• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Detroit listens to doughboyz cashout they don't listen to big sean nor danny brown.
Yup ask em about either and theyll hit you with the
mjlol.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I thought Destiny beta codes could be redeemed on any platform via Bnet?

I have an extra one too, if anyone wants. For whatever platform you want.

I thought Destiny beta codes could be redeemed on any platform via Bnet?

I have an extra one too, if anyone wants. For whatever platform you want.

You enter the code from the Retailer into Bungie.net, then they'll email the code.

However, given the insane amount of emails that need to go out.. it might be better just to check your Bungie.net Profile > Codes to get it from there at 10am PDT. That way you're not stuck waiting on an email that will likely take forever to get to you.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The code you have has to be redeemed on Bungie website while picking a platform, and then the actual download codes will be emailed in about an hour.

Nah. Instant codes because of my jerb. Still have to go through the rigamarole though.

EDIT: Snugs, check your PMs

Esch

Banned
Borderlands 2 starts out pretty cool then the game play gets kinda stale around hour 30-40ish and the reddit humor starts really grating on my nerves. It's ok. And of course the pitfalls of randomly generated loot take their toll.

codhand

Borderlands 2 starts out pretty cool then the game play gets kinda stale around hour 30-40ish and the reddit humor starts really grating on my nerves. It's ok. And of course the pitfalls of randomly generated loot take their toll.

Tina was the worst character ever.

Detox

Bungie fucked up they had a good base from which to build a competitive pvp game and instead bet the farm on coop. Coop will sell your game well initially but competitive pvp will give sales a long tail and develop a strong community around your ip.

Only CliffyB can save competitive shooters now, not a huge CS fan though it is very good when I'm in the mood.

IrishNinja

seriously, competitive shooters are an oversaturated genre but nowhere near saving...trying being a fan of arcade racers, SHMUPs, JRPGs etc

Esch

Banned
anyone in gaf hop play Divinity : Original Sin yet? I used to love games like that but at 40$ i'm not quite feeling it since i thought Divinity 2 was mediocre.

Tokubetsu

seriously, competitive shooters are an oversaturated genre but nowhere near saving...trying being a fan of arcade racers, SHMUPs, JRPGs etc

Still a lot of jrpgs too man, but much like how comp shooters slant hard into contemporary military shit, jrpgs today lean way too hard into max anime status. We need more Suikodens and less garbage Tales of.

IrishNinja

damn, just like that, my man tokus drops a truth-bomb that opened my eyes to ya'lls complaints about competitive shooters

i see now, and rescind my negative energy~

PlayDat

Borderlands 1 and 2 were the perfect podcast/listening to music games. Easily dumped 150+ in both GOTY editions. Could tell you fuck all about the story or characters.

And yeah people who liked Old more than XXX are weird to me. Old is like a 4/5. XXX is one of the best albums of the past 5 years. Up there with GKMC and Russian Roulette. EDIT: Might throw Yeezus in there too.

Full list of wake up now celebrities.

Detox

If you class competitive as just PvP then sure but I mean something that has a much higher learning curve and skill ceiling. Currently there is only CS and I guess quake live duels. I think Cliffy B has been watching the moba games and CS popularity both in terms of players playing and spectating there is a reason why these games communities are as strong as they are and I think it is the investment required by the skill curve engaging the audience far more than more simple games. It's precisely why I think his game is targeting the PC audience and I'm excited to see what he can do, you may dislike him as a person but he has been involved in designing many stellar shooters.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DON'T LIE TO ME

EDIT: Wow, 2 songs we already had, a fuck you all the time remix wtf. All this time for this?

Yeah, it didn't need to be a huge album but they're such a killer combo, I hoped for something more substantial than three new tracks. Fuck U All The Time is a great but I've heard that shit remixed enough to last a lifetime.

The End is nice, though. Chance morphed into Young Thug.

IrishNinja

spot on. makes a lot of games unplayable.

it does - but like any style, i can do a one-over: Tales of Vesperia (the only tales game i finished) felt like it kinda did things right, as far as character development/etc i know the aesthetic wasn't for everyone, but i was fine with it.

immediately passed on the next 3 or so the series saw.

If you class competitive as just PvP then sure but I mean something that has a much higher learning curve and skill ceiling. Currently there is only CS and I guess quake live duels. I think Cliffy B has been watching the moba games and CS popularity both in terms of players playing and spectating there is a reason why these games communities are as strong as they are and I think it is the investment required by the skill curve engaging the audience far more than more simple games. It's precisely why I think his game is targeting the PC audience and I'm excited to see what he can do, you may dislike him as a person but he has been involved in designing many stellar shooters.

i'm pretty casual with shooters so correct me where i'm wrong, i'm just familiar with:
1) standard military PvP
2) classic arena type shooters (slow quake/doom etc ones and twitchy unreal ones)
3) squad-based (tom clancy)

on the surface though, you're kinda hinting at some stuff i fancy like DC-era sega gameplay (best of arcade type - steep but rewarding curves, short campaigns meant for replay/mastery) and the one element still celebrated by Souls/etc fans, risk/reward balance that punishes those who won't learn vs coddling them.

Cudder

Destiny is polished as fuck. Yo esch I heard from two sources Divinity is real good and better than 1, 2.

Even the Alpha was super polished. Looking forward to getting into the Beta. I wasn't gonna get the game initially but I'm pretty sure I will be now.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
anyone in gaf hop play Divinity : Original Sin yet? I used to love games like that but at 40$ i'm not quite feeling it since i thought Divinity 2 was mediocre.

It's nothing like Divinity 2. It's wholly unique and can't really be compared to anything. If you ever like party based RPGs, this is a absolute must play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom