• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

So I guess Mexico has to thank Portugal as well for getting them into the World Cup.

8Vd2G.png

IrishNinja

I posted it as well. The drums had me at hello.

right? well, at least we both heard it then

Hence why nas didn't have much to say in the diss to 50....since he knew the damage was already done.

They say Jada defeated him
Joe too street for him
What's next? I guess it's for Nas to ether him

Nas had a lotta replies to make in that track, fif got addressed though

Don't Body Yaself was a dope diss though. 50's problem was that he already named Jay and Nas as the only rappers (other than him) who could kill someone in 8 bars. So when he dissed both of them I remember thinking oh man, 50 is gonna go all out. Yet instead he treated them like irrelevant rappers only worthy of a couple sly lines. Meh.

For all his bravado 50 is kind of pussy. He made up with Nas this year but still talks shit about Jay. Yet he'll never throw his full hat in the ring with a real diss.

as was said here later, this was clear 50 tactics - create hype taking shots at the biggest targets, often not reply again when they do but keep the subliminals going. i honestly think Ja was the only one who decided to pour all his energy into it, and look where that got him.

Never even heard of Joe Buddens

haha damn

His first album is good for what it is but his godtier work is the mood muzik series....mainly Mood Muzik 2.

i was into MM2 but stopped at 3...i dug some stuff (3 sides to a story etc) but honestly, i went outside & was done with it after that. baby-punching aside, ill say that joey got good taste in females at least.

Yeah, he let a goal through, but he was great out there today.

STAHP

RP912

Banned
You don't honestly believe this right? I mean Em let me know of all about how much he hated most of his family and his relationship with his wife and he's fucking huge. Why would you think Budden was an innovator in that regard?

I mean as far as it becoming very common. Sure Em did it but nobody caught on until buddens made it a common thing in his work.

Howard is by far the US MVP. Still they have no chance in the knockout stages

I hope Germany makes the final but I see them maybe stopping at the semis

I'm still at work and the fuckery breaks out? Aw hell naw.
banderas.png
this is Prodigy level lying and delusion

nah breh, at least Prodigy was in the room of the events he fabricates. Notice how Prodigy's stories almost go like this:

1. Claim one: I was at [insert location]. Accuracy: TRUE
2. Claim two: I saw [insert rapper]. Accuracy: TRUE
3. Claim three: That nicca tried to clown me. Accuracy: TRUE
4. Claim four: I retaliated by [insert random act of extreme violence or aggression]. Accuracy: FALSE

Ja out here completely fabricating the time, place, items involved...dude is playing dungeon master of his own ghetto Dungeons & Dragons fantasy out here, brehs.

Esch

Banned
I'm still at work and the fuckery breaks out? Aw hell naw.

nah breh, at least Prodigy was in the room of the events he fabricates. Notice how Prodigy's stories almost go like this:

1. Claim one: I was at [insert location]. Accuracy: TRUE
2. Claim two: I saw [insert rapper]. Accuracy: TRUE
3. Claim three: That nicca tried to clown me. Accuracy: TRUE
4. Claim four: I retaliated by [insert random act of extreme violence or aggression]. Accuracy: FALSE

Ja out here completely fabricating the time, place, items involved...dude is playing dungeon master of his own ghetto Dungeons & Dragons fantasy out here, brehs.

I cant trust the veracity of this formula since it doesn't include the story where Prodigy was visited by aliens.

IrishNinja

^bwahaha

brehs i just got a galaxy s3, ya'll got any good wallpapers? hip hop, comic, gaming shit i find is usually generic as fuck, and even nature stuff all looks like stock windows backgrounds. i can't even find some mount emei type shit like esh got me wanting.

Daedelus AMA at /r/AdvancedProduction. Mostly deals with production methods and live performance philosophy which could be useful for a few people here. There are some general music questions in there too.

If you haven't seen Daedelus' live setup you should watch this video and try to get at a show when he's around. Pretty unique experience to watch him work and it's impressive every time.

Have you ever thought about making an entire album with Prefuse 73?
What do you feel was your favorite album to make?

Having not spoken with Scott in a long while. I know he did an LP with Teebs not long ago. as well his Eastern Developments label was really forward thinking when it comes to Beat Music, look at Ammoncontact's body of work there, precursing a lot of instrumental music... But nothing on the horizon. As for my own output I do believe A Gent Agent was a really fun concept to create (along with it's accompanying Meanwhile...)

Why couldn't all these collabs have come to fruition before people were flabby.

Anyone want to jump in Plug tonight? Car died, shit all to do outside the draft.

Don't let me set here listening to jonwayne beats all alone.

I'll be down later and also what was this about jonwayne killing his set a month ago? I remember you saying something like his sample game is better than everyone else more or less

I'll be down later and also what was this about jonwayne killing his set a month ago? I remember you saying something like his sample game is better than everyone else more or less

Yeah he played an amazing set at Low End Fest a few weeks back, all the material he ran through before rapping was unreleased. He leveled up his live performance game bigtime, no gaps, great transitions, everything banged. Constantly pulling out these beautiful vocal and string samples layered with beats. Gaslamp Killer had been playing some of it pretty often leading up to that and I assume a new album is being mixed/mastered and they're testing it out now.

Really wish more of GAF had gotten out to Low End Fest. Whole vibe was a super fun celebration of like...nearly ten years of sound finally starting to dominate LA culture. Especially during the day when everyone filtering around the Echo/Echoplex area--inside, outside, on the streets, at restaurants--were regulars and performers and friendly faces who'd been around for years. Saw some people I hadn't seen for years and years. It was like a giant family reunion in a way. If you're in So Cal you need to head out to Low End at some point in your life. There's really nothing like it.

IrishNinja

Big Ghostface is not Ghostface Killah.

you sure breh? where's your evidence? i'm using the liner notes from 36. what you got? where yo grandma stay round?

I don't know about that. Can't stand chicks that listen to Beyonce from my experience. I always hate when she drops a new single for her next album.

my chick's cousins are all beyonce stans and they cook mean nica food so i can't abide this personally

much rather deal w/ a Rihanna stan than a Beyonce stan.

see, just passed the dom test too

Listen to what dusty misogynist fucks who haven't released a good album in 14 years say brehs

okay its one thing to be a rihanna fan, but this is the worst post here for several pages - for real? can you even name a bad ghost album? half of ghostdini was as close as ive found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom