• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
Bullshit Seared Foie Gras is awesome and the Pabst and Jazz tape is pretty good too. How are people this late and out of touch?

I'm going by the album. I'll check out the mixtapes later.

FAJ9XLm.jpg

I'm about to feast on this also.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That's Yung Lean in the middle. Not sure about the guy on the left but he's probably also obsessed with being sad and fiji water.

HiResDes

I think Danny been too busy caking off concerts to have spent any time in the lab or expand his brand by doing features to really solidify his relevance for much longer... But hopefully I'm wrong.

PlayDat

I think Danny been too busy caking off concerts to have spent any time in the lab or expand his brand by doing features to really solidify his relevance for much longer... But hopefully I'm wrong.

Just keep making dope music. Fuck relevancy. He likes being underground anyway.

I can't see him being relevant in two years, much less ten.

BTW gotta give YG a massive L for being directly tied to the hottest producer in the game yet only having on big song (My Nicca) and one noteworthy guest track (Yo Gotti's Act Right). Who Do You Love peaked at 54 on the Billboard chart, which is shockingly low given the beat+Drake verse. I'm telling you guys, he just isn't cutting it.

overcast

True, but he needs to increase his catalog with those dope singles. Ones like he was making in between XXX and Old. Some of my favorite songs of those years came out then. Blueberries, Black Brad Pitt, Wit It, etc.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He absolutely does not lol

But yeah, with no influential works or landmark albums he's put out, I see the buzz dying down considerably. He won't go away completely, but the media will stop giving him as much attention.

overcast

But yeah, with no influential works or landmark albums he's put out, I see the buzz dying down considerably. He won't go away completely, but the media will stop giving him as much attention.
Well, his image is strong for sure. He should still release music for sure, but he has a pretty damn solid following. I don't think Danny is going anywhere. He's definitely not getting bigger, but he won't vanish. XXX and Old were as landmark as somebody like Danny will make. Don't see what you expect there.

Esch

Banned
the fact that YG is even relevant at all is a W. nobody was checking for him this time last year. he wouldn't have sold 30k records.

Exactly, saying otherwise is dumb as hell. He's punching above his weight really heavy right now, like Schoolboy Q. The fact that we're even talking about him right now instead of listing him at #40 on mixtape lists next to some shit by Iamsu is a huge huge W for him.

Naw, Danny likes being in that semi-relevant critical love BNM space. Not irrelevant. He could probably enjoy being more successful for sure. He likes attention just fine.

Cudder

so my new show that I started recently is Friday Night Lights, if you liked the film I can't imagine you not liking the show. fucking good so far.

Only reason people know YG is because he struck gold with 'My Nigga'

I knew that song for months and didn't eem know who sang the song until I searched it up

DominoKid

so my new show that I started recently is Friday Night Lights, if you liked the film I can't imagine you not liking the show. fucking good so far.

never actually seen the film. the finale of the show is easily my favorite show finale. absolute perfection. i still watch the ending segment regularly.

PlayDat

He's said he likes being underground in almost every interview, dude.

Look at 14:25-16:30 in his Breakfast Club interview.

Or in this interview with noz, his response to a question about marketability.

Yeah it gets to the point where even in their indie [world] they turn commercial. They forget how that shit happened. It [should be] about them putting out the dope shit that they want to put out. So what if one album did better than the other? Y’all want every album to do good now. I know every record company want to make money at the end of the day but I’m just saying if [I ran a label] I could just break even at the end of the year and everybody tight and we’d put out good music. I would love for Def Jux to be around and [I'd be] on Def Jux, but maybe it’s better that it’s not that way.

Being more popular means would also mean having a more homogenized look to appeal to the mainstream. He'd lose a lot of his appeal to me if he weren't so original to begin with.

It is possible from the two responses I've linked that I'm conflating getting rich with fame though.

overcast

I've never seen the movie or show. I started Rick and Morty recently, funny show. Only on episode 2.

I've been too busy for entertainment aside from movies lately. Summer school and work has me running around.

HiResDes

Danny Brown seems like the coolest most down to earth guy in interviews but his reactions towards the thought of being forgotten or neglected by the media suggests a guy who perpetually wants more and expects to garner more notoriety.

Esch

Banned
Point blank, if you make twitter shitposts about how about your drug addictions and how you're gonna kill yourself you're seeking attention one way or another

lets also not forget his reaction to certain critical responses during Old's release. I'm sure Fantano cut deep.

Tokubetsu

Can anyone confirm? Suicideyear was asking the other day what happened to Ty Beats and a couple ppl replied said his gf died in a car accident/he was struggling and A$AP crew never helped him so they started beefing? Thats why we haven't heard anything from him...

Cerity

Just on YG, one of the music stations at my gym censored My Niggas' song title to My Hitta. I lose my shit everytime I see it given how much he says it during the song.

Same station was giving oxymoron a fair spin, couldn't hear him in most of the songs they played because of the censoring.

Can anyone confirm? Suicideyear was asking the other day what happened to Ty Beats and a couple ppl replied said his gf died in a car accident/he was struggling and A$AP crew never helped him so they started beefing? Thats why we haven't heard anything from him...

Haven't heard this before, wut.

Dude has great beats, I'd love to see non-trap and swag rappers fuck with him. Nas said he loved the Suddenly beat...

Loaded up this DESTINY on 360

If y'all ninjas playing tn, send me a FR or message to Count Blackule
DA GAWWWWWWWDDDD

S/O to Enzo for making this all happen.

Yeah, Ty Beats even dissed them saying they are fake and such, never got his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom