and is trying his entrepreneur out.

Is it What Goes Around or is it the Don?
Is it Ether or you wanna be Shawn?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
catching up on my Music Bookmarks list and this shit from back in April is great.

a0380753949_1097iv0.jpg

Azaia - Re-animations, really digging it this morning.

what else should I check out while I'm killing time till the Destiny ALPHA starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom