• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

pablito

I was just thinking that this album is really special for me. I was making crazy claims in my head and everything.

i love MTI so much i actually spent a lot on the vinyl. not as much as it's going on discogs currently, but a lot nonetheless.

i'm really fiendin on any information about the prelude box set.

IrishNinja

Irish you're like three years late on shit dat everyone was talking about for months and months how is it possible?

not gonna lie, it's less often work getting busy and more often just feelin like ehh fuck hip hop so i explore other genres for a bit till i get that feeling again, you know? like, when im not digging anything i'm hearing for a bit, i take time off & either dig through the crates of stuff i slept on, or hit up another sound entirely. right now it's the former since (like gaming side) kinda feeling a drought right now.

Soodanim

I saw the modern hip hop defence force in action in that thread about Cheef Keef. I thought I'd come to the source and see who's good right now.

I haven't listened to anyone new in about 5 years, so I need bringing up to speed. From the last couple pages I can already given examples of what I don't like at all. Flying Cars? Shit. The beat style on Cam'ron - Funeral? Always hated it. Most south stuff, like Cheef Keef in his prime? Hate it.

So with that filtered out, who's good?

I saw the modern hip hop defence force in action in that thread about Cheef Keef. I thought I'd come to the source and see who's good right now.

I haven't listened to anyone new in about 5 years, so I need bringing up to speed. From the last couple pages I can already given examples of what I don't like at all. Flying Cars? Shit. The beat style on Cam'ron - Funeral? Always hated it. Most south stuff, like Cheef Keef in his prime? Hate it.

That's not really a lot of filter breh. Who did you listen to when you were active?

overcast

Going to take the time to double post quick brehs.

But, come on.. This is so insanely broad. There is so much variety in modern hip-hop it's absurd. 5 years?? I mean, fuck.

Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid Maad City & Section 80
J. Cole - The Warm Up & Friday Night Lights
ASAP Ferg - Trap Lord
ASAP Rocky - LiveLoveASAP
Schoolboy Q - Habits N Contradictions
Action Bronson - Various Albums
Currensy - Pilot Talk 1, Pilot Talk 2, Covert Coup, and Cigarette Boats
Big Krit - Krit Wuz Here and Return of 4eva
Danny Brown - XXX and Old
Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap
Recent Kanye West
Ratking - So It Goes
Freddie Gibbs/Madlib - Piñata
Tiron and Ayomari - A Sucker for Pumps
Lil Ugly Mane - Mista Thug Isolation
Run the Jewels
Shabazz Palaces - Black Up
Strong Arm Steady - In Search of Stoney Jackson
Waka Flocka Flame - Flockaveli

Mostly well known/regarded releases. I forgot an endless amount of releases I loved. Do a little searching through. Look at some best of lists to get started. I don't know where to lead you, but it's pretty damn ignorant to write off a whole genre. Especially one as dense, and quickly progressive as hip-hop.

Tokubetsu

Isn't this a pedo game?

You can't go from 80s anime gifs to this.

Sacrilege, breh.

ibeI8MmqibOnJ5.gif

Tokubetsu

the description and pedo art has me questioning it but the impressions on gaming side about this seem like it's a pretty cool game.

If you ever played Civ or the Total War games, you know the point where you gotta marry off your daughter or prince or w/e? Imagine if the whole game was centered around trying to raise them basically (a princess here obviously). You send her to classes that raise specific skills etc and then as shit happens in the kingdom, you get "tests." Pass or fail certain things happen that can lead to your death.

For example I ended up raising a willful but cheerful princess who sucked at the whole regal ballroom shit but was good with military strategy and conversatio. Sucked at knowing foreign affairs and economics and medicine though. So on her way to a friends party (which I had the knowledge to not go to because it was far away) she got attacked by bandits, hit by an arrow and managed to push it farther into her vital organs making a bad wound fatal.

Shit is hard yo.

PlayDat

What's that?

Click the image to find out yo.

Rolling Stones named their top 45 albums for the first half of 2014. I don't think they chose any particular order. A few albums that made it:

Freddie Gibbs and Madlib - Pinata
Future - Honest
Pharrell Williams - Girl
Schoolboy Q - Oxymoron
Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
St. Vincent - St. Vincent
The Roots - ...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin
Lykke Li - I Never Learn
YG - My Krazy Life
Young Thug and Bloody Jay - Black Portland

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Speaking of lists I think we're almost due for HiResDes's Q2 list. Looking forward to catching up with the good shit I've missed. Feel like I haven't listened to much new stuff this past quarter.

Soodanim

That's not really a lot of filter breh. Who did you listen to when you were active?
Yeah, but I figured I could get a wide variety then go through the it without saying no beforehand to see what stands out.
The past few years I've gone back to older stuff, which is why I'm out of touch with new stuff. Looking at my collection I see Wu (5+ group albums, Tical, Liquid Swords, Cuban Linx and Deck's solo), Blackout, Muddy Waters, a few from Nas, Biggie, Dilated Peoples, Eric B & Rakim, Bone Thugs, Gangstarr, Big Daddy Kane, Public Enemy (going to see them next month).

When I was younger it was a fairly focussed listening, mostly Em, Dre, 50 (only Get Rich), Obie, Royce, D12 with a few others like Mobb Deep thrown in.

Going to take the time to double post quick brehs.

But, come on.. This is so insanely broad. There is so much variety in modern hip-hop it's absurd. 5 years?? I mean, fuck.

Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid Maad City & Section 80
J. Cole - The Warm Up & Friday Night Lights
ASAP Ferg - Trap Lord
ASAP Rocky - LiveLoveASAP
Schoolboy Q - Habits N Contradictions
Action Bronson - Various Albums
Currensy - Pilot Talk 1, Pilot Talk 2, Covert Coup, and Cigarette Boats
Big Krit - Krit Wuz Here and Return of 4eva
Danny Brown - XXX and Old
Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap
Recent Kanye West
Ratking - So It Goes
Freddie Gibbs/Madlib - Piñata
Tiron and Ayomari - A Sucker for Pumps
Lil Ugly Mane - Mista Thug Isolation
Run the Jewels
Shabazz Palaces - Black Up
Strong Arm Steady - In Search of Stoney Jackson
Waka Flocka Flame - Flockaveli

Mostly well known/regarded releases. I forgot an endless amount of releases I loved. Do a little searching through. Look at some best of lists to get started. I don't know where to lead you, but it's pretty damn ignorant to write off a whole genre. Especially one as dense, and quickly progressive as hip-hop.
That's a pretty big list, I appreciate it. I've not written the genre off, don't worry. I just need a little help finding stuff I'll like. I can already write off a bit of that (Kanye past his 2nd album, ASAP Rocky) and I need to give Run The Jewels another listen (I ended up skipping through nearly every track when it first came out).

Esch

Banned
That's a pretty big list, I appreciate it. I've not written the genre off, don't worry. I just need a little help finding stuff I'll like. I can already write off a bit of that (Kanye past his 2nd album, ASAP Rocky) and I need to give Run The Jewels another listen (I ended up skipping through nearly every track when it first came out).

You're not going to like most of what overcast recommended. You may enjoy the albums by Curren$y, Danny Brown, Big KRIT and Gibbs but the rest? Not for you I'd gather.

You should listen to everything you can find by Roc Marciano, and Ka. Ka's recent album The Night's Gambit was an AOTY choice for many gaf hoppers in 2013.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Is A$AP Mob ever going to drop their album :(

Who knows. I'm kinda looking forward to it, since a those guys (well, Ferg then Nast to a lesser degree) have grown a lot since the first album. It could be alright.

They've set a few releases dates, going all the way back to last Fall, but when those dates came nothing happened and they were basically just completely silent about it. Delays happen, obviously, but I always get the impression that those guys are poorly managed.

kamspy

I am alive.

Hip hop still isn't doing anything for me lately. The only current album that even get's spins is Doris.

On my punk rock kick. NOFX, Rancid, Guttermouth and Sublime.

IMO, NOFX and Rancid are the Jay-Z and Nas of Punk. They didn't invent it, they just did it the best. (NOFX won).

Enjoy some your Vanilla Sex https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3wcKL7VJTg

Yeah, but I figured I could get a wide variety then go through the it without saying no beforehand to see what stands out.
The past few years I've gone back to older stuff, which is why I'm out of touch with new stuff. Looking at my collection I see Wu (5+ group albums, Tical, Liquid Swords, Cuban Linx and Deck's solo), Blackout, Muddy Waters, a few from Nas, Biggie, Dilated Peoples, Eric B & Rakim, Bone Thugs, Gangstarr, Big Daddy Kane, Public Enemy (going to see them next month).

When I was younger it was a fairly focussed listening, mostly Em, Dre, 50 (only Get Rich), Obie, Royce, D12 with a few others like Mobb Deep thrown in.

Oddisee:

Tangible Dream

People Hear What They See

Uptown XO - Colour De Grey

yU - The Earn

Give em a shot, plus you can stream the whole album there

kamspy

Nothing like a 33 year old mother of 4, worn and tattered from the winds of life. Girls like that know how to give a sloppy blowjob. When I get a BJ, I want my entire lap to be soaked with mucus and spit. Older chicks have been run down by life enough to let a guy gag them with a dick until they half vomit.

Young chicks with hopes, dreams and skin elasticity just don't have the intangibles for me.

Never understood wanting 72 virgins. If I'm going to bomb some shit, I want the 72 most veteran hookers in the history of mankind. I want a chick that's tossed the salad of an entire boat of vikings and lived to tell about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom