• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the dickriding on BP3? Drake? Cole? I see nothing wrong with putting on artists that venerate and idolize you and fill their mixtapes with freestyles over your beats.

Let's talk about Nas idolizing Hov in 2014. Putting him on his albums, inviting him to perform at his concerts. Says Magna Carta is one of the albums to shift the culture in an AMA
mjlol.png
(even I wouldn't say that shit). Nas stans say that he didnt mean it and he was just clueless/drunk/high. Then we find out Nas' new album is full of Magna Carta producers and features (Swizz, Timbo, Frank Ocean, Justin Timberlake). He even re orchestrated Illmatic like Jay did for Reasonable Doubt. Now what's he trying to do? Sell poison like Hennessy to the youth like he said he'd never do, trying to be an exec like Jay. He even got his own little clothing line and is trying his entrepreneur out.

Is it What Goes Around or is it the Don?
Is it Ether or you wanna be Shawn?

BP3 is dick riding because it's literally every hot artist on one album, outshining Jay; nothing about it sounds genuine or original. It's such a blatant grasp at relevance that it falls flat. It reminds me of the album Madonna released recently with Wayne, Nicki, and a host of other features trying to make herself matter to new pop fans.

I'm not going to defend the alcohol thing but I still think there's a difference between beer and hard liquor. Kids aren't drinking Hennessy, no matter what Mack Wilds thinks.

MCHG...look, Nas said it's a great album. My initial reaction was that Nas hadn't even heard the album. Now it's clear he has indeed heard it, after all he's on the album (still dunno why people dislike that song). I'll wait and see what Nas cooks up before I slit my wrists. I'm worried though...

Hating on The Don, produced by Heavy D? It sounds like a New York record...it's literally a boom bap reggaeton song lol.

Esch

Banned
BP3 is dick riding because it's literally every hot artist on one album, outshining Jay; nothing about it sounds genuine or original. It's such a blatant grasp at relevance that it falls flat. It reminds me of the album Madonna released recently with Wayne, Nicki, and a host of other features trying to make herself matter to new pop fans.
:umad: most of those artists are hov affiliated (the only one i wont defend is cudi, smh) and benefited from him putting them on as much as the other way around. He fathered Drake and Rihanna and Kanye, and Cole was his artist. I guess it's dickriding to let your children rock with you now.

I'm not going to defend the alcohol thing but I still think there's a difference between beer and hard liquor. Kids aren't drinking Hennessy, no matter what Mack Wilds thinks.
"These hoes love Chief Keef
They say they like my steeze
They say I got everything that a nigga dream
I say that his bitch wanna fuck me
He sneak disses ugly
I ordered the bitch a bubbly
And I got some Henny for me"

MCHG...look, Nas said it's a great album. My initial reaction was that Nas hadn't even heard the album. Now it's clear he has indeed heard it, after all he's on the album (still dunno why people dislike that song). I'll wait and see what Nas cooks up before I slit my wrists. I'm worried though...
You gon get this work. Nas wants to be a big boy and play in the big leagues. I'm sure he'll try and cover up these 'sellout' moves with a couple songs about africa, maybe something about zimmerman.

Hating on The Don, produced by Heavy D? It sounds like a New York record...it's literally a boom bap reggaeton song lol.
It's about the #dualities of bragging about your wealth and hookups when he used to spend all his time decrying corporate this and that.

Detox

Where's the dickriding on BP3? Drake? Cole? I see nothing wrong with putting on artists that venerate and idolize you and fill their mixtapes with freestyles over your beats.

Let's talk about Nas idolizing Hov in 2014. Putting him on his albums, inviting him to perform at his concerts. Says Magna Carta is one of the albums to shift the culture in an AMA
mjlol.png
(even I wouldn't say that shit). Nas stans say that he didnt mean it and he was just clueless/drunk/high. Then we find out Nas' new album is full of Magna Carta producers and features (Swizz, Timbo, Frank Ocean, Justin Timberlake). He even re orchestrated Illmatic like Jay did for Reasonable Doubt. Now what's he trying to do? Sell poison like Hennessy to the youth like he said he'd never do, trying to be an exec like Jay. He even got his own little clothing line and is trying his entrepreneur out.

Is it What Goes Around or is it the Don?
Is it Ether or you wanna be Shawn?
Jay put Nas on MCHG, Nas came out for Jay at Carnegie; Jay is repaying the favour to the God. Nobody dissed the production on MCHG they just said Jay is flabby n sick on it. The god walked away with Sinatra in the sands and left the camel with BBC in his hands. Late Orchestration was in 2005. Reppin Henny since Jay was wearing hawaiin shirts.

I just find it funny Jay and Nas are real cool with each other bringing each other to shows, working together and they turn up for each others personal celebrations yeah they might not work much together as say jay and Ye but their friendship is probably closer (how you not going to turn up as best man?). Still mad Jay didn't release the video of the BBC sessions he said it was the most fun he had in the studio and there was footage of it.

Esch

Banned
Phonte fathered Drake. Let's be real.

Jizzy Drake on Record said:
"I never cried when Pac died
But I probably will when Hov does"

Jizzy Drake In an Interview said:
"Top 5 hip hop albums for me, because I'm young, for me. Black Album. Clipse, Lord Willin'. Uh, this is not an album, but The Little Brother/[Mick] Boogie [And Justus For All] mixtape, that was like pivotal in my life. And then I would have to say, uh, I say [Notorious B.I.G.'s] Life After Death. And then I will say a toss up between [Andre 3000's] The Love Below and [OutKast's] Aquemini. That's five" (The Source)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNvz8Iapn14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhx81aA_vaA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq6EsWJRdz0

yadda yadda yadda, I could google for more but I don't need to, do i? After all, the whole concept of Started from the Bottom was cribbed from Say Hello.

Jay put Nas on MCHG, Nas came out for Jay at Carnegie; Jay is repaying the favour to the God. Nobody dissed the production on MCHG they just said Jay is flabby n sick on it. The god walked away with Sinatra in the sands and left the camel with BBC in his hands. Late Orchestration was in 2005. Reppin Henny since Jay was wearing hawaiin shirts.
Okay, as long as you can accept that Nas is musically inspired by Hov and is going to emulate the sound of his next album and aspires to be like him as a man in 2014, and lied about alcohol deals.

Detox

That's the least the camel can do to repay the shepherd who saved him in 88 when he was lost in the most notorious and largest housing projects in the world. Only divine intervention could lead to the shepherd hearing his only son who made it cries even though he didn't give him his number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNvz8Iapn14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhx81aA_vaA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq6EsWJRdz0

yadda yadda yadda, I could google for more but I don't need to, do i? After all, the whole concept of Started from the Bottom was cribbed from Say Hello.
So? He's a Hov stan. Drake literally started rapping due to Little Brother, his rhyming and singing mirrors Phonte in many ways, he came up trying to gain respect from underground acts. And the idea that Say Hello was the genesis of the "started from the bottom but now I'm on top" thing in rap is troll level, breh. I remember when you said that in DJ Plug and I assumed you were joking. That's how you really feel huh?

Esch and PD spend a lot of time talking about jay and nas

So much better to read than ye posts

It's like Chaos and Law. We'll never stop battling. And because I have a feeling I might be taking a massive L when Nas releases his next album, I'm going to enjoy being on top while I can.

btw Drake doesn't even rap like Jay, he raps like...Phonte. He sings like him too.

PBY

Banned
Take back my lazaretto comment- just saw that Devonte Hynes dropped an album (soundtrack) this week. pretty good too

HiResDes

Fuck rap i been rich- this week I'm bumping lazaretto and not much else

the gawd jack white blessed us
Peasant.

Yes, been waiting for something just like this to come along
He's phenomenal. Cool DJ Mix has been on repeat since release.
I still think his Still Awake project is the best thing he's ever done

... The new Lone is pretty tight so far, also warming up to the new WIFE. Need the right time to dig into Death Grips.

Jordanlaugh.gif

Whatever. Beat is dope, has a nice bump, and Jay rides it great.

Really? I thought it was universally disliked.

The beat needs harder or drums or something. I mean I get the whole vibe of the song, but it just feels like it never goes anywhere. Jay does well on it, that type of beat doesn't really suit Nas though, imo. I thought Black Republicans was 10x better.

DominoKid

Really? I thought it was universally disliked.

The beat needs harder or drums or something. I mean I get the whole vibe of the song, but it just feels like it never goes anywhere. Jay does well on it, that type of beat doesn't really suit Nas though, imo. I thought Black Republicans was 10x better.

for the most part it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom