• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
patriarch 2 was a step down from the first. i need a cliff of death 2 or a ryan hemsworth tape from the dude. he works best on those kinds of beats.

I still really liked The Patriarch 2, it was just missing those standout tracks like So Many Days, Kill Your Idol, Can't Get Sleep, Based World Remix, etc. I still think it's a good project, and a solid 2nd half to what's pretty much a double album split across 3 months.

But a full length Deniro solo with Hemsworth would be :whew:

HiResDes

Guys, guys, I just got all my shit in to build my rig:

T2UTtOR.jpg

WHEW....

I have faith in Kendrick dropping a dope album, there's no question about that. He's actually improving as a rapper, which can't be said of any of his obvious contemporaries (Drake, Cole, etc). His live show has also greatly improved, and he understands what gets a crowd going and what doesn't. Expect more Mad City type tracks, imo.

But can Kendrick make a hit record, or will he release a weak song in July that doesn't do much of anything.

It is. : (

You'll be fine. Just make sure you're grounded and build it somewhere where you'll be standing on tile or laminate floor. Trickiest part is the thermal paste and even that's not that bad. Youtube a build video if you're doubting. Other than that it's pretty straight forward.

The only issues I had when I built my PC was connecting the heat sink (I was too afraid to press it down as hard as it needed to be) and the small LED wires n shit into the motherboard. Everything else was easy.

Kwixotik

I've never built a PC from scratch, but I've replaced just about every part. I would like to build from scratch one day, but it's BIOS and shit like that that intimidates me more than the hardware itself.

codhand

I've never built a PC from scratch, but I've replaced just about every part. I would like to build from scratch one day, but it's BIOS and shit like that that intimidates me more than the hardware itself.

i never built one, i used avadirect.com for the one i'm on now, i work in IT too...

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Building a PC has gotten so much easier in the last decade.... It's night and day how breezy it is.

Kid Cudi is always a hit or miss with me. I think I'm really picky when it comes to his music. Dat Kid from Cleveland and is probably the only thing from him I go back to on occasion.

I built my first pc last year. It was so easy. It didn't boot at first but I kinda expected it.

When do I use thermal paste? Just when I'm attaching the cpu cooler to the CPU right?

Yup. You want to use enough that it's fully covered but not thick enough that it's coming off the CPU itself when the cooler is attached. Like I said, if you're unsure just Youtube a vid real quick.

DominoKid

yo Des, how much did all that shit cost?

i have no plans to build a PC in the near future but i've always been curious how much that shit costs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Y'all are joking about Dat Kid From Cleveland being his best work.. right?

I mean it has a few decent joints (freestyles are either terrible or the height of CuDi's technical ability) but his best? Not even close to as well rounded as MotM1 or A KiD Named CuDi

CRS

yo Des, how much did all that shit cost?

i have no plans to build a PC in the near future but i've always been curious how much that shit costs.

Probably around $1300/1400.

That's on the high-end side of the spectrum. A decent rig can be built for around $600 and bump it up to $800 for a nice build.

Re: CuDi, MotM1 >>>> MotM 2 >> A KiD Named CuDi > Rest

T Dollarz

My AOTY list thus far:

1. Step Brothers - Lord Steppington
2. Isaiah Rashad - Cilvia Demo
3. Rick Ross - Mastermind
4. Curren$y - The Drive-In Theatre
5. Amerigo Gazaway - Yasiin Gaye
6. Schoolboy Q - Oxymoron

just imagine the fuckery that will no doubt happen if he gets her pregnant. She'd no doubt "accidentally" fall down a flight of steps in the second trimester.

PBY

Banned
smoke cigs and dress a billionaire banking heiress in a sweat suit, brehs

not sure any rapper has acquired a larger win than this, without officially releasing a single project
This is the biggest W ever.

What's shocking is that despite his fuckery he retains this untouchable cult status.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
smoke cigs and dress a billionaire banking heiress in a sweat suit, brehs

not sure any rapper has acquired a larger win than this, without officially releasing a single project
>>implying he dresses her and not the other way around

We all know who wears the pants.

DominoKid

if they ever make a documentary about him, it wont come close to capturing just how fucking odd the jay electronica experience has been.

iavi

When do I use thermal paste? Just when I'm attaching the cpu cooler to the CPU right?

Yessir. A dab of thermal past is all that's needed.

Nice Des. And yeah, with your thermal paste, you can just do a cross on the processor. That'll be plenty.

Next you're gonna want to watercool it.

From this,

to

this.

Super clean. I'm still dealing with air, myself. Going to do an Nvidia build for TW3 later in the year. That one's gonna be under water.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Funny y'all are talking about PC building. Mine is about to die, so I'm about to to upgrade. Anybody have any experience with buying parts in a country not of your own language?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Almost all of my parts were from another country (granted it was UK but still counts)

Check this OP.

Anything you'll ever need.

Heh, thanks. I can speak English, so if I lived in the UK, it'd be kosher. I still suck at German. I don't want to accidently have to learn specialized German words if I have to do some setting related to the hardware that isn't dependent on the Windows language and region setting.

I'm probably going to have to use PC Part Picker and just wait on a shipping from Newegg or whatever.

injurai

Banned
Guys, guys, I just got all my shit in to build my rig:

T2UTtOR.jpg

WHEW....

it's not bad at all, just make sure you use stand-off screws with your motherboard

don't use thermal paste if your cpu already has some on it, but do apply a small pea sized drop if you need it

beware of static, generally you're fine but better safe than sorry

you should be able to man handle everything short of your CPU, but once again safe over sorry

you may need to go into the bios (example is disabling floppy drive when you don't have one, since it will prevent booting.)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Here is Mike Dean being da gawd.

Supposodly, one of Kanye's engineers did an AMA on 4chan. TBH, anyone could have just gone into the studio and taken those pictures and it seems very, very peculiar from the types of answers he gives which contradict stuff from direct sources. Cliffs:

- He worked on and was credited for 808s when he was 15, interned at the studio conveniently when Kanye started recording it and somehow from there he got to work on WTT, some of Beyonce's albums, etc.
- Kanye just pays a lot of money for people to do things for him
- MBDTF is mastered like shit because it passed through way too many engineer's hands
- The Hawaii sessions weren't a writer's camp
- Kanye doesn't listen to Death Grips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom