• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

She got Dave and Nas
IYySciR.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
If 150 people form a human wall and dare me to enter the building then I'm running as well.

I'm talking about Rick Ross leaving Detroit and getting banned from radio over not performing at a concert.

Yea. It's really stupid that people think he should have stayed, because he never breaks character. People need to smarten-up.

Look at some of the other dudes who rode that hipster backpack NY wave. Xquire's buzz has died for instance. Bronson was smart enough to tie himself to Alchemist, a move that introduced him to the Cali shit+Mac Miller. Now Bronson is set on both coasts, which means he can tour anywhere. Dude is even doing overseas spots like a boss.
This is essentially what I was trying to say. Action's set himself up very well w/ an eclectic group of producers and other artists within the industry. He's found his niche and is thriving, how many other guys who've come out in the past ~10 years can you say that about?

What a bitch.

Oxymoron isn't as bad as I thought. Went back for collard greens, stayed for man of the year, break the bank, yay yay.

Going to see mobb deep in a tiny venue in August. Can't wait

HiResDes

I'm thirsty for this shit, so maybe that explains why this tape I was meh on earlier on this year is now getting more play:

Emcees = 6/10
Production = 8/10
Lane = 10/10

This is essentially what I was trying to say. Action's set himself up very well w/ an eclectic group of producers and other artists within the industry. He's found his niche and is thriving, how many other guys who've come out in the past ~10 years can you say that about?

Yup. Imagine if Bronson had stayed in NY working with J-Live and Tommy Mas. He wouldn't be nearly as big as he is now. But a lot of NY rappers basically do that - stay in NY, don't branch out musically, and then wonder why their buzz is gone. Remember Maffew Ragazino?

It reminds me of Detroit, where dudes go to Cali to get recognition, then come back home and people want to dick ride (Dilla). Danny Brown doesn't get much love in Detroit whereas he's huge in other big cities. I still think NY has a nice scene though, they just need to foster that shit more. Take over the clubs, take over the larger venues, branch out, etc. And sell some damn vinyl.

No place to get physical These Days yet right?

Waiting to buy that. I'll go with Spotify (If it's there) until a physical.
If this is going to be like older TDE physical releases, skip it cause the quality is bad in comparison to the iTunes version of the same album. This applies to everything before GKMC, but they're releasing this digitally first and I don't trust the intern that burns cds for their web shop to not do the same here.

Mik317

These Days is ok. Starts strong and then kinda dies in the middle and kinda recovers near the end. Not amazing but not awful.

3.5/5 or in terms of songs I like 10/15

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
TBH, this is a record that will determine if you're able to swallow your hate. This shit is fire. Deny that and I know your heart to be weak

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Story of Q-Tip, an hour long audio documentary that's supposedly very comprehensive. Apparently this will only be up for a limited time?

Sadat X on Juan Epstein.

Ah, I already pre-ordered These Days, dunno if I should just wait it out or listen to the leak. Probably be the same quality anyway.

http://i.instagram.com/p/pl4pzQTJPR/ Enzo would like this
#LeaveSoulone

He doesn't need two Ls in a week :(

Lol I read up more on this and the last song on Soul's album is apparently just audio of him battling Daylyt.

EDIT: That's what I get for replying late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom