• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
The only real answer is one of the first two Young Buck albums or The Documentary.

The Documentary had the beats but I can't get passed the game's references. The whole album felt like a glossary for better artists with superior rap albums. I did love The Doctor's Advocate though.

Note here that 50 is throwing up an antiquated version of the Roc symbol; with only the index and thumbs up.

dude...he's from New York. It's not some secret only a fan knows lol.

and he's from Queens
nas2.jpg

different fingers I know but :trollbron:

What was the best album out of the g-unit camp?

My pick is hunger for more. Banks was a beast back in the days. I remember bumping the hell out of his best of mixtape.

Well I'd have Get Rich or Die Tryin and The Documentary then id have Hunger For More to round out the top three.

RP912

Banned
Straight Outta Cashville had it's moments but I really couldn't get into that album. Shorty Wanna Ride does wonders to the whip though.

Dat bass man.

RP912

Banned
Everytime I think of G-Unit...I think of the one man warpath Joe Buddens was on against them. It was glorious but too bad folks were so caught up with the whole game/50 beef.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tngeWzVnmew - Big Shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUpO6ipgezU -Heartbeatology

Dude went the hell in on the unit. They didn't even respond :(

Because why would you respond to Budden. Nobody gives a shit, or ever has given a shit, what Budden thinks. When Budden thinks about what cereal to pour in the morning, he has to ask a third party because even he doesn't give a shit what he thinks. Budden is more irrelevant to the rap game than Weird Al. Barbra Streisand has more cred than Budden. Obama called Kanye a jackass, but even Jimmy Carter couldn't find it in his homeless house building heart to give a fuck about Budden.

RP912

Banned
Because why would you respond to Budden. Nobody gives a shit, or ever has given a shit, what Budden thinks. When Budden thinks about what cereal to pour in the morning, he has to ask a third party because even he doesn't give a shit what he thinks. Budden is more irrelevant to the rap game than Weird Al. Barbra Streisand has more cred than Budden. Obama called Kanye a jackass, but even Jimmy Carter couldn't find it in his homeless house building heart to give a fuck about Budden.

I get the fact Buddens was throwing stones at a kingdom but them stones were tapping the glass hard.

Just saying...I would have respond.

WanderingWind

I get the fact Buddens was throwing stones at a kingdom but them stones were tapping the glass hard.

Just saying...I would have respond.

When nobodies try to beef with people on top of the game, the only way for them to lose is to respond.

WanderingWind

"And these young mother fuckers is about to fuck up
Like leaving they whole career in some bitch car"

I dunno about that statement. This quote murdered banks :(

How. How did that murder Banks? Banks had 10x the fanbase, hits, money and respect. They're both equally irrelevant now, but you can't murder somebody if they own your entire life on a flash drive.

RP912

Banned
How. How did that murder Banks? Banks had 10x the fanbase, hits, money and respect. They're both equally irrelevant now, but you can't murder somebody if they own your entire life on a flash drive.

Better than leaving your sophomore album in some girl's car though. I'm just saying that shit alone cost Banks to redo his second album which didn't do the numbers as the album in the car would have did.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
"And these young mother fuckers is about to fuck up
Like leaving they whole career in some bitch car"

I dunno about that statement. This quote murdered banks :(

Lol. Forgot about that.

Out of everyone he's gotten into verbal tiffs with, he's not far from the truth. I think Jay gave him an etherus line but that's about it. Ransom said some funny shit, but Buddens got him too.

remember when Buddens falcon punched his fetus son to death? Can't believe he's become somewhat mainstream (ESPN, VH1).

That soured me on him more than his wack mainstream albums. smh. Toss in Lil B ethering him and not even an A-Team reunion could get me excited for his stuff anymore.

So...?

That was before Budden's current fukkery when everyone was Beefing with each other. He was already on the Drake wave of putting his faults out, in that era, so there wasn't much of shit anyone could say, aside from "Pump it up" being his only hot song. *shrugs*

Besides, if I'm remembering correctly, Banks got caught lacking with some female and had his shit aired out.

effzee

All that may be true but the real reason they never responded is because they never could.

That was 50's whole thing. Diss better records and even if they reply he never would. The only one he really cared about going after was Ja.

He threw shots at everyone. Made his crew (mainly Game) pick up random battles (like with Budden). He was so big he knew it didn't matter if he never responded. It was all part of the hype and energy around his music.

Now when he does it with no music to back it up, its rather pathetic.

And as far as the better artist goes, I'd rather listen to Budden any day over 50.

I thought we were just talking about the better disses or diss records.

And Budden is currently far more relevant and probably much more money off of the deal with Em and his tv shows.

WanderingWind

Better than leaving your sophomore album in some girl's car though. I'm just saying that shit alone cost Banks to redo his second album which didn't do the numbers as the album in the car would have did.

I mean, it's a funny line. Budden wrote a ton of funny lines that had the impact of chucking a marshmellow at Zeus. He is absolutely the worst of the rappers touted by heads as the next big thing. He never did shit worth mentioning and if the rap game shut down tomorrow, Biz Markie and Marky Mark and Mark Zimmerman would all receive more of a footnote than Joey fucking Budden.

I thought we were just talking about the better disses or diss records.

And Budden is currently far more relevant and probably much more money off of the deal with Em and his tv shows.

We are. I mean, if you write the next Ether in your basement and nobody hears it and nobody feels it, is it really that good? I say no.

And maybe Budden is eating off selling Foreman grills or whatever the fuck his boss is having him do, but he never did off what he professes to be good at. Banks at least did that, and that's what matters when not talking strictly quality. And I'd rather listen to Hunger for More than Budden reading aloud the secret for alchemy.

RP912

Banned
I mean, it's a funny line. Budden wrote a ton of funny lines that had the impact of chucking a marshmellow at Zeus. He is absolutely the worst of the rappers touted by heads as the next big thing. He never did shit worth mentioning and if the rap game shut down tomorrow, Biz Markie and Marky Mark and Mark Zimmerman would all receive more of a footnote than Joey fucking Budden.

So we not going to agree that Mood Muzik contribute to introspective type of rapping in the industry nowadays. Back then dudes didn't dig deep into their personal life...nowadays a rapper could get a papercut and spit about how the shit stings.

WanderingWind

So we not going to agree that Mood Muzik contribute to introspective type of rapping in the industry nowadays. Back then dudes didn't dig deep into their personal life...nowadays a rapper could get a papercut and spit about how the shit stings.

What. No. No, Budden doesn't get credit for shit that has existed since the second rap song to ever make waves. He's the fetusweight champion in boxing though, so I suppose that counts for something.

You don't honestly believe this right? I mean Em let me know of all about how much he hated most of his family and his relationship with his wife and he's fucking huge. Why would you think Budden was an innovator in that regard?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Of course he didn't create that type of rap. In the time when you had to be Ultra Thug to get people to listen you, he did make a career out of it. I think the man is a shell of himself and don't even check for him, but there weren't to many mainstream rappers getting far with his ultra #sadboys raps, like now.

Em is a good example, from back then, but it's Em, and he wasn't as apologetic as Budden was.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
While I think Budden definitely stood out in the game in a lot of the right ways, I'm not sure if I feel comfortable saying Mood Muzik itself was influential or even had any momentum. I think he might have been ahead of his time as far as that sort of introspecting becoming a thing again, but I never hear anyone cite that series as an influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom