• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Brahs, this Common album is the truth. Don't know if it's better or worse than his last album but it complements it very well. Such diverse production, Common is on point on every song, and every feature is well chosen and pulls its weight.

Im getting into old school and/or undergroud hip/hop and i need some suggestions. If i had to choose between lyrics and the beat itd be 60/40 in favor of lyrics.

Im also hearing good things about some dude named cannibus. Where should i start with him?

I dont like illmatic(i dont like the production values/beats) and i dont like enter the 36 chambers.

Suicide is always an option.

Don't ban me mods.

YG just exists on those beats. Dude can barely rap, shit is frustrating. It's like listening to Freeway expecting him to say the right word to rhyme but instead he says some shit that doesn't make any damn sense.

Esch

Banned
Sometimes I forgot that I wasn't the only one who loved YG's album and think it's one of the years best.
Shit is a fun ass album. Like I said dude if it hadn't made album of the year lists from a lot of 'plebey' sources people would be perfectly ok with it. Too much hype I guess.
Brahs, this Common album is the truth. Don't know if it's better or worse than his last album but it complements it very well. Such diverse production, Common is on point on every song, and every feature is well chosen and pulls its weight.
I think I like it slightly better.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
You all still talking about that tepid glass of water known as YG?

I watch you guys while I'm working.

Tokubetsu

You all still talking about that tepid glass of water known as YG?

I watch you guys while I'm working.

ipOQOyYpyNzBU.gif

overcast

Ah, I need to listen to it.

YG's album is borinnggg.
"HEY HEY HEY HEY"

It's better if only because it isn't a sterile album that people only remember because of Drake
I like the Mustard jams on it but "1AM" is probably my favorite song on there.

metro Boomin :)

HiResDes

YG just exists on those beats. Dude can barely rap, shit is frustrating. It's like listening to Freeway expecting him to say the right word to rhyme but instead he says some shit that doesn't make any damn sense.
Beats sound the same after a while too. I'll take dudes like Skeme and polyester over YG.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's better if only because it isn't a sterile album that people only remember because of Drake
Blue Sky, Celebrate, Ghetto Dreams, Lovin I Lost, etc. are sterile?

I mean, the only reason I can find for calling those sterile is perhaps the production, which is very much in the same vein on Nobody's Smiling, with a bit rougher beats but lacking some of the uptempo/happy stuff.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Blue Sky, Celebrate, Ghetto Dreams, Lovin I Lost, etc. are sterile?

I mean, the only reason I can find for calling those sterile is perhaps the production, which is very much in the same vein on Nobody's Smiling, with a bit rougher beats but lacking some of the uptempo/happy stuff.

I agree on the sterile statement..... like it felt like a cocaine 80's easy listening RnB album starring Common

Esch

Banned
I agree on the sterile comment, and I'm gonna lay that at No ID'S feet. Dude makes nice, but ultimately uninspiring, edge less beats. Justice League suffer from the same mediocrity.

HiResDes

Anyway since someone was talking about it being a weak year, here is my top ten:

1. Ratking - So It Goes
2. Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Cocaine Pinata
3. Antwon - Heavy Hearted in Doldrums
4. Isaiah Rashad - Cilvia
5. Open Mike Eagle - Dark Comedy
6. Cyhi The Prince - Black Hystori
7. goldlink - God Complex
8. RVMIRXZ - Pharaohs
9. Alchemist & evidence - Step Brothers
10. Big Momma - The Plague

... Neon Icon on the outside looking in

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nah, y'all wildin'. Actually, more likely that y'all let the beef come in the way of y'all caring for the album. Almost guaranteed even. I didn't care for that beef because it was some nonsense in the first place.

Oh and Sweet is super dope off the album too.

Too low, easily Top 3.

Esch

Banned
Nah, y'all wildin'. Actually, more likely that y'all let the beef come in the way of y'all caring for the album. Almost guaranteed even. I didn't care for that beef because it was some nonsense in the first place.

Oh and Sweet is super dope off the album too..

I actually fxed with it heavy and then it totally went in the bushes after a couple of months. I really liked it! but it's just not... that memorable.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
nah, she's like a year or two from crossing over to that crypt keeper madonna look.

dont let red carpet photos fool you. the truth is out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom