• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

i would've filled that joint w/ some better games. with a console as the centerpiece to play fighting games online w/ a sitdown stick setup.

regardless i don't get why you build something like that if you can't enjoy it w/ your family. having a room like that would be a million times more fun if you had kids to share it with. dude fumbled his life at the goal line.

Kwixotik

One day when his ex came over to see the finished project, he showed her that he was sleeping on a convertible sofa bed with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles bedspread. “Well, at least I don’t need to worry that this room will ever get another woman wet,” is how he recalls her reaction. (

lmao. Also it's hilarious that all the arcade forum people start calling him "poser" and shit and accuse him of not being a true arcade fan. He's really got nobody, it's kind of sad. Imagine how long it'll take before his old friends get sick of his constant arcade shit and he realizes his new friends only have one thing in common with him?

Edit:
On second thought...
MG_3149.jpg

Kooluris watches as friends play Street Fighter during a party at his apartment.

thabiz

lmao. Also it's hilarious that all the arcade forum people start calling him "poser" and shit and accuse him of not being a true arcade fan. He's really got nobody, it's kind of sad. Imagine how long it'll take before his old friends get sick of his constant arcade shit and he realizes his new friends only have one thing in common with him?

Edit:
On second thought...

im sure his friends would hang out with him with or without the arcade.

Kwixotik

im sure his friends would hang out with him with or without the arcade.

I dunno, my mental picture of this guy is that he's always going to be trying to get people over to his place to use the arcade instead of going to do other stuff. It's not the arcade that's the problem, it's the obsession.

Edit: Also I can't help but think he's devoted and aesthetically-minded enough that if he did this as a business instead of a personal thing, he could have an actual arcade with enough style and modern design elements that it might actually make him money. Instead he's got a messed up bedroom. Not to mention he's in Manhattan and is a PR exec so he's got a larger pool of hobbyists to draw business from than most places and the skills to communicate with them.

thabiz

I dunno, my mental picture of this guy is that he's always going to be trying to get people over to his place to use the arcade instead of going to do other stuff. It's not the arcade that's the problem, it's the obsession.

Edit: Also I can't help but think he's devoted and aesthetically-minded enough that if he did this as a business instead of a personal thing, he could have an actual arcade with enough style and modern design elements that it might actually make him money. Instead he's got a messed up bedroom.

can't see beyond the end of his nose.

IrishNinja

It's just funny to see all these anime kids defending shit like that on the basis of free speech and censorship etc. They don't really give a fuck about that shit. They just don't want anyone to mock them for loving these pedo rape games.

see, i dunno
i saw the thread and by default, i'm against that kinda thing - coming up in a fundamental baptist school left me with a strong distaste for people telling others what they shouldn't read/watch/experience etc, censorship is one of my biggest issues fam

when i saw pics of the game though...i mean, i'll plant my flag on another cause, that one already has that Xseed guy there and i got other stuff to play on my vita nahmean

You guys see that thread about the nerd who devoted his life to building a dorky arcade bedroom and his fiance left him?

LOL, that was a classic NeoGAF gaming thread.

maaan that's a dope room he built tho
still i wonder if he ever sleeps in it & has those existential dreams where it's a prison of his own building

That's crazy, especially since arcade gaming always has sucked. The prehistoric F2P gaming.

gaf-hop law clearly states terrible posts like this require a coli smile after them, fam
you don't want people thinking this a serious statement

exactly this - when i was picking up a lotta classic games, i'd be on other forums & come across dudes who wanted a complete run for a system. this mania really struck me as crazy, you know? like, imagine saying you need to own every NES game ever made or some shit....not that you wanna play a handful of them you dug growing up, or maybe a few you heard were cool, but every single one of them.

and you know what the few dudes who accomplished this obsessive goal did, upon putting them all together? often, they'd sell the whole thing, and start over. that speaks volumes.

Edit: Also I can't help but think he's devoted and aesthetically-minded enough that if he did this as a business instead of a personal thing, he could have an actual arcade with enough style and modern design elements that it might actually make him money. Instead he's got a messed up bedroom.

ehhh im friends with a dude who runs the local arcade out here, and...unless you've got a liquor license or something, you're eating losses. you're running a quarter business that did well in the early 90's with a different world on real estate prices; jacking up your machines to $1 doesn't nearly cut it. his busiest nights are cosplay ones, and those kids notoriously don't pay for shit but pocky.

Esch

Banned
Arcade gaming sucked ass.

Artificially difficulty inflated pay to win bullshit, line waiting, dealing with other smelly children. Shit sucked. I think I got in my first fight ever at an arcade. A Fuddruckers. Fuck arcade gaming. There's a reason that shit barely exists anymore. To think, one day we'll look back on consoles the same way.

Fighters and light gun games were worth it though.

IrishNinja

everything about that post just made me feel bad about ya childhood fam

i respect your right to be wrong on these kindsa things though, you put me onto some good books, kung-fu flicks and spices a while back - no man can have right views on all things, so your gaming opinions really round you off as a human being, you know? be blessed

*edit wait no your edit just threw the whole thing off, don't do that

PlayDat

In the Lab with Ratking

Old interview but I searched the thread and don't think it's been posted here yet. There's a NSFW hentai pic in the middle of the article for you Criminal Girls fans.

The group talks about production, writing process, and working with Your Guru.

Cocoa 88 video is on the way.

Detox

I will not allow blasphemy against f2p it can be done right like valve (only cosmetics). The more devs realise this the more we can all enjoy brilliant coop and competitive multiplayer games that don't have dead populations. The best thing about f2p you can try all these different games and spend your money on them if you like them. Single player games are dope but they only fill time for when none of your friends are down for multiplayer. Games are meant to be social experiences and f2p ensures they never become dead.

Esch

Banned
everything about that post just made me feel bad about ya childhood fam
TBH, unless you were one of those kids with every system, my gaming childhood was probably better than yours. The first game I ever played was Warcraft when I was like 5ish. My dad was a nerd on the cutting edge of golden era PC gaming till round when the PS2 dropped, which I copped. Dude literally put 40 hours into Dark Cloud 2. And then i'd go to arcades. They were wack. Full of asshole kids who weren't my friends that got mad whenever you won too much or had too many quarters. You had to ration out your playtime communism style and play things really slowly or artificially spazz out into not dying on half the games. It wasn't tight.

Compare that to a game of Starcraft or Jedi Knight where I could sit back in the comfort of your own house with a couple friends, switch off politely and talk :banderas: it's not a contest.

*edit wait no your edit just threw the whole thing off, don't do that

It wasn't all bad. Some cool game types came out of it. Racers were aite. Fighting games are aite. But i never really got into either genre besides a few titles here or there.

I will not allow blasphemy against f2p it can be done right like valve (only cosmetics). The more devs realise this the more we can all enjoy brilliant coop and competitive multiplayer games that don't have dead populations. The best thing about f2p you can try all these different games and spend your money on them if you like them. Single player games are dope but they only fill time for when none of your friends are down for multiplayer. Games are meant to be social experiences and f2p ensures they never become dead.

F2P isn't all bad, just like arcade gaming. it can be done right.

Detox

I still find it amazing how much they raised for the international higher prize pool than the tour de France, masters. Imagine if valve only took a 25% cut instead of 75% and we're talking $30m+

PlayDat

It also low key rustles my jimmies how those Shmurda cornballs slide in that "sh-" on the shit they're saying. No Yiddish in my rap please.

Shword.

Went to high school in the Bronx. You don't e'en shnow how bad it was a few years ago.

Irish kids taking the bus up to Shwoodlawn after school.
iWlBlgAwAM4FG.png

codhand

fhillysubtle on psn brehs
codhand on steam
c0dhand xb1

yo wandering, the slo-mo headshots in Sniper Elite 3 are worth the cop.

CRS

Best arcade memories were going to Mexico and play at my family store's hacked arcade cabinet that had every arcade and 8-bit game known to man. I was the shit at the King of Fighter series there.

Also, the local arcade there was the hangout place to be as well. I wonder if it's still running.

Kwixotik

I honestly can't say I wanna play many 80s arcade games these days. I'm all about some Time Crisis 3, House of the Dead, arcade racing, and shit like that. I can also see why fighting games are appealing in an arcade, though I never played them. Mostly I think arcades are good for games that need those accessories you'd have to shell out lots of cash/effort to have at home.

However, shit like Gauntlet, TMNT, Golden Axe and stuff like that are just indisputably better as console games.

if you have a Playstation console post your PSN here, I think I only have biz on my friends list.

Syph93
Literally just bought a PS4 in the last hour.

and my steam is syph_council

Most importantly though, I'm about to listen to Low End Theory for the first time

Arcade gaming sucked ass.

Artificially difficulty inflated pay to win bullshit, line waiting, dealing with other smelly children. Shit sucked. I think I got in my first fight ever at an arcade. A Fuddruckers. Fuck arcade gaming. There's a reason that shit barely exists anymore. To think, one day we'll look back on consoles the same way.

Fighters and light gun games were worth it though.

Man, and I thought we were bros.

This is something I'm super excited about. A trailer for Looking For The Perfect Beat is up. For So. Cal residents, it will be debuting at the LA Film Festival this weekend. The movie should be a pretty cool look into the process and day to day of being a creator in the wide-open environment LA has become. Definitely, definitely, definitely check out the trailer, and if you're interested I can get distribution details for those outside of LA. DEFINITELY something any of us interested in production should give a go without a moment of hesitation. You will see me spam more about this as we get closer to release, in the same way that I always spam about shit.

'Looking for the Perfect Beat' is a cinéma vérité immersion inside the unique Los Angeles "beat scene" music community, centered around the world famous Low End Theory club night. Filmed over the Summer of 2013, we are given the opportunity to elegantly lift the veil on the personal creative processes of the internationally-acclaimed pillars of the scene. Indie music luminaries such as Thundercat, the Gaslamp Killer, TOKiMONSTA, Jonwayne, Baths, Daedelus, Ras G, Teebs, D-Styles, edIT of the Glitch Mob, Astronautica, Free the Robots, and Matthewdavid are all featured in vivid detail. The soundtrack for the film creates itself live on camera as the film elapses. This avant-garde visual angle on each subject in their respective creative spaces provides for an introspective glimpse into what would otherwise be unseen.

Told as a 24-hour tour throughout the city, the fly-on-the-wall perspective of 'Looking for the Perfect Beat' archives each artist's studio at this moment in history, revealing something not only universally humanizing about the scene's stars, but also telling of the diverse community in which this group of inter-related artists interact. Directed by seasoned music documentarian Matthew F. Smith, and produced by Low End Theory club founder Daddy Kev, 'Looking for the Perfect Beat' provides a holistic view of L.A.'s key players in this generation's electronic music landscape while instilling hope for the future of cross-cultural creative unions.

edit: FYI Free the Robots and Matthewdavid are actually at Low End tonight.

Kwixotik

This is something I'm super excited about. A trailer for Looking For The Perfect Beat is up. For So. Cal residents, it will be debuting at the LA Film Festival this weekend. The movie should be a pretty cool look into the process and day to day of being a creator in the wide-open environment LA has become. Definitely, definitely, definitely check out the trailer, and if you're interested I can get distribution details for those outside of LA. DEFINITELY something any of us interested in production should give a go without a moment of hesitation. You will see me spam more about this as we get closer to release, in the same way that I always spam about shit.

edit: FYI Free the Robots and Matthewdavid are actually at Low End tonight.

This sounds like something I'd be really interested in, but I'm in the middle of nowhere Kentucky. Will it be available online at any point?

Kwixotik

In the Lab with Ratking

Old interview but I searched the thread and don't think it's been posted here yet. There's a NSFW hentai pic in the middle of the article for you Criminal Girls fans.

The group talks about production, writing process, and working with Your Guru.

Cocoa 88 video is on the way.

That interview was pretty cool. Hak stays not saying anything worth listening to and carrying around shitty hentai manga tho. Is DJ Clue actually good? I don't think I've ever knowingly listened to his shit and his reviews online are mediocre.

CRS

His steam URL might be /id/syph_council

Not sure what the exact format is but copy yours from your profile and replace the name with his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom