• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoe

Banned
okay its one thing to be a rihanna fan, but this is the worst post here for several pages - for real? can you even name a bad ghost album? half of ghostdini was as close as ive found.

Everything after Supreme Clientele has been ehh as far as albums go.
Fishscale got close but had too many duds.

Esch

Banned
Mooose really opened my eyes on fishscale. Lots of bad verses and unforgivable weed carrier verses and it's not that cohesive as a project.

IrishNinja

Worst ghostface album gotta be pretty tony. He had missy on that album :/.

wait, Pretty Toney is a great album that has hands down the best Stylistics track Ghost & ODB ever rapped over. why is Missy a negative again? possibly a top 5 female MC.

HiResDes

More Fish helped, but nah man - Pretty Toney (wait that was before), Apollo Kids, 12 Reasons are all good to great, you on that bullshit doe

The 12 Reasons Apollo Brown version kind of elevates how I'll remember that album. Also the vinyl sounds more on point for some reason.

RP912

Banned
wait, Pretty Toney is a great album that has hands down the best Stylistics track Ghost & ODB ever rapped over. why is Missy a negative again? possibly a top 5 female MC.

I was never a fan of missy. Even during her supa dupa fly days. There were some good tracks on pretty tony but the rest were forgettable.

IrishNinja

^agreed
i was actually a fan of Da Brat's first LP too

The 12 Reasons Apollo Brown version kind of elevates how I'll remember that album. Also the vinyl sounds more on point for some reason.

didn't know this was a thing! streaming now, gonna look for it elsewhere

mooooose

Mooose really opened my eyes on fishscale. Lots of bad verses and unforgivable weed carrier verses and it's not that cohesive as a project.

congrats man

new cam song is ass

ghostface has made nothing but bad projects since fishscale, but his verse on new god flow is really great

thabiz

And ya'll said I was crazy for saying it's going to be an underated classic. Both versions are dope, but the original is smooth as fuck.

mooooose

i don't remember this talk at all when Apollo Kids dropped either

i said it then too. that shit is a glorified mixtape.

fishscale - ghost with a budget and with the right people in his ear. some AMAZING beats, though they were reused. some great storytelling. but 80% ghostwritten ass verses and so many weed carriers.

more fish - the above. the highs are, again, the production.

big doe - this shit was ass. boring ass beats, boring fucking verses. there is hardly a memorable song.

apollo kids - a mixtape with one good song and another great song that was nearly 6 years old.

ghost deini - a really great album for what it was trying to do, with some great songs. paragraphs of love, stapleton sex, and some others are dope.

wu block - complete ass. who wanted this? first album no one gave a shit about and actually diminished ghost's presence imo.

12 reasons to die - overrated. i appreciate the effort made by all parties, it tried to be good, but it lacks cohesion of any sort. ghost is, not purposefully, offbeat on many of the tracks, the concept is shallow, and his storytelling is surprisingly thin.

has ghostface had classic verses since then? yeah. people love the gihad verse. i think new god flow is a classic. i think he killed murder goons. both my guitar and heart gently weeps (tho the song is ass, his verse is nearly as good as impossible and just so ghost). shakey dog is great and i really like ragu as a song. but the god fell off hard. i think he has it in him (but i think everyone i like who has fell off has it in them) to make a reform, there are flashes of good work, but honestly he's an old head dust head who is real as fuck but he's clearly not going to make music with underground/backpack esque beatmakers and let them guide his sound.

though, in a way, he did break frank dukes, so kudos to the god. kid is pretty good.

IrishNinja

moooooose i see your detailed response but i guess as a wu fan i just sorta adjust expectations; for me ghost stays consistent in that i enjoy the albums overall, despite missed opportunities. lemme ask you this though, what was your take on Pretty Toney?

mooooose

moooooose i see your detailed response but i guess as a wu fan i just sorta adjust expectations; for me ghost stays consistent in that i enjoy the albums overall, despite missed opportunities. lemme ask you this though, what was your take on Pretty Toney?

not great but some dope cuts and the last good rza/ghost collab in run, so its better than a lot of what i listed above

and im a wu fan too, but most of their output is ass

HiResDes

Jonwayne said:
It breaks my heart to inform everyone that tours have been cancelled for the rest of the year due to health reasons. If you were planning to attend a show this year I offer my sincerest apologies and just know the decision was not made lightly in the slightest. Everything is being done in my (and my team's) power to resolve the matter at hand so I can continue to do what I love. I want to thank you for the continued support each and every one of you has given me through the years and will do my best to repay in acts for the future.

Thank you.
OMG, IM SO FUCKING SAD

Bishman

Schama @SchamaNoel
So is these days supposed to be a parody of modern-day rappers? @abdashsoul
ab-soul ✔ @abdashsoul
Follow
59. @SchamaNoel now you're on to something.
6:48 PM - 26 Jun 2014

mooooose

lil ugly mane was legit money for the right label/a&r to find. not that i think he wouldve signed but you can just picture that dude on a warped tour esque stage IMO. he had the whole image to crossover with teen america

overcast

How the hell would one market Ugly Mane? Can't see it tbh.

Pickles text me whenever there is a good show going down at Low End, I'll try making it through.

PlayDat

Too easy brehs.

Click the image to try yourself. Choose and artist and get scored based on how quickly you can identify their songs.

HiResDes

Yeah not impressed at all, just started:

Yxld2pF.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom