• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
Project_Pat_Mista_Dont_Play.jpg

Listened to this last night for the first time. Damn that shit's good!

Mista Don't Play was that shit. I used to bump that and laying da smackdown a while back.

Esch

Banned
If you grill/dry/char fruit and put it on pizza, I ain't mad. Fresh? Out of a can with syrup still on it? Eat a dick, with that soggy shit.

RP912

Banned
The concept alone sounds like some elementary school lunch "lemme experience with food combinations because I'm bored as fuck" shit.

PlayDat

Sophomore album discussion earlier prompted me to check out It Takes a Nation of Millions for the first time last night. Quick thoughts:

• I prefer the Anthrax version of Bring the Noise. Was this considered corny back in the day?
  • Flavor Flav is a shit tier rapper but he has good energy
  • This album is very good

thabiz

Sophomore album discussion earlier prompted me to check out It Takes a Nation of Millions for the first time last night. Quick thoughts:

• I prefer the Anthrax version of Bring the Noise. Was this considered corny back in the day?
  • Flavor Flav is a shit tier rapper but he has good energy
  • This album is very good

corny as hell, but was very influential.

Esch

Banned
The concept alone sounds like some elementary school lunch "lemme experience with food combinations because I'm bored as fuck" shit.
I used to feel this way, then I had a pizza with feta, grilled apples, bacon and chicken on it.

Game over.

Anthrax bring the noise is super corny.

Edit: Anthrax was always never that dope though. I could always understand why Megadeth, Metallica and Slayer were considered the generals of the thrash movement but Anthrax?

9v4zte8lg953pcd8rf77t54vm.300x225x25.gif

RP912

Banned
Public enemy albums never done it for me. 60 minutes of hearing Chuck D rant and rave aka rapping becomes overkill. It's something about his voice that just drains the hell out of your ears.

PE's singles>>>>albums

thabiz

Edit: Anthrax was always never that dope though. I could always understand why Megadeth, Metallica and Slayer were considered the generals of the thrash movement but Anthrax?

what? Spreading the Disease and Persistence of Time are legendary.

Fig is also a strong pizza topping if paired right. Your lighter, subtler fruits are a great way to bring out flavor w/ pizzas. Needs to be dried and regain moisture through the pizza itself (or applied dried after cooking although the flavor won't seep) as Esch mentioned tho.

Best pizza you've ever had? I put Pizzeria Mozza at the top of my list (prosciutto, rucola, tomato & mozzarella).

Pizzeria Bianco (mozzarella, salami, gaeta olives) is a firm second. Going back out to Phoenix soon and am going to see if it can move up to first.

Esch

Banned
what? Spreading the Disease and Persistence of Time are legendary.
I guess I never cared for them because they're heavier on the nwobhm spectra like exodus, testament and even metallica to an extent. I liked my thrash punkier like Nuclear Assault or SOD, or closer to the death and black metal spectrum like
sepultura , slayer, morbid saint, kreator etc. I never cared for nwobhm much to be honest. I guess I like some sparse priest and motor head and maiden. But that's it.

Drake stay petty

"There's only 2 kings in this shit right now, and they standing on this stage" - Drake @ Cole's concert in LA last night.
When he was on stage with Cole at his show.. Kendrick was at the show as well lol.

Apparently he might not of showed up yet.. Drake ain't ready for that Control Pt. 2

I'm torn on Dilla love. On one hand there are those who are bandwagon types who think Donuts is his first album and enjoy him in an almost cultural/musical tourist, Pitchfork way. Then there are the obsessives who love the man, love his music, are inspired by his story, and think he is the GOAT.

So because I got into Dilla because of Donuts I'm a bandwagon jumper? Really? Had nothing to do with his death (actually heard his music on Adult Swim when they had those bumps. Also how I got into DOOM) and got his old stuff afterwards

thabiz

So because I got into Dilla because of Donuts I'm a bandwagon jumper? Really? Had nothing to do with his death (actually heard his music on Adult Swim when they had those bumps. Also how I got into DOOM) and got his old stuff afterwards

if you got into dilla just because of his death, then yes, you are a bandwagon jumper.

RP912

Banned
First time I heard dilla was on the she said remix. It's like this....Donuts made me understand the reason to why dilla is one of the best to ever touch the mpc.

Nah I'm talking about people who only know Dilla through Donuts, think it's his first album, and know nothing else about his shit. Obviously you have done your homework and are a fan, I'm not talking about people in your boat. Just the folks who wear "Dilla Saved My Life" shirts yet can't name 3 beats of his.

Esch

Banned
Fantastic vol 2 was one of the first rap LPs I ever heard, I think. I got a lot of my first rap from a very RYM-y type crowd in the beginning.

RP912

Banned
All this dilla talk reminds me of the Charles Hamilton fuckery when he basically had a "seance" to have dilla help him out with his album or some shit.

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of dude but wtf 0_o

Needed an east coast representative, which left Exodus and Testament on the outside looking in; I'm sure there's some label politics as well that I don't know about. Confession time: Sound of White Noise was my favorite Anthrax album.

Real talk though, I always compare Maiden to Outkast. Super accessible, super catchy styles with a string of classics and insane consistency compared to their contemporaries. Overall, they are definitely the exception to the rule in NWOBHM. That shit dips way too much into power metal territory for me.

Esch

Banned
Needed an east coast representative, which left Exodus and Testament on the outside looking in; I'm sure there's some label politics as well that I don't know about. Confession time: Sound of White Noise was my favorite Anthrax album.
Good point, either way I didn't care much for that style in general.

Real talk though, I always compare Maiden to Outkast. Super accessible, super catchy styles with a string of classics and insane consistency compared to their contemporaries. Overall, they are definitely the exception to the rule in NWOBHM. That shit dips way too much into power metal territory for me.
Judas Priest is pretty consistent in comparison, breh. I think you're selling them short. But overall, from that movement i only really like Motorhead (as limited as they were, Metallica wouldn't exist without them) and Venom (\m/)

Esch

Banned
I like megadeth more than Metallica, even though they were very hit and miss

I don't really think they were hit or miss. Four dope albums in a row and then a gradual fall off until they reached a horrible nadir (Risk) and became crap. That's about as much as you can expect from a metal band in terms of longevity. In terms of straight numbers they probably have the most enjoyable material overall of the big four other than Slayer the gawds.

big ander

you guys get up on the new Danny Brown x Rusty track from yesterday?

https://soundcloud.com/rustie/attak-feat-danny-brown
this is from today actually. (may say 1 day on the soundcloud but that's surely bc it was privately uploaded so they could make it public right after it premiered on BBC radio a couple hours ago.) bookmarking for later.
I believe that entire album leaked as well yesterday.
are you thinking of the smoking drinking remix EP? Because this is a track from Rustie's album coming up and that did not leak yesterday

First hip hop album I heard: Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

used to listen to it alongside Nas and Biggie while playing SFII at my grandma's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom