• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
tumblr_mhnwfmZvC91qedb29o1_500.gif

effzee

YG just exists on those beats. Dude can barely rap, shit is frustrating. It's like listening to Freeway expecting him to say the right word to rhyme but instead he says some shit that doesn't make any damn sense.

LMAO!

All these years this is what I was trying to put into words. I never understood it! In my head I would see the end of the bar and out of nowhere he wouldn't finish it.

Then I would go back and try to listen again thinking I made the mistake and I missed some internal rhyme or some shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
YG is the Curren$y of trap pretty much, just with slighly better songwriting ability and considerably better flow. Can't hold his own unless he's backed up with great production, but he has a great ear. Lyrically blends so well with the beats that you begin to question what you're even listening for but it's kind of straight so you go along with it because it ultimately doesn't matter.

EDIT: Curren$y's ear is considerably better too.

Tokubetsu

YG is the Curren$y of trap pretty much, just with slighly better songwriting ability and considerably better flow. Can't hold his own unless he's backed up with great production, but he has a great ear. Lyrically blends so well with the beats that you begin to question what you're even listening for but it's kind of straight so you go along with it because it ultimately doesn't matter.

EDIT: Curren$y's ear is considerably better too.

i4oe67azY05qp.gif

Brahs, this Common album is the truth. Don't know if it's better or worse than his last album but it complements it very well. Such diverse production, Common is on point on every song, and every feature is well chosen and pulls its weight.

My thoughts as well gonna give it another listen when I can get a chance.

Cudder

I wish I could play YG's album with other people around but I just know my girlfriend would give me weird looks once the first track comes on and the N word is said like 10 times right off the bat.

I'll enjoy that shit in solitude

PBY

Banned
I wish I could play YG's album with other people around but I just know my girlfriend would give me weird looks once the first track comes on and the N word is said like 10 times right off the bat.

I'll enjoy that shit in solitude
Huh.

It's 2014. It'll be aight.

Esch

Banned
Enzo's low key trolls kill me. My man uses Curren$y as a comparison point for every single rapper he thinks is mediocre.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yea no one is really caring that much nowadays when in the context of hippity hop music.

Curren$y just is talking sometimes, skipping and starting.

Really though, all of Currensy's verses start and stop mid conversation. Like someone randomly records him talking about car interiors and yacht deck polish before laying it over beats with mumble ad libs.

I messes with it though. Unique sound.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Right now my AotY list is looking like (in no particular order):

Black Hystori Project
Nobody's Smiling
RetroHash
Oxymoron

Maybe YG and Pinata if the rest of the year is that bad and barren. Cam x A-Trak in a week though (I think?)

Right now my AotY list is looking like (in no particular order):

Black Hystori Project
Nobody's Smiling
RetroHash
Oxymoron

Maybe YG and Pinata if the rest of the year is that bad and barren. Cam x A-Trak in a week though (I think?)

Your honourable mentions are my top 2 lol
Those, and a non-english album are competing for the #1 spot right now. But I'm optimistic that some big names will drop shit this year still.

It's perfect for getting faded on a summer afternoon

dude...i just came back from my buddy's b-day...you know im faded lol

T Dollarz

J. Cole redeemed in my eyes. The Chicago Dollar and a Dream show blew my expectations away. Spent like 8 hours out in the 90degree heat all day in the longest lines of my life and going into back alleys to post up, blaze and booze up, get subway and then get back in line. Finally after being outside since 1:30pm we get in at like 10pm and the venue is fucking pristine. Bars surrounding the main floor and a slick sound system. Cole FINALLY comes out and the place just POPS after 10 hours of anticipation. Dude plays the entire Warm Up mixtape and a few singles after like Lights Please, Can't Get Enough and Up All Night. We were posted at the bar at the start but by encore were in the middle of the crowd just wildin. Man the coolest thing about the whole day was the people me and my friend met. One dude chilled with us the entire day. Then the 3 of us eventually linked up with this dope ass posse in line as we were in line leading up to the place. Finally we get in and there's a/c, all of us just walk to the bar and kicked back in complete satisfaction. After it was over we exchanged numbers, shook up, gave hugs and peaced out and will never see those guys again. All that and the show cost a dollar. Dollar and a dream.

Brehs... All that and the night before I saw Curren$y in Milwaukee.... And the night before that I saw Earl and Domo in chitown.

Last week I nailed an interview, landed my first full time job with insurance and benefits $15/hour. It's just been a celebration the past 5 days since. I'm at a great place in life right now

J. Cole redeemed in my eyes. The Chicago Dollar and a Dream show blew my expectations away. Spent like 8 hours out in the 90degree heat all day in the longest lines of my life and going into back alleys to post up, blaze and booze up, get subway and then get back in line. Finally after being outside since 1:30pm we get in at like 10pm and the venue is fucking pristine. Bars surrounding the main floor and a slick sound system. Cole FINALLY comes out and the place just POPS after 10 hours of anticipation. Dude plays the entire Warm Up mixtape and a few singles after like Lights Please, Can't Get Enough and Up All Night. We were posted at the bar at the start but by encore were in the middle of the crowd just wildin. Man the coolest thing about the whole day was the people me and my friend met. One dude chilled with us the entire day. Then the 3 of us eventually linked up with this dope ass posse in line as we were in line leading up to the place. Finally we get in and there's a/c, all of us just walk to the bar and kicked back in complete satisfaction. After it was over we exchanged numbers, shook up, gave hugs and peaced out and will never see those guys again. All that and the show cost a dollar. Dollar and a dream.

Brehs... All that and the night before I saw Curren$y in Milwaukee.... And the night before that I saw Earl and Domo in chitown.

Last week I nailed an interview, landed my first full time job with insurance and benefits $15/hour. It's just been a celebration the past 5 days since. I'm at a great place in life right now
Dope. Cole is really good live, and has some dedicated fans which makes live shows even more interesting. I can't hate on his grind. Lots of dudes would have sat around complaining if their album was shelved for two years. He toured nonstop for two years instead, then the album came out and blew up/shocked the label.

What type of job? Grats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom