• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

brehs, finally tried destiny

how can they get this many things right wtf

it's like they took all the strengths of a randomized loot system and eliminated nearly all of the negatives, wow

I got to the level cap and pretty much stopped playing. There isn't much variety in the beta. If the full game has that problem I'll be pretty disappointed.

Cheddahz

Banned
i know it's a month or two away, but does anyone here play fantasy football? i already play in one league with a few friends and i was looking to play in another one as well this year

big ander

blog I like was talking up some ATL rapper named Raury and a search said he just got this song in Besson's Lucy:
god's whisper
It's pretty terrible, making me think of a super shitty cuddy going over a lumineers song. of the other two songs sunshine has a bad chorus and mediocre beat but his verse is ok on a "look at me I'm seriously very a rapper" kick and cigarette song's giving me ricky martin vibes? Anyway this is all bad but I'm posting because I could also see it becoming popular

woah this is an awesome video.

brehs, finally tried destiny

how can they get this many things right wtf

it's like they took all the strengths of a randomized loot system and eliminated nearly all of the negatives, wow

I got to the level cap and pretty much stopped playing. There isn't much variety in the beta. If the full game has that problem I'll be pretty disappointed.
Enzos post was me first playing it.

Cudders post is me after playing it.

Bullet sponge bosses do nothing for me, not feeling the multiplayer either. I'll pick it up on sale because the Co op is a blast

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzos post was me first playing it.

Cudders post is me after playing it.

Bullet sponge bosses do nothing for me, not feeling the multiplayer either. I'll pick it up on sale because the Co op is a blast
Don't have a problem with bullet sponges really, unless they're not scaled to co-op or something (I mostly played solo, never got into an instance with others). I think the AI is pretty damn good. It's Bungie AI, which is pretty much best in the biz for FPS. I've yet to come across a boss that was anywhere near as bad as say a General RAAM or I couldn't dispatch in under a minute, doesn't really qualify as a bullet sponge for me.

My main complaint is that every mission seems to have the same structure. End with defending waves + high HP enemy, etc. Enemy respawns are finnicky as well, and I don't know why they keep spawning you in the same place every time you hit the planet surface (this creates a part of that repetitive feeling). Objectives are nicely varied though, I can't really think of many other objective types that could fit the context of the game without being repetitive in themselves (i.e. transporting crates or something).

I just find it remarkable how they managed to translate what is effectively Halo's weapon system (standard, special, power weapons) into Multiplayer via ammo and still allow variability via the loot system. But it doesn't feel like Halo or CoD, because it's primarily resource-based, as you have to manage super and grenade cooldowns on top of everything else that's in Halo (ammo/weap/vehicle spawns). I was really afraid going in, but they put method to the madness.

EDIT: Loot needs to be more visible and clear as well like Borderlands. Borderlands solved this problem in BL2, not sure why they didn't learn.

HiResDes

Niko Is is an Orlando-based Brazilian-Argentinian emcee who is currently affiliated with Talib Kweli, although their styles couldn't be further apart. His music features Brazilian sample heavy fast-paced beats and a rap style that is a conundrum of boastful self exultance with little tidbits of social poignance and glimpses of his personal life spread throughout.

Every single track on this album showcases the emcee spitting his lungs out. The words,"Damn he spitting!" popped into my head all throughout the project. He kind of sounds like a lot of people, but ultimately any one comparison just comes up short for accurately pinpointing his style. His flow is somewhat reminiscent of Chance the Rapper, but his slight rasp and subject matter makes him sound so much more grimey, though he does have a similar cadence.

I think the coolest thing about this dude is that he really isn't trying to be like anyone else, his influences are a melting pot, it's hard to discern just one at any given time. I heard some off-kilter rhyme schemes during a section of one of his tracks that reminded me of ODB, but even still there was only a slight resemblance. Anyway enough words ya'll need to check this out for yourselves.

Light 8

I've been on a Drake binge all day now. His music has a really good vibe to it that I don't think any of the artists that imitate him have successfully replicated.

It's a shame that Nothing Was the Same was kinda disappointing compared to Take Care.

Enzo I was talking have about the strike mission. I won't detail it buy when you play it youll understand my bullet sponge comment.

Ace needs to come bless us with a couple ignant mixes. Whatever happened with his mixtape?

illadelph

I've been on a Drake binge all day now. His music has a really good vibe to it that I don't think any of the artists that imitate him have successfully replicated.

It's a shame that Nothing Was the Same was kinda disappointing compared to Take Care.

I actually think Nothing Was The Same is the best thing he's put out...Take Care was good though

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I go back and forth between liking Take Care vs. So Far Gone as his best.

So Far Gone just has those jams whereas Take Care just flows and has the more interesting production.

Esch

Banned
Was randomly playing Original Sin today and I was faffing about randomly in a healer's house. Faced with the choice of saving one of two injured men with a special stone from the north of the country, I picked the younger one. The stone exploded, sent my party to the outskirts of time and space where I met several physical manifestations of processes of the universe and a nexus hub with awesome, individually themed dungeons based on the elements. I had no idea any of this shit was going to happen when I walked into that house.

GOTY 2014.

Damn listening to Take Care reminds me of the massive shitstorm on KTT when it first came out about whether or not it was better than MBDTF.

big ander

This Alex G DSU album is perfect Saturday music.
i've reached a point where I have to actively resist listening to alex g cause I feel like I've played him way too much lately. normally I'll get tired of an artist when I'm playing them this frequently and take a long break, but that's not happening here
good blood

Niko Is is an Orlando-based Brazilian-Argentinian emcee who is currently affiliated with Talib Kweli, although their styles couldn't be further apart. His music features Brazilian sample heavy fast-paced beats and a rap style that is a conundrum of boastful self exultance with little tidbits of social poignance and glimpses of his personal life spread throughout.

Every single track on this album showcases the emcee spitting his lungs out. The words,"Damn he spitting!" popped into my head all throughout the project. He kind of sounds like a lot of people, but ultimately any one comparison just comes up short for accurately pinpointing his style. His flow is somewhat reminiscent of Chance the Rapper, but his slight rasp and subject matter makes him sound so much more grimey, though he does have a similar cadence.

I think the coolest thing about this dude is that he really isn't trying to be like anyone else, his influences are a melting pot, it's hard to discern just one at any given time. I heard some off-kilter rhyme schemes during a section of one of his tracks that reminded me of ODB, but even still there was only a slight resemblance. Anyway enough words ya'll need to check this out for yourselves.

Light 8
ooh, definitely grabbing. Only South American music I've even slightly peeked is from Colombia but the bands from there that I've listened to (las malas amistades, ondatropica) are fantastic.

Light 8
Fuck this Drake talk, even though I like NWTS, this sit is gewwd

Halo 2

Banned
Take Care has gotten the most play of Drake's albums from me.
I like his other stuff but Take Care flows so nice.

I started listening to this Good Blood shit and I dig it. Spot on with the Chance comparison.

illadelph

Common_-_electric_circus.jpg

Finally decided to give this a listen after hearing people shit on it my whole life, and I thought it was pretty awesome. It's like if Hendrix or the Doors made a hip-hop album, and Common is on point lyrically

HiResDes

If anybody is wondering I have already recycle binned a few albums from my huge list:

GQ - Rated Oakland, incredible sub shattering production, but it featured a sloth as a rapper who talks a lot about swag but has no charisma (Light 5)

Mike Stud - Closer, I saw someone on KTT hyping this album, and now I think he was trolling me. Shit sounds like bro-step rap. (Light 3)

Lil Durk - Signed to the Streets 2, People usually mention Durk as one of the few members of the drill scene that can actually rap, if you hear someone say that never listen to that person again. He even brings in autotone to transform his shit voice into a robotic sounding shit voice. (Strong 4)

Chris Rivers
- Wonderlands of Misery 2, he sound exactly like a weird mix of Vinnie Paz and Big Pun (his father), and though it sounds good on paper it doesn't sound good on stereo. He also doesn't have a knack for making hooks nor coming up with any quotables.(Light 6)

Lil Durk - Signed to the Streets 2, People usually mention Durk as one of the few members of the drill scene that can actually rap, if you hear someone say never listen to that person again. He even brings in autotone to transform his shit voice into a robotic sounding shit voice. (Strong 4)

I've said that and I actually said He really can rap whenever he actually decides to do that which is rare. I stand by it too

Esch

Banned
Finally decided to give this a listen after hearing people shit on it my whole life, and I thought it was pretty awesome. It's like if Hendrix or the Doors made a hip-hop album, and Common is on point lyrically

I've heard worse. At least he was trying something different!

Dereck

Light 8
GUMBO

tG12ERv.gif

Detox

Was randomly playing Original Sin today and I was faffing about randomly in a healer's house. Faced with the choice of saving one of two injured men with a special stone from the north of the country, I picked the younger one. The stone exploded, sent my party to the outskirts of time and space where I met several physical manifestations of processes of the universe and a nexus hub with awesome, individually themed dungeons based on the elements. I had no idea any of this shit was going to happen when I walked into that house.

GOTY 2014.

Reading stories like this in regards wrpgs always excites me and then when I play them I get bored really quickly. Though I think divinity and it's coop mode may keep me engaged longer.

Esch

Banned
Reading stories like this in regards wrpgs always excites me and then when I play them I get bored really quickly. Though I think divinity and it's coop mode may keep me engaged longer.
Actually, I think based on your previous comments about games in general I think you'd like it. Presentation and story are decent but they take a big big backseat to exploration, environment-dependent combat and quest solving. Pretty much goes all in on those and benefits from it. No hand holding. You have to pay attention quite a bit to progress. It's pretty awesome if you have the right mix of characters.

Actually, I think based on your previous comments about games in general I think you'd like it. Presentation and story are decent but they take a big big backseat to exploration, environment-dependent combat and quest solving. Pretty much goes all in on those and benefits from it. No hand holding. You have to pay attention quite a bit to progress. It's pretty awesome if you have the right mix of characters.

I'm really intrigued by the idea of a huge city/quest hub. I'm mainly an ARPG guy (Path of Exile, Diablo, etc) and one of my biggest gripes about the genre is the lack of a big ass city where you can chill, get quests, buy stuff, etc. Instead they tend to have little towns or camps where you get a quest from the blacksmith or the old man or a woman whose husband went missing. I long for cities like in WoW. Or more recently Skyrim, which I started playing last month.

Divinity definitely looks dope to me for this reason, among others. Alas between Skyrim, work, and Path of Exile (which has an expansion coming out next month) I know I won't have time to delve into it.

Common_-_electric_circus.jpg

I bought this at a flea market last year and I have yet to give it a listen. I guess I should get to it lol.

I'm really intrigued by the idea of a huge city/quest hub. I'm mainly an ARPG guy (Path of Exile, Diablo, etc) and one of my biggest gripes about the genre is the lack of a big ass city where you can chill, get quests, buy stuff, etc. Instead they tend to have little towns or camps where you get a quest from the blacksmith or the old man or a woman whose husband went missing. I long for cities like in WoW. Or more recently Skyrim, which I started playing last month.

Divinity definitely looks dope to me for this reason, among others. Alas between Skyrim, work, and Path of Exile (which has an expansion coming out next month) I know I won't have time to delve into it.
This is exactly like Dragon's Dogma, you should check it out breh.

coldvein

Banned
how was it that a$ap rocky got away with having a name so analogous to aesop rock

for those not in the know, analogous means "similar to"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom