• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think Esch is being really reductionist on Game's "schtick" or whatever on The Documentary. If you only listened to the title track, I think much of that would apply, somewhat, but nearly every song on the album tackles different experiences in his life that led him to that point, like the coma, etc. It's very autobiographical and Game gets way too much unwarranted and unjustified shit for copying others, when he really does have a distinct, albeit flexible, style.

Common tracklist:

1. The Neighborhood feat. Lil Herb & Cocaine 80′s
2. No Fear
3. Diamonds feat. Big Sean
4. Blak Majik feat. Jhené Aiko
5. Speak My Piece
6. Hustle Harder feat. Snoh Aalegra & Dreezy
7. Nobody’s Smiling
8. Real feat. Elijah Blake
9. Kingdom feat. Vince Staples
10. Rewind That
11. Out On Bond feat. Vince Staples
12. 7 Deadly Sings
13. Young Hearts Run Free feat. Cocaine 80′s

Eh. Woo Cocaine80s and Elijah Blake, boo Vince Staples.

Not having Thug Motivation 101 on my hackjob list was an oversite, we talked about it on Plug a few days ago. Doesn't get enough credit

Evian Christ tonight @ Los Globos for So Cal GAF, I don't think he comes on until like 1 AMish if you can't make it early (doors @ 9). Tickets still onsale online, and should be a bunch at the door. If you've never been to Los Globos, ask the bouncer which room Evian is in because you shouldn't have to wait in line for the club room upstairs. Should walk straight through into the downstairs room.

Edit: AND DRINK BEFORE YOU SHOW UP IF YOU WANT TO DRINK. A bottle (no taps, no taps) of beer at Los Globos is like eight bucks. And it's a shit selection. Water is like four. It's awful.

Esch

Banned
I think Esch is being really reductionist

It's what I do.

Note that I did say something about his story being told in a west coast gangster framework, and so did Pickles with the MKL comparison.

And Del tha Funkee Homosapien gets plenty of love on the internet, especially on video gamer sites etc. Please.

Not having Thug Motivation 101 on my hackjob list was an oversite, we talked about it on Plug a few days ago. Doesn't get enough credit

Evian Christ tonight @ Los Globos for So Cal GAF, I don't think he comes on until like 1 AMish if you can't make it early (doors @ 9). Tickets still onsale online, and should be a bunch at the door. If you've never been to Los Globos, ask the bouncer which room Evian is in because you shouldn't have to wait in line for the club room upstairs. Should walk straight through into the downstairs room.

Edit: AND DRINK BEFORE YOU SHOW UP IF YOU WANT TO DRINK. A bottle (no taps, no taps) of beer at Los Globos is like eight bucks. And it's a shit selection. Water is like four. It's awful.

Ughhhh can't make it tonight, would love to see that show though. An Evian Christ X Zomby boxing match would be even better tbh

It's worth noting that Game is on record as saying he "studied" hip hop by just listening to Jay, Nas, and 2pac albums nonstop and entering the rap game months later. Most of his shit sounds like someone checking off boxes on a list. How many noteworthy rappers have been in the game for a decade plus without us knowing much of anything about them through their music? Sure he was shot 5 times, what else? What's his personality?

In Pokemon terms the nicca is the Ditto of the rap game. Case in point. Dude is literally using Em's cadence.

overcast

Musically speaking, this year hasn't been that great for me, bros. :(
Really? Across all genres?

If I'm struggling finding new music, there is always an incredible amount of older music I've missed. I mix it up quite a bit. I listened to Girls a lot and am going through their first album again. Great summer music.

Tokubetsu

It's worth noting that Game is on record as saying he "studied" hip hop by just listening to Jay, Nas, and 2pac albums nonstop and entering the rap game months later. Most of his shit sounds like someone checking off boxes on a list. How many noteworthy rappers have been in the game for a decade plus without us knowing much of anything about them through their music? Sure he was shot 5 times, what else? What's his personality?

In Pokemon terms the nicca is the Ditto of the rap game. Case in point. Dude is literally using Em's cadence.

I remember he had a mixtape track from 2010 where he straight up says he's gonna use eminem's stadium anthem flow...and does.

Haha pretty sure this is it:
http://youtu.be/c3bugi5fORA

He's lucky he came out when he did. He could be steered etc by Interscope and co. This doesn't work as well as it used to thanks to the relative transperancy of the industry (at least compared to even ten years ago).

T Dollarz

Des blessed me with the recommendation on these JVC headphones imported from japan. They sound PERFECT and are comfortable as all hell. Good looks.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I remember writing a big ass glowing review of The Cool on GAF lmao.

Little Weapon :whew:

The Cool is undoubtedly a classic and minus 'Hi-Definition' I like it even more than F&L.

This is why I still fuck with this thread. Y'all don't like to revise history as much as some threads that act like Lupe was always shit.

it's aight
benefits heavily from its era & lack of like products at that particular moment

Although

Esch

Banned
The Documentary is good, but c'mon dudes. I love the guy's music but he's basically the Motley Crue of the rap world. It's great but nowhere near among the greatest.

If The Game were a soccer team, he'd be Newcastle United

If The Game were a president, he'd be Milliard Fillmore

If The Game were a producer, he'd be Dame Grease

If The Game were a boxer, he'd be Adrien Broner

If The Game were a TV personality, he'd be Adam Carolla

Marc Lamont Hill
‏@marclamonthill
This is one if the dopest hip hop sets I've heard in years. Outkast is MURKING this show.

Marc Lamont Hill Verified account
‏@marclamonthill

So Big Boi is doing his solo set now. This is where the homie @bomani_jones turns up... and I check my email.

Marc Lamont Hill Verified account
‏@marclamonthill

Big Boi just called me a b**** on stage. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom