• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2P8lAhx4IM

Childish Flabbinho dissing Drake and Kendrick apparently
j73awGjGl0Tql.png

somebody tell Childish to
whoa.png
. I like him but he doesn't want beef with neither of those dudes, even a throwaway line from either could fuck his rap career up right now.

is there even ONE person on gaf-hop who fucks with gambino's music

I fucks with his shit for the same reason I fucks with drake's shit. You put their sing song singles on when women are around and it makes conversing with them a whole lot easier. Plus he gave ghost a dolo track on royalty with a dope beat.....

Esch

Banned
like it's aiight. would be fine in a playlist if i was chilling. but the dalek song grabbed me right away.

there's plenty of muslim soulja girls. they're pretty horrible. i've seen some at university wearing hypebeast shirts.

No, stop it. You're supposed to listen to goon rap like Jacka and Loon and tell me about Palestine and the impact of Queensbridge rap. Not wear leopard print and recommend me Travis $cott mixtapes.

I still haven't quite figured out the PD/Mumei/balls subplot that's going on in this thread

edit: fuck it, I dig CG. Mostly production-wise though. lol @ that freestyle though. Calm down Troy

Esch

Banned
Loon mention.

In 2014.

wat

Muslim rap fans (both 5% and true) love nothing more than referencing the should have been greatness of B-D+ naughties street rappers. I'd imagine a muslim rap board would be full of downloads to old Beanie Sigel, Freeway and Proof mixtapes, videos of Dipset getting robbed, and banner ads offering free AOL trial CDs.

IrishNinja

^hahaha @ that hat in the air
for real though i could listen to some shit like got ya open remix all day, its just so nice

Wait, Aquemini is hated by gaf hop?

a few don't care for it but sadly after losing ace they lost their will to argue the point

this is why i talk shit but cant unsubscribe from your list, thanks my dude

my experience with industrial is heavy metal influenced, Godflesh and all that but Dalek has a pretty dope discography if you're not afraid of some grit and noise.

you should listen in this order;

Abandoned Language
From Filthy Tongues of Gods and Griots
Negro Necro Nekros
Absence

it's like Death Grips, but not shit. It's the type of conspiracy theory shit lyrically dudes like Ab-Soul wish they could write tbh.

gonna have to revisit dalek now, used to fuck with industrial heavily but that was in the mid 90s or so, can't front like i kept up with the scene sadly

I still haven't quite figured out the PD/Mumei/balls subplot that's going on in this thread

it's clearly got a few layers and im gonna have to catch up on popgaf to fill in the blanks, yeah
ps i see gambino, front like you mad & name names to show off ya midsection work to the crowd, it's not a bad plan

Esch

Banned
okay those tracks esh & return posted were good, which DITC/showbiz/etc albums are the essentials to start with

i just posted all of them wtf m8

Showbiz and AG - Runaway Slave
Showbiz and AG - Goodfellas
Diamond D - Stunts Blunts and Hip Hop
DITC - DITC
Buckwild - Diggin In the Crates
OC - Word...Life
OC - Jewels
Fat Joe - Represent
Lord Finesse - The Awakening
Lord Finesse - Funky Technician

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2P8lAhx4IM

Childish Flabbinho dissing Drake and Kendrick apparently
j73awGjGl0Tql.png
Would hardly call this a diss considering he's that goofy and was just spitting whatever (Kind of hilarious that this would be a serious diss in any other era though) but this got me thinking, Childish Gambino and Danny Brown would be like BFFs. Sort of have similar struggles in this rap game.

Holy shit

This is the greatest post in this entire thread.

Actually laughed out loud.

Cudder

somebody tell Childish to
whoa.png
. I like him but he doesn't want beef with neither of those dudes, even a throwaway line from either could fuck his rap career up right now.

I fucks with his shit for the same reason I fucks with drake's shit. You put their sing song singles on when women are around and it makes conversing with them a whole lot easier. Plus he gave ghost a dolo track on royalty with a dope beat.....

fucking wat

big ander

I fucked with Gambino hard at the end of high school/beginning of college. Listened to Culdesac regularly up until the EP came out, and then the EP up until Camp came out. And thought Camp was about a 3/10, which made me like the previous two less and less and I haven't revisited them since, feel like I'd kick myself for liking him in the first place. and then with each new anything he's seemed more desperate.

haha the hats
The only notable thing gambino has rapped about is banging alison brie. He gets a dap for that.
hah I hadn't realized he confirmed this in a song.

IrishNinja

This next gaf-hop thread is gona be the worse one yet.

only if ya'll go in with that mindset

again, these final pages are typically cleansing, let it all out people
tell everyone how good gambino is for "not taking himself too seriously", stan MBDTF, admit to never listening to NY shit before '03, now's the time

Esch

Banned
This next gaf-hop thread is gona be the worse one yet.
The old gawds have passed across the sea to the Undying Lands. It's just a few of us left now, with our occasional references to U-God gate, ReconYoda going to jail and how underrated The War Report is. This is now the fourth age of Gaf-HOP. The age of the soulja girl.

Esch

Banned
Do y'all remember how much fvckery was in these threads before the creation of the community forum shit? Angry militant Canibus stans, dudes coming in here furious about Pusha T disrespect.

overcast

Who was the guy who went on the U-God rant? That was back when I browsed GAF-Hop at the library because we didn't have internet for like 4 months at home. Also when I became a member.

IrishNinja

Do y'all remember how much fvckery was in these threads before the creation of the community forum shit? Angry militant Canibus stans, dudes coming in here furious about Pusha T disrespect.

gotta admit, that shit was always entertaining, especially ugodzilla/etc

now we're lucky if a stray em stan stumbles in

Yeah I miss the fuckery when this thread was in the ot, so many strays would come across this wasteland and get barked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom