• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

xGySkgo.jpg

She's relevant to me.
whew.png

Esch

Banned
Tofu is great.

Edit: Pickles, I agree with everything you said. GOAT new poster.

Edit2: I'm happy overall that white people in America want spicy and fermented foods more often now. Bless the food gods.

Esch

Banned
everytime I've had it, it tasted gross plus i really dislike the texture of it

I also used to dislike it. I don't think it works well as a meat substitute in western dishes, but in asian ones it shines. I like that it adds some weight and protein to a dish while letting veggies shine. Tofu comes in many different firmnesses, and the firmer the better, IMO.

You should go to a vietnamese restaurant and order this, crispy lemongrass tofu.

And if you like that, or if you don't like Lemongrass or whatever, you should go to a real chinese place, and cop some mapo tofu with pork;

Gaslamp Killer plays unreleased Dilla beats from time to time and he said the Dilla estate is sitting on hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of them and barely anyone has access to them. They're just going to sit on disparate HDDs for a long time. Met a guy last week that has a few as well. Apparently there are tons of Roots covers of Dilla songs that nobody has access to as well

tbh I think Dilla worship goes a bit far but I really want to hear all of those.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I prefer veggie pizza over pizza with meat. I don't know why. I'm pretty much the furthest thing from a vegetarian too.

Tokubetsu

I really like bacon and pepperoni pizzas but otherwise a solid cheese or veggie pizza is go to. Only if its one of them legit places that are cash only though. Not about to eat a veggie pizza from dominos.

HiResDes

Chicago changed my outlook on sausage, and I usually don't even like a whole bunch of pork. Shit is incredible. Chicago deep dish without sausage is like a blt without bacon.

HiResDes

Nitty Scott gotta dude feeling some type of way. I've never had any chocolate or spice in my life if you know what I'm saying. Feeling extra thirsty

big ander

Two of the best flat pizzas I've had in life were a margherita and this one pizza with grilled peaches, prosciutto, and goat cheese. for a regular just like delivery pizza it's normally 2 veggies and a meat. edit: oh and pro-pineapple.

deep dish is GOAT. [braces for the usual dumb deep dish hate]

my buddy used to eat cheese pizza most days of the week for lunch, cept he would scrape off most of the cheese and sauce because there was "too much."

Kwixotik

Usually I just go with a basic-ass pizza, but sometimes I'll switch it up and go white sauce + chicken + spinach + feta + kalamata olives.

I never really order Hawaiian pizza but I'm cool with it if it's offered to me.

Esch

Banned
Pineapple has too much water and makes pizza soggy. If it was dried (and unsweetened of course) I'd be fine with it.

Deep dish is great. It's not goat (sorry, NY has it on lock- haven't been to italy) though.

My go to is sausage, mushroom, and onion.

I'm torn on Dilla love. On one hand there are those who are bandwagon types who think Donuts is his first album and enjoy him in an almost cultural/musical tourist, Pitchfork way. Then there are the obsessives who love the man, love his music, are inspired by his story, and think he is the GOAT.

I definitely think Dilla is a GOAT candidate - I don't think anyone can name a producer with better drums or chopping than him; he's on another level. If I was a producer I'd probably be more obsessively into him; I love his work, think he's really dope, but I never joined the Dilla cult. There are musical artists I love but I'm not the worshiping type.

IMO the biggest irony is that some of the biggest projects Dilla did were hated on or disliked initially. Beats, Rhymes, and Life is a dope album with crazy production but a lot of people were disappointed with it. Same with Labcabincalifornia, which wasn't as successful or as praised as Bizarre Ride. Now everyone is on Dilla's dick.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's crazy what dying does to a musician's career.
Dilla is probably the most extreme example.

I didn't even know who he was until he died and the shaming for not knowing his illustrious history began. Kind of turned me off to even giving anything he's done a shot if I'm honest.

big ander

I really enjoy the JD projects I've heard, Donuts really is great, welcome 2 detroit is great, instrumental series is fun. But I enjoy work from some people who name Dilla as a primary influence more than I enjoy Dilla's actual work. FlyLo being the main example of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom