• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Is Cricket more popular than soccer (futbol) in India? That might be a dumb question.

Cricket = Baseball : India = America

it's so popular over there that talent outside of the country aspires to play there. The craziest thing about it is that India qualified for the WC back in 1950 yet didnt go because they played barefoot and didn't wanna drop $$$ on the plane ride and shit. in some alternate universe it's the most popular sport there.

IrishNinja

go germany

also goddamn that DMX/rakim track...made it to the chorus, fuck

I'm at work, but is this the song with the guitar riffs and solo? I heard it a few months ago. Shit is atrocious...

You mean to tell me Rakim can't call up Questlove and do a retro album, like he did with Al Green? I hate how the US treats old rap legends. These guys make bank in Europe and I'd imagine there are plenty of producers there who would love to work with them.

wait, which al green one? and 100% agreed on how rap legends get treated stateside.

He had a bassist and a DJ/producer backing him up (I think the DJ was the dude who produced Rose Garden).

Did all my faves from TSOL and Flying Colours, but mixed in a few older tracks as well that I wasn't as familiar with, and had good energy all the way through. And you could actually hear his lyrics the majority of the time, so props to the sound guy, lol.

He came out and did an acapella version of Epilogue: Long Jawn as the encore. From what I remember, he did:

Flying Colours Intro
Fam Jam
Stylin
Remember to Remember
Rose Garden
Keep Shining
A Good Name
Yaa I Get It
We, Myself and I

and a few more. And since it was a small venue, tickets were only like $10-$15, so it was definitely worth it.
Parking is so shitty in LA though, dear god.

damn, that sounds awesome, and for a steal too. idve only been bummed that some of my favorites are off The Old Prince

dont like busdriver? ya'll suck.

on my list next to deltron & a few others to try again one day, couldn't get into years back though

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

01. Rich Homie Quan - Real Niggas
02. Lil Durk - Oh Lord
03. Isaiah Rashad - Part IV
04. Ty$ ft Fab - Type Of Shit I Hate
05. Troy Ave - Cant Deny It
06. Jon Connor - The Good
07. Jarren Benton - Pain In My Eyes
08. Kevin Gates - Thinking
09. Vic Mensa - Major Pain
10. Lil Bibby - Thoughts
11. August Alsina ft 2 Chainz - Right Now
12. Rich Homie Quan - Treadmill
13. Lil Durk - Voices in My Head
14. Kevin Gates - On Me
15. Isaiah Rashad - Sydney Jones
16. Troy Ave - Your Style
17. Ty$ - Know U Aint Shit
18. Jon Connor - Medusa
19. Jarren Benton - Gimme The Loot
20. August Alsina - Cool On You
21. Lil Bibby - What You Live fo

Hmm, I'll check out the Isaiah Rashad, Quan and Ty Dolla tracks at least.

Esch

Banned
starting to get antsier with every hour we get closer to playing tbh

flHLMbA.gif

Not sure what it's like in America, but over here when we qualify the whole country stops when we're playing. Atmosphere is amazing.

Every pub and bar is jam packed with rowdy drunks screaming at the TV. It's awesome.

What's it like in America when your playing? Big atmosphere or do people just watch at home because football isn't as big over there?

cdyhybrid

Not sure what it's like in America, but over here when we qualify the whole country stops when we're playing. Atmosphere is amazing.

Every pub and bar is jam packed with rowdy drunks screaming at the TV. It's awesome.

What's it like in America when your playing? Big atmosphere or do people just watch at home because football isn't as big over there?

A little bit of everything really. It's a bit tough with the game today because a lot of people will still be at work (or stuck in traffic on the way out of work).

Courage

r do people just watch at home because football isn't as big over there?

Pretty much. Although you can definitely sense the sport's growth throughout the years, it's still not as big for it to be some kind of huge event whenever we're playing.

Last time I actually felt soccer left a huge impact was during the U.S. - Algeria game last WC.

Esch

Banned
Depends but yea, mostly smaller enclaves of fans watching together. People will probably watch baseball games instead of this across the nation in bars, and there are 162 games per season.

DominoKid

It's just another day here since it's the work week.

The only thing America shuts down for is the Super Bowl.

I wish the game was on the weekend. I had a good time barhopping for the games on Saturday,

I know it's always brought up when talking sports, but jesus christ I don't get baseball. It's so incredibly boring to watch. My opinion of course, but a lot of friends have visited America/Canada and attended games to say how slow and boring it was. How long does baseball last?

American football is cool with me though, besides the endless breaks etc it's actually exciting to watch.

Baseball can eat a bag of shit though

Edit: the fuck happened to Portugal..

Esch

Banned
Baseball is the worst. It's boring to play, it's boring to watch, it ruins bodies because it's all repetitive isolated movements, nobody else but japan and some latin american countries give a shit, just an awful awful sport that's unwatchable unless you're drunk. It has occasional moments of tension when the stakes are high and bases are loaded or if someone's got a no-hitter, but just but both of those scenarios are really rare.

IrishNinja

^nah, baseball can be pretty dope though - like most sports i think its way more fun to play than watch, and meant to be viewed drinking & bullshitting with friends in between the slow bits.

US football is faster but it's like 75% adds so i don't give a fuck

and yeah there's a ton of soccer/futbol fans down here but this place is predominantly central & south american

*edit since when is "ruining bodies" a factor in how entertaining sports are? there's way worse on you physically than baseball

Esch

Banned
^nah, baseball can be pretty dope though - like most sports i think its way more fun to play than watch, and meant to be viewed drinking & bullshitting with friends in between the slow bits.

US football is faster but it's like 75% adds so i don't give a fuck

and yeah there's a ton of soccer/futbol fans down here but this place is predominantly central & south american

*edit since when is "ruining bodies" a factor in how entertaining sports are? there's way worse on you physically than baseball

if yer gonna ruin your body with a sport it might as well be entertaining like boxing or american football (before people started caring about CTE). Baseball just sucks ass. And like I said, I'm a Cards homegrown. I've seen more W's and magic wins than anyone not wearing a yankee cap. Game fucking sucks. I can appreciate some good fielding and pitching but that's it.

I'd love to be in America for the superbowl. I'd say it does be wild.

Very random question, but when buying used cars in America, is it cheaper to buy manual cars as it's not the norm? Long term thinking of moving for a year or two, big car guy so that's actually a pressing issue for me haha.

DominoKid

i hate baseball so much. boring to play. boring to watch on tv. decent sport to see live but for things that have nothing to do with the actual game.

I know it's always brought up when talking sports, but jesus christ I don't get baseball. It's so incredibly boring to watch. My opinion of course, but a lot of friends have visited America/Canada and attended games to say how slow and boring it was. How long does baseball last?

American football is cool with me though, besides the endless breaks etc it's actually exciting to watch.

Baseball can eat a bag of shit though

Edit: the fuck happened to Portugal..

Typically, 3 hours, the same as an American football game, but the pace makes it feel a fuck of a lot longer. The fanbase for baseball in general is a lot older and really insular, it isn't as easy to pick up the sport from just watching it as football and basketball are. They've also had a lot of trouble appealing to younger demographics-as you can probably see just by seeing opinions in this community- which isn't a good sign for the sport moving forward.

Honestly, college athletics is probably the closest thing American sports gets to the nationalism that these FIFA events bring. I live in a college town and the only time we ever get really fired up is when we're in a bowl game/NCAA Tournament. As soon as we lose those there's rioting in the streets.

Courage

Typically, 3 hours, the same as an American football game, but the pace makes it feel a fuck of a lot longer. The fanbase for baseball in general is a lot older and really insular, it isn't as easy to pick up the sport from just watching it as football and basketball are. They've also had a lot of trouble appealing to younger demographics-as you can probably see just by seeing opinions in this community- which isn't a good sign for the sport moving forward.

I can't wait for it to die out. Every time I see it mentioned I just wanna
nfvxGwJ.png

I understand people hating on the act of watching baseball, but playing it? Some of my favorite memories come from getting a group of friends together for a couple joke innings. We don't take it very seriously, which is probably why it's fun for us.

e: wait the Zeelooperz is quality? I saw him open for DB a few months ago and the guy was a joke.

Esch

Banned
gaf-hoppers dont know how to play baseball...learn somethin new everyday

oh
think i found what i was lookin for here

unless you're from new york, my team is and always will be better than yours period and you can cry in your waaambulance all the way to the clinic about it

sass1.png

IrishNinja

They've also had a lot of trouble appealing to younger demographics-as you can probably see just by seeing opinions in this community

really is like a daycare in here sometimes, you're right

I understand people hating on the act of watching baseball, but playing it? Some of my favorite memories come from getting a group of friends together for a couple joke innings. We don't take it very seriously, which is probably why it's fun for us.

pretty much how every sport should be played amongst friends, yeah...i'm assuming this is what's being lost on others here

unless you're from new york, my team is and always will be better than yours period and you can cry in your waaambulance all the way to the clinic about it

nah, i already called you on "body ruining", we both know your team has the #'s & i can't back that shot haha

Part of the draw for baseball is also the Sabermetric nerdery, which is slowly creeping it's way into other sports.

Not sure where you live but Dodger games are full of Hispanic girls. Just be wary of the dudes ready to beat your skull in for wearing the wrong hat.
Yeah pro-tip 36, if you ever attend a baseball game here in the states, make sure it isn't a Dodgers home game.

Esch

Banned
nah, i already called you on "body ruining", we both know your team has the #'s & i can't back that shot haha
Really, for a sport that's 95% non contact and very little high intensity activity it has a lot of stress injuries, it's kind of mind boggling actually until you realize that doing one thing with one part of your body while standing in place thousands of times. Especially with pitchers its sad :(

CRS

I'd love to be in America for the superbowl. I'd say it does be wild.

Very random question, but when buying used cars in America, is it cheaper to buy manual cars as it's not the norm? Long term thinking of moving for a year or two, big car guy so that's actually a pressing issue for me haha.
Manual cars are typically bit cheaper. I know new manual cars are 1 to 2k dollars cheaper than their automatic counterparts so that price drop should translate to the used market.

HiResDes

e: wait the Zeelooperz is quality? I saw him open for DB a few months ago and the guy was a joke.
It's fun but repetitive, kinda grates after a little.

tmdorsey

Man, Outkast tickets go on sale for the Atlanta area show on Wednesday. I'm starting to get worried them fuckers are gonna sell out before I get to cop a couple for me and the wife. People around here are anticipating the hell out of this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom