• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
*junior

And nah, it wouldn't tbh unless it's truly unsalvageable terrible like Nastradamus/Kingdom Come/Oxymoron/These Days... I haven't even been cheerleading Kenneth like that.

You should keep an eye out for CountBlackule though. If TDE gets a hat trick of shitty a squad releases he'll commit that.

Edit:
YG-Bickin Back Bein Bool (video)

Kingdom Come isn't a terrible album breh...not by a long shot. It's a 3/5 type album at best, maybe 2.5/5. BP3 and MCHG are on another level of trash compared to it.

Esch

Banned
Kingdom Come isn't a terrible album breh...not by a long shot. It's a 3/5 type album at best, maybe 2.5/5. BP3 and MCHG are on another level of trash compared to it.

Nope, it's worse to me because it's closer to his prime, starts off dope and then has the ~worst~ drop off in quality of any single piece of music from a quality artist i've ever heard. It's like eating a good steak for a couple bites, then the rest of it is frozen. I can forgive BP3 and MCHG being lemons, but the gawd coming back from the features to the court? Nah.

Nope, it's worse to me because it's closer to his prime, starts off dope and then has the ~worst~ drop off in quality of any single piece of music from a quality artist i've ever heard. It's like eating a good steak for a couple bites, then the rest of it is frozen. I can forgive BP3 and MCHG being lemons, but the gawd coming back from the features to the court? Nah.

Guess you've never heard a bad Prince or Zeppelin album. Even Stevie Wonder has some turds.

I'll have to revisit it but looking at the track list...second half has Trouble, Dig A Hole, Minority Report, and Beach Chair. I like all those tracks (to varying degrees) and I'll confess I like Hollywood lmao. The hook is great. All those tracks have some type of concept or social relevance iirc. Minority Report is the Katrina song right?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mike Dean still butthurt over KTT on Twitter/Instagram.

C'mon fam. BP3 to MCHG is much worse than Black Album to Kingdom Come. Kingdom Come has quite a few solid joints on it. I wouldn't call it bad or terrible. Never really understood the passionate hate it gets aside from it following up the best album Jay's ever made.

Tokubetsu

Mike Dean still butthurt over KTT on Twitter/Instagram.

C'mon fam. BP3 to MCHG is much worse than Black Album to Kingdom Come. Kingdom Come has quite a few solid joints on it. I wouldn't call it bad or terrible. Never really understood the passionate hate it gets aside from it following up the best album Jay's ever made.

Where do you draw the line Enzo? Next you're gonna tell me Nastradamus isn't "that bad" either.

Esch

Banned
I'll have to revisit it but looking at the track list...second half has Trouble, Dig A Hole, Minority Report, and Beach Chair. I like all those tracks (to varying degrees) and I'll confess I like Hollywood lmao. The hook is great. All those tracks have some type of concept or social relevance iirc. Minority Report is the Katrina song right?

My problem is it's a long, solid block of trash. The bookends are in the good-aite range, but the middle, the meat, the body paragraphs are absolute :scusthov: status and it's just nah.

Nah, going from a classic of classics to an absolute dud closer to your prime is way worse than going from mediocre to bad when you're skating by. If Roy Jones Jr gets knocked out tomorrow even his boys will be like
gTQT7g9.png
but the first time(s) he got his wings clipped the fanbase were like
jbd6Y1Ij1koCqD.png

A better example of solid and wack shit mixed together is I Am. It starts out great, I don't see how anyone can hate on:

2. NY State of Mind
4. Small World
5. Favor For a Favor
6. We Will Survive
7. Ghetto Prisoners

(Track 3, Hate Me Now, is cool to me but I know some people dislike it. It was a big song obviously but the excess of it is kind of nauseating).

That Aaliyah track isn't horrible at 8, but I would still argue the album descent begins there. Recovers with the DMX track before going into arguably Nas' worse song of all time: Big Things. Then you get Nas Is Like...shit is just jarring. And after two more excessive bad to average pop rap tracks you get one of the best storytelling tracks ever: Undying Love.

but what did they do new? Just loud, suspect Harlem negros - nothing new about that. Rapping over sped up soul samples that RZA was doing in the mid 90s.

You're right atm New York lost all creativity and are now bandwagoning the South, but the other nigga claimed NY was done at 99' when that shit is false. NY was doing extremely well going into 07/08'. However, the West Coast died along with Death Row Records (commercially).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Have a feeling that Ye snippet is fake. But it makes a bit more sense that it's real and that's why Mike Dean got all butthurt again today.

I don't want an ignant Kanye album. I don't know what I want really, but all signs point to something more familiar than experimental or even a new sound.

Have a feeling that Ye snippet is fake. But it makes a bit more sense that it's real and that's why Mike Dean got all butthurt again today.

I don't want an ignant Kanye album. I don't know what I want really, but all signs point to something more familiar than experimental or even a new sound.

"Bound to give us what we need may not beee want we wanttt.."

overcast

Didn't hear the snippet. I'm hoping Kanye continues down his path of pushing the envelope of what's expected from him. Don't really want a generic ignant album; I guess unless it's realllyyy well done.

Don't even know what I want from Kendrick.

Also, coast shit has been expired for a long time. Nobody really cares right? Although, modern NY sucks for sure.

Im getting into old school and/or undergroud hip/hop and i need some suggestions. If i had to choose between lyrics and the beat itd be 60/40 in favor of lyrics.

Im also hearing good things about some dude named cannibus. Where should i start with him?

I dont like illmatic(i dont like the production values/beats) and i dont like enter the 36 chambers.

Im getting into old school and/or undergroud hip/hop and i need some suggestions. If i had to choose between lyrics and the beat itd be 60/40 in favor of lyrics.

Im also hearing good things about some dude named cannibus. Where should i start with him?

I dont like illmatic(i dont like the production values/beats) and i dont like enter the 36 chambers.

best post in the last few weeks. no sarcasm. What kind of old school or underground hip-hip do you like?

Cudder

check out riff raff, lil b, yelawolf, TI, and birdman. i can confirm they have a 60/40 ratio in terms of lyrics for pretty much every song. sometimes the ratio switches a bit and goes to 55/45, so not what you want but still pretty good.

Mustard all sounds the same but he somehow managed to make his hey hey hey hey hey beats catchy as hell

Yg album is the best stuff he worked on tho

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
it's weird how I hate DJ Mustard but I love this album. It's just DJ Mustard sticking to what he does best and doing it amazing. and its really cohesive but thats probably just because mustard is god's son
Agreed.

8ISIdcZ.png

Mega the god giving a rare shout out to Basquiat. Dunno if yall have heard of him, you should look up his art. Queens keeping us informed about our culture, yall.
dead @ this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom