• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
how was it that a$ap rocky got away with having a name so analogous to aesop rock

for those not in the know, analogous means "similar to"

a$ap is a crew in NY bruh.
(Crews be acting like they gangs, anyway Be like, "Warriors, come out and playyyyy)

cacophony

"Anyone who says that ASAP Rocky faggot didn't steal Aesop's name is a fucking retard. There is no way in hell that he just so happened to stumble across a name that is so strikingly similar. Also, ASAP Rocky sucks cock, whilst Aesop Rock has had some very dope albums. Peace."

Dereck

"Anyone who says that ASAP Rocky faggot didn't steal Aesop's name is a fucking retard. There is no way in hell that he just so happened to stumble across a name that is so strikingly similar. Also, ASAP Rocky sucks cock, whilst Aesop Rock has had some very dope albums. Peace."
lmfao

I'm sure Rocky has plenty to say about fashion, dating a model, the pressure of [insert thing], and partying. I'm not really interested unless he gets more Clams beats.

thabiz

Of course you post my comment.

Esch

Banned
The feels caught when Ferg beats Rocky on the charts are going to be great. Dude outchea making weed carrier history. If breh had slightly better song concepts it'd be a wrap.

GOAT Weed Carrier

tumblr_mqa4n3kTW51rvfjldo1_400.gif

Esch

Banned
Memphis Bleek is the GOAT weed carrier. Endlessly loyal, recognizes his subordinate position, plus he's a good enough rapper to not actually ruin songs.

Cudder

Y'all not eem gonna comment on Danny's 80th twitter meltdown(?not eem sure anymore)? He even got Royce mad now
I saw it earlier. What a punk bitch, seriously. If I knew he was gonna act like a prissy motherfucker once he "made it" all this time I would've never supported him.

The Source Magazine presents the 10 best hip hop albums of the decade (Thus far)

10. Drake - Take Care
9. YG - My Krazy Life
8. Kanye West & Jay Z - Watch The Throne
7. Danny Brown - XXX
6. Kanye West - Yeezus
5. Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Piñata
4. The Roots - How I Got Over
3. Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty
2. Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid m.A.A.d City
1. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
thesource.com/2014/12/30/the-source-presents-the-10-best-albums-of-the-decade/
(seems like they're updating the post, link doesn't work right now)

Pretty much you'd expect for a mainstream rag. Take Care wouldn't be on my personal list but I understand why it's there, given the impact. However WTT doesn't make any sense. It wasn't a particularly great album, in fact it was just ok to good at best. I think the Yeezus placement is premature as well; it's hard to imagine the black dudes at The Source actually voting for it, so I think that's more of a statement/"we must include this record because it's...important" pick.

My list would probably look like:

1. Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid m.A.A.d City
2. Danny Brown - XXX
3. Roc Marciano - Marcberg
4. Curren$y - Covert Coup
5. Killer Mike - R.A.P. Music

I'd have to think about the rest of the list, but off the top of my head I know it would probably include Grief Pedigree, Russian Roulette, Oneirology, How I Got Over, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, or some other stuff.

WTT was a pretty huge album that spawned huge hits it deserves the spot I still bump it time to time. I gotta re-listen to Pinata again but Yg and that are on that list a bit too prematurely.

Esch

Banned
Watch the Throne is some above average shit but that was a movement man. That album had people crazy excited for rap like I haven't seen in years. And I don't mean no internet hype, this had normal people talking about an album which i rarely see, and honestly hadn't seen in general since Carter III.

1. Curren$y - Pilot Talk
2. Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid, MAAD City
3. Ka - The Night's Gambit
4. Danny Brown - XXX
5. Big KRIT - Wuz Here
6. Curren$y - Covert Coup
7. Killer Mike - RAP Music
8. Freddie Gibbs x Madlib - Cocaine Pinata
9. Roc Marciano - Marcberg
10. A$AP Rocky - LiveLoveA$AP

honorable mentions:

Yeezus, Section 80, Return of 4Eva, Cancer 4 Cure, Rare Chandeliers, Watch the Throne, Take Care, Life is Good

Pilot Talk v Covert Coup...man that's an interesting argument, hell we should spend more time having a Curren$y album cycle than a Kanye album cycle. I still gotta go with Covert Coup due to Alchemist though. It's one of those albums I remember listening to and just shedding tears, track after track.

Esch

Banned
Pilot Talk is a pinnacle of weed rap; sitting up high near the company of Blackout!, The Chronic, etc.

Covert Coup is awesome, but just not quite as good. A lot of brehs will pick it though, because of Alchemist stannery or because they just like dark shit. But Pilot Talk soothes the soul.

EDIT: on other rap sites, i actually see people putting PT2 over 1. This is of course wrong, but I understand why they do it; higher highs.

Esch

Banned
YMBBumA.png

Why you gotta talk to us like we're some white chick at a festival you're trying to fuck. This is GAF Hop breh, mi casa su casa. Share your shit with the homies.

jbkWquQQu4uF8z_e.jpg

HRD on that you can't understand me RYM blogger shit sometimes. Reminds me of me lying to my first girlfriend about the Beherit, Respighi, and Kraftwerk CD's in my back seat telling her that they were my brother's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom