• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

brehs the fuckery in this Italy - Uruguay match lmao

maybe humans taste better than we think. suarez might be onto something.
W68Ii.png

Esch

Banned
maybe humans taste better than we think. suarez might be onto something.
W68Ii.png

Biting is such an offensive, brutish foul. It's the lowest kind of attack you can level at someone, along with kicking someone in the nuts. That's the THIRD time, the fuck.

We gonna ignore Balotelli's falcon knee though?

Audioslave's first album is better than anything RATM did, let's be real. RATM has many great songs but their albums are inconsistent. Audioslave is Cornell in his prime, it's almost a Soundgarden record. And if it was I'd rate it third behind Superunkown and Badmotorfinger.

Audioslave is like Velvet Revolver. When I listen to them I rather listen to the bands they originated from.

Queens of the Stone Age is okay as well, I guess.

EDIT: is it okay to call them grunge? who cares.

Nah, more like a mainstream Kyuss that turned alternative.

yea their second album...smh. It had some really good tracks but overall was super disappointing. Haven't listened to the third in ages but iirc I thought it was a return to form, although not as good as the first album.

I've had the new Soundgarden album on my computer for ages but haven't listened to it. Cornell might be my favorite voice in rock outside of Robert Plant, and one of my favorite song writers.

PBY

Banned
BREHS

This how to dress well. Motherfucker did it again.

Why hasn't a rapper tried to hit him up for a collabo, would be awesome.

big ander

BREHS

& It Was U was begging for a remix with a verse or two. Bruh works with Shlohmo, would have thought something wouldve come together by now but nah

citizensyndrome

Neo Member
I'm on my second play through of Ab-Soul's new album. I'm feelin it mostly. Perhaps 2-3 tossaways at the moment, but mostly a strong effort.

What are everyone else's thoughts on it?

I'm on my second play through of Ab-Soul's new album. I'm feelin it mostly. Perhaps 2-3 tossaways at the moment, but mostly a strong effort.

Lot of discussion RE: this if you jump back to yesterday morning in the thread. Lot of hate, lot of love. Very few people in between.

Today I realized all of the reasons I hate Soulo are the reasons I love Neon Icon. Can't rap, can barely speak, would probably struggle to write a fourth grade book report, but doesn't try to hide it. Just embraces the ridiculous.

Cudder

If an album had only 2-3 throwaway tracks it'd probably be my AOTY. I couldn't even finish it when I was listening last night.

BREHS

Which songs were your standouts?

Also still not feeling most of These Days...
Actually makes me like Oxymoron more lol (and Control System)
Production was good though.

hey gaf-hop

I'm throwing a little get together for some of my closer friends this weekend. Should be about 20 people or so for at least 6 hours.
I was collecting some songs on a list and I thought I'd consult you guys. Basically I tried to make this thing follow the path of our usual get-togethers--laid back & lackadaisical for the first few hours, then a compact dancefloor and then lots of hip-hop as everybody drinks more and more, then all the sentimental tunes as the night winds down.

so I'm basically asking for any additional must-haves. gonna be an even mix of guys and girls and it's better if the songs are more accessible/widely known so that people can really get into them (for the dance trax)

http://abload.de/img/playlisthyjdd.png

this is a pretty laid back thing and it should be a blast. I'm just wondering if anybody has any favorite party jams that others might love too

Furyous

hey gaf-hop

I'm throwing a little get together for some of my closer friends this weekend. Should be about 20 people or so for at least 6 hours.
I was collecting some songs on a list and I thought I'd consult you guys. Basically I tried to make this thing follow the path of our usual get-togethers--laid back & lackadaisical for the first few hours, then a compact dancefloor and then lots of hip-hop as everybody drinks more and more, then all the sentimental tunes as the night winds down.

so I'm basically asking for any additional must-haves. gonna be an even mix of guys and girls and it's better if the songs are more accessible/widely known so that people can really get into them (for the dance trax)

http://abload.de/img/playlisthyjdd.png

this is a pretty laid back thing and it should be a blast. I'm just wondering if anybody has any favorite party jams that others might love too

Where's the Cudi?

What do you think of Kid Cudi's The Prayer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grPfVlj7Go4&feature=kp

LOL at America realizing their are talented popular anglo saxon hip-hop artists. Iggy is Australian so credit Australia dammit. Let's not like it's easy for one of these artists to stand out. There are a million rappers from every ethnic background making great music and eating off hip-hop in some capacity. This isn't (no shots fired at all at) country.

bowery

harry fraud is like an advanced form of florida-era diplo....hes literally diplo if he had less ambition and stuck with hip-hop beats, its amazing

That new weeknd is cool, unless your waiting for him to do something new. Same old weeknd.

Not that I'm complaining I like his sound.

Toku I can't listen to your shit, says the song isn't found??

Where's the Cudi?

What do you think of Kid Cudi's The Prayer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grPfVlj7Go4&feature=kp

I remember that song. it samples the big band of horses track. nice and mellow. cudi definitely appeals to a bunch of people, I might throw on something from the first album (up up and away, the nujabes one, TGIF, etc). Thanks!

the weeknd is doing his thing, which is to say, it's a good song. between that, new zola jesus, and new rustie, I'm feeling gr8.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The Prayer is a great Cudi track. He did some really good shallow but relatable introspective shit, some of it really resonated with me. Too bad the man on the moon took permanant residence up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom