• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Ugh, mmlp is reverse recycle bin classic. Still don't know why people got so gassed up by it. I saw it aging like a banana skin the day it came out.

i want to hate on the album because eminem is shite now but..nahh. it's a great project still.

stan's a verb now.

bitch please 2 and stan will never age.

edit: and i like the way i am. it's whiny but abrasive.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i want to hate on the album because eminem is shite now but..nahh. it's a great project still.

stan's a verb now.

bitch please 2 and stan will never age.
Don't know about great, maybe I'd say it's solid, but I agree with the latter.

I don't know what it is with Em. I mean, I've always considered him to be great, and he always caught my attention every time he came back around, but by the time I reach the age where I could appreciate the complexity of his lyrics, his usual content never really clicked with me and I was listening to Luda instead. *shrug*

The Common album is kinda meh to me.

Listening to 'Hustle Harder', the start of the song started and I was like:

17a4f00563878dc9a28b5fe782bb513e.500x255x22.gif

then that chorus starts on some: "she hustle harder than a nigga (uh huuhhh) she hustles harder than a nigga"

kanyedisbelief.gif

favourite song is probably Rewind That.

Esch

Banned
Oh for sure. I still think KM's peak "edge" wise is Pledge 2. Tracks like "Pressure", "God in The Building" and the Intro are the Killer Mike thesis statement to me.

The Pledge II intro is so motivational man. Like if you can listen to this, not want to just do better in every area of your life you're dead:
http://youtu.be/9-CsHwwVOjY
I agree with this post, and I would like it or rep it if we were on a forum with better features.

Pl3dge wasn't as good. It's nice that he was able to branch out sonically. Most dudes in his lane never do.

IrishNinja

yeah, halfway through com's shit and mostly digging it, the usual stuff like some questionable choruses & me skipping most of Blak Majik and the talkin at the end of Nobody is Smiling etc (speaking of, isnt having his dad or whoever speak at some point kinda a tradition for him?)

MoodyFog

Hey bruhs

My account finally got activated so, being a huge hip-hop fan I thought I'd introduce myself before posting more in this thread.

So for the Introduction thing from the OP :

Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep - East Coast (although I would have said west when I was younger)
• Favorite Artist - MF Doom for the US, Booba for France
• Best feature killer - Eminem before, Kendrick now
• Favourite producer - Primo for US, Therapy for France
• Favourite album - Illmatic for US, Mauvais Oeil for France
• What's in your playlist right now? - Lil Herb, Gucci Mane, Freddie Gibbs, Kaaris.. Basically most recent violent US/French rap artists

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Rank Kanye's albums: MBDTF > CD = LR > Graduation > Yeezus > 808s
• Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Raekwon
• Jay Z or Nas? Nas is a better rapper, Jay Z has a better life
• Biggie or Pac? Biggie
• What’s your dream album/project? A Primo / Doom collab'
• Who is the next big rapper/producer? Young Thug
• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee? Underrated Gibbs, Overrated Tyler
• Have you been known to eat ass? Ask MTO

What's to know other than that: I'm 22, my first rap album was The Eminem Show, which then led me to listening to more and more American rap, and discovering the classics. I'm proud to be able to comprehend most of the lyrics on my own now (and when I don't well there's always rap genius ;) ).
Other than American rap I mainly listen to : Jazz, Blues, Soul, Funk, Electro, Prog Rock and French Rap because, well I'm french (hence the French answers above, and I'll gladly give links to some French rap if you want, we have some dope shit coming out now and then these last years!).

Well I think that's it for now!

HiResDes

Glad I got some stuff to listen to, it's weird not having a big backlog. Still need to peep the Common, Shabazz, and Sir Michael drops next week.

Hey bruhs

My account finally got activated so, being a huge hip-hop fan I thought I'd introduce myself before posting more in this thread.

So for the Introduction thing from the OP :

Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep - East Coast (although I would have said west when I was younger)
• Favorite Artist - MF Doom for the US, Booba for France
• Best feature killer - Eminem before, Kendrick now
• Favourite producer - Primo for US, Therapy for France
• Favourite album - Illmatic for US, Mauvais Oeil for France
• What's in your playlist right now? - Lil Herb, Gucci Mane, Freddie Gibbs, Kaaris.. Basically most recent violent US/French rap artists

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Rank Kanye's albums: MBDTF > CD = LR > Graduation > Yeezus > 808s
• Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Raekwon
• Jay Z or Nas? Nas is a better rapper, Jay Z has a better life
• Biggie or Pac? Biggie
• What’s your dream album/project? A Primo / Doom collab'
• Who is the next big rapper/producer? Young Thug
• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee? Underrated Gibbs, Overrated Tyler
• Have you been known to eat ass? Ask MTO

What's to know other than that: I'm 22, my first rap album was The Eminem Show, which then led me to listening to more and more American rap, and discovering the classics. I'm proud to be able to comprehend most of the lyrics on my own now (and when I don't well there's always rap genius ;) ).
Other than American rap I mainly listen to : Jazz, Blues, Soul, Funk, Electro, Prog Rock and French Rap because, well I'm french (hence the French answers above, and I'll gladly give links to some French rap if you want, we have some dope shit coming out now and then these last years!).

Well I think that's it for now!
Welcome breh.

Esch

Banned
Codhand, I was so scusted in your hot dog thread. Dude's talking about putting mayo on hot dogs. Is nothing sacred, europeans? Mayo on everything?

I'mma eat one today though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom