• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tinashe tho

10483585_303379143162792_403929257_n.jpg

10453884_610094719105554_171207505_n.jpg

Tinashe tho

tumblr_inline_mu98dgtZad1roelev.gif

IrishNinja

fuck forgot about des pushing ratking, grabbing now

If you want to think of madlib as an individual artist why not dig into his solo career? Shades of Blue is cool.

^this
thing is madlib is for me a dude like DJ shadow - you can't grab a complete works collection cause you'll just get lost & end up listening to entroducing again & again till someone points out another highlight

IrishNinja

^gonna have to revisit Unseen

tonight is Joey Bada$$ - 1999
Mayhem Lauren
Flab
Lil Herb
Maffew Ragazino
then Ratking

coming off Rass Kass, that primo De La & PTSD, it's been a fantastic day of catching up on quality shit, largely brought to me by GAF-hop®

Tokubetsu

Glad to see more people on that Tinashe bandwagon
fuck forgot about des pushing ratking, grabbing now

^this
thing is madlib is for me a dude like DJ shadow - you can't grab a complete works collection cause you'll just get lost & end up listening to entroducing again & again till someone points out another highlight

Funny you mention DJ Shadow since he has no other real highlights and I LIKE Private Press. Endtroducing is basically the illmatic of sampling and he's never even come close to it again. Like not even in the same galaxy close.

big ander

I really really like both of those but they just haven't gone over the edge to like 4-stars yet. one or two listens of either would prolly put them there.
I was definitely right on this, chose to play so it goes before sleeping tonight and I'm at Eat and it's amazing. All fell into place
The Alex G album is my most coveted this year. I'm drunk though
coveted meaning...best? cause I am right there with that. so glad alex g's day's arrived

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
50 Cent on Power 106 Big Boy in the Morning

50 Cent Explains Why He Messes with Schoolboy Q and Kendrick Lamar

50 comes with some real talk as usual, and regardless of his previous albums he will always be considered IMO one of the most influential MCs ever - on the mic with GRODT and in business.

What he says at the end is a straight shot at Drake and a few other artists:

"Em grew up in the culture, he lived it, so I can't be mad at that - I only have a problem with someone faking or creating a facade."

Started from the bottom now we here.

Detox

I'm about a dollar, what the fuck is 50 Cents

who (besides esh) knew hov was a prophet too
It's cool try to air out 50 while he was on Columbia and then retire when you see the tsunami coming on Aftermath. Only talk numbers when you finally made it to number 1.

50 Cent on Power 106 Big Boy in the Morning

50 Cent Explains Why He Messes with Schoolboy Q and Kendrick Lamar

50 comes with some real talk as usual, and regardless of his previous albums he will always be considered IMO one of the most influential MCs ever - on the mic with GRODT and in business.

What he says at the end is a straight shot at Drake and a few other artists:

"Em grew up in the culture, he lived it, so I can't be mad at that - I only have a problem with someone faking or creating a facade."

Started from the bottom now we here.

Agreed, The last one over the wall tbh.

yeah I am more than on board with that alex g album. thanks for the rec ander

htdw album feels like this year's anxiety except less boisterous. good stuff imo

Hence why nas didn't have much to say in the diss to 50....since he knew the damage was already done.

Don't Body Yaself was a dope diss though. 50's problem was that he already named Jay and Nas as the only rappers (other than him) who could kill someone in 8 bars. So when he dissed both of them I remember thinking oh man, 50 is gonna go all out. Yet instead he treated them like irrelevant rappers only worthy of a couple sly lines. Meh.

For all his bravado 50 is kind of pussy. He made up with Nas this year but still talks shit about Jay. Yet he'll never throw his full hat in the ring with a real diss.

Don't Body Yaself was a dope diss though. 50's problem was that he already named Jay and Nas as the only rappers (other than him) who could kill someone in 8 bars. So when he dissed both of them I remember thinking oh man, 50 is gonna go all out. Yet instead he treated them like irrelevant rappers only worthy of a couple sly lines. Meh.

For all his bravado 50 is kind of pussy. He made up with Nas this year but still talks shit about Jay. Yet he'll never throw his full hat in the ring with a real diss.

Idk why he keeps going in at Hov. I thought they made peace a while back.

50cent-jayz.jpg

RP912

Banned

50's whole career been on some "How to Rob" shit. He only got the upper hand with ja because he sabotaged his own career with putting so much malice in destroying 50's career. The problem with 50 is that the tactics he was doing during his top reign became his tomb. Dude quick to practice 48 laws of power tactics but miss a chapter or two on his own defenses.

Esch

Banned
Idk why he keeps going in at Hov. I thought they made peace a while back.

I think the way Jay bowed out right as 50 was about to explode and then came back and maintained his position. He's basically just a sore loser, all there is to it. Low key, I also think 50 has always been a fan of Jay music (note all the time's he's flipped his lines back at him) and has probably seen him as his biggest rival, since Em is more of like a teammate to him.

Note here that 50 is throwing up an antiquated version of the Roc symbol; with only the index and thumbs up. This was more popular during the Streets is Watching era 96-98; only a fan would know that.

I think the way Jay bowed out right as 50 was about to explode and then came back and maintained his position. He's basically just a sore loser, all there is to it. Low key, I also think 50 has always been a fan of Jay music (note all the time's he's flipped his lines back at him) and has probably seen him as his biggest rival, since Em is more of like a teammate to him.

I always kinda liked the tension when 50 was actually putting out music. Taking sly shots, just cause you can never struck me as bitter when he was consistently producing music that was selling.

Nowadays, when you get dropped, and put out a sub-par project that doesn't sell, it just strikes me as bitter.

RP912

Banned
What was the best album out of the g-unit camp?

My pick is hunger for more. Banks was a beast back in the days. I remember bumping the hell out of his best of mixtape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom