• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

XXX losing steam around bruiser brigade/detroit featuring weedcarrier but monopoly is bringing it back around

first half of Old was better than some of this, though

PlayDat

Bobby Shmurda Breakfast Club

Not that good of an interview really. He's young and doesn't really have that much to say. Too early in his career for any industry stories either. Also barely talks into the mic.

Wouldn't wish failure on anyone, but I don't see much of a future for him. Maybe another 3 months before we never hear from him again. Excellent teeth though.

Bonus Content

PlayDat

Kush got a nigga feelin awesome
ate that bitch pussy till she squirted like a dolphin

One of the best opening lines to a song in recent memory.

IrishNinja

^nah, gave it a spin & not my shit

gotta get back to destiny so here's whatever order

GKMC
TSOL
Life is Good
Russian Roulette
Pilot Talk
R.A.P. music
Watch the Throne
Pinata
Return of 4eva
Night's Gambit

honorable mentions
Rare Chandeliers
Run the Jewels
Section 80
XXX
Covert Coup
Yeezus

bring on the catpoops

IrishNinja

almost not even a matter of opinion. Coined a sound, breathed so much life into the trap genre, had hits. But you're the type of guy to deny something like 400 Degreez being a classic too.

yeah, that might be casue i'm talkin about the top 10 best hip hop albums i heard since 2010, not writing a wiki article about what something did for something

really odd that

Courage

Can't even catpoop any of that. Grasping at straws:

Watch the Throne

3TUjpg1.gif

IrishNinja

haha yeah i wanted to push WTT down for one of my honorable mentions, but even if it was just a collection of singles & some throwaways, i had to be honest cause i bumped it more than some others

it's not a classic, it's not something i think will get a lotta play 5 years from now or influence shit or whatever else you look for from your list, but shit was fun for its bangers

*edit did this motherfucker find a different cat? bwahahaha

Oh y'all making lists?

Covert Coupe
King Yeezus album 1
XXX
King yeezus album 2
Q - schoolboy turned hustla
habits and contradictions
Deniro farrar destiny.altered
Returnof4eva
Gkmc or control system (undecided)
Flockaveli
Take care

IrishNinja

tbh TSOL deserved to be on lists

almost not even a matter of opinion - had a good sound, breathed so much life into the canada rapper genre, had hits. But ya'll the type of dudes to deny something like Same as it Ever Was being a classic too

can't believe I haven't seen it posted in every list

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Shad's last album is a sleeper, it just.. lacks that special something. Some really good song concepts on it though. He's also doing more and more hashtag flow stuff, which just kills me while trying to listen to some of the verses. Less of the unorthodox flow/way he puts words together as well.

Haven't listened to Flockavelli but I've been loving anything from I Can't Rap Vol.1. When Flocka wants to spit, he's not half bad, and significantly more charismatic than his peers.

EDIT: Mumei is the new Watcher!

Tokubetsu

No one talks enough about the kinda effect production wise that Flockaveli/Lex Luger had man. Even the grime resurgance that's been going lately. A lot of current/modern UK Grime right now is basically classic grime melodies but with trap drum patterns. Lex's sound literally blanketed the entire music industry and we're still mostly under it. Can't forget that we wouldn't have the god current Juicy J without him either.

IrishNinja

it's the end of a thread cycle, we get all the catpoop and overrated album talk out of our systems & prepare for the hype of the next OT

where we start the ye cycle again by page 2

Shad's last album is a sleeper, it just.. lacks that special something. Some really good song concepts on it though. He's also doing more and more hashtag flow stuff, which just kills me while trying to listen to some of the verses. Less of the unorthodox flow/way he puts words together as well.

you talkin TSOL or Flying Colours?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No one talks enough about the kinda effect production wise that Flockaveli/Lex Luger had man. Even the grime resurgance that's been going lately. A lot of current/modern UK Grime right now is basically classic grime melodies but with trap drum patterns. Lex's sound literally blanketed the entire music industry and we're still mostly under it.
As far as influential hip-hop figures in the past decade go, Flocka/Luger is right up there with Ye, Drake and Wayne. He just doesn't get his due, I suppose. Not even in the EDM world.

you talkin TSOL or Flying Colours?
Flying Colours

Esch

Banned
list of classics enzo hasn't listened to:

Hell on Earth
The Infamous
HNIC
Power of the Dollar
Flockaveli

what else should I add?

IrishNinja

Flying Colours

yeah i figured as much, your description definitely sounded like that
to be honest, the latest from Shad, Roots, Com etc have all kinda felt somewhat that way for me though - competent & enjoyable, but nothing i'm gonna revisit

TSOL, How I got over, Be still kinda tower over the latest works. i find myself revisiting those and hoping for more like them down the road, just like many Wu projects, admittedly

Hell on Earth
The Infamous
HNIC
Flockaveli

what else should I add?

i been sayin it, Same as it ever was

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
yeah i figured as much, your description definitely sounded like that
to be honest, the latest from Shad, Roots, Com etc have all kinda felt somewhat that way for me though - competent & enjoyable, but nothing i'm gonna revisit

TSOL, How I got over, Be still kinda tower over the latest works. i find myself revisiting those and hoping for more like them down the road, just like many Wu projects, admittedly

i liked undun. but i just dont see my self revisiting it like i do "how i got over"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Hell on Earth
The Infamous
HNIC
Flockaveli

what else should I add?
It might hurt you, but I haven't listened to a single album from G Rap.
I knew it would hurt you

I have a .txt file with 22 others you did not list

Esch

Banned
It might hurt you, but I haven't listened to a single album from G Rap.
I knew it would hurt you

I have a .txt file with 22 others you did not list
nah, i have a feeling that you'd never heard that. Ima list some classic material you haven't bothered to listen to.

anything by az
anything by three six mafia
anything by e-40
anything by spice 1
anything by tha dogg pound
anything by black moon
anything from the DITC
anything by boot camp clik
anything by slum village
anything by UGK
anything by too $hort
anything by LL Cool J
anything by dalek
anything by das efx

Tokubetsu

You know for sure Enzo never heard a single UGK album or 3-6 album in his life. You didn't even have to make the rest of that least. Black Moon? lol no way Enzo heard that shit breh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom