• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy for Q even though I'm mixed on the album. Actually not even mixed. I think I only truly like 2 or 3 songs on here

Mastermind's aiight. Based on the strength of production alone it's the best mmg project in a while. But rick ross is kinda eh, still I'll be bumping a few songs on here for a bit

Some more Low End Theory Fest details. Basically sounds like Christmas in June for certain types of people.

Low End Theory said:
at Echo / Echoplex
4pm-2am both days
18+

FULL LINEUP TO BE ANNOUNCED VERY SOON!
Our hope is to to produce the definitive experimental music festival that L.A. so badly deserves but currently does not have...

Beat production workshops will start at 4pm on both days, followed by performances starting at 6pm.

If you're in SoCal I cannot express how much this is going to kill it. They've been working toward this for a long time and there's no way their first shot fucks it up. Real good year for it, too, since FYF got pushed out of LA Historical Park for renovations and is prob going to be in Whittier.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I didn't even hear anyones opinions on it besides PD. Step Brothers came and went for me. It was a good listen but for some reason I never went back to it.
I blame evidence, I still fuck with the instrumentals hard.

every alchemist project requires a simultaneous instrumental release.

he makes music. give us a russian roulette sequel. make it medieval themed. lutes and strings.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yea the thing with Step Brothers tho is that its never gonna get the same burn because the rappers are ehhh
Makes it not much different from pretty much every Alc-produced project in the past few years. Evidence shits on most of them anyways.

thabiz

Ev and Alc are cool, but they don't really have memorable voices or tons of charisma.

i found it a well rounded project that holds my attention. witty lines. great references. great skits. alc and evidence hold their own. not once did i feel they weren't up to task on the mic. they have a certain swagger and pace and the beats are perfect for them.

Cudder

i found it a well rounded project that holds my attention. witty lines. great references. great skits. alc and evidence hold their own. not once did i feel they weren't up to task on the mic. they have a certain swagger and pace and the beats are perfect for them.

breh, are you unaware you're avi is a no-show, or are you on that Yeezus time trying to be different

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...ck-lamar-schoolboy-q-anthony-tiffith?page=0,1

The fact that this says "TDE is planning to release a Kendrick album in September" and not "Kendrick Lamar is planning to release his follow up album in September" is weird and worrisome to me. Makes it seem like they're forcing him to release something.

Seems fine. Two years after his last album, it's hard to imagine him not being done by then - if not before. I'm surprised they aren't going for a summer release. Two summers without a release...dunno brehs. You can only eat off one album for so long.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SMH @ Keef coming to Paris to work with Kanye and then leaving after a day because he didn't like the weed. What a fucking joke.

DominoKid

eh I don't think Kendrick should target a summer release but he definitely needs to get an album out this year.

September/October.

Cudder

I just feel bad for Kendrick having so much to live up to. Shit isn't going to be as acclaimed just cause of that.

what if it's even more critically acclaimed

wee-bey-gif.gif

Besides GKMC not being all that. Yall need to remember he put out GKMC a year and a few months after Section 80.

This is 2 years we are talking now.
You're right about GKMC coming shortly after S80, but I feel most of GKMC might've been written and prepared just for that project. At least most of the concepts would've been thought out before hand.

I believe in Kendrick though, I just need to hear that 'It's Alive' track to respark my faith and stanning.

Peterboi wants Kendrick to make mistakes so he can have an excuse to shit on him smh, I know u bumpin nick cannon too

PBY

Banned
You're right about GKMC coming shortly after S80, but I feel most of GKMC might've been written and prepared just for that project. At least most of the concepts would've been thought out before hand.

I believe in Kendrick though, I just need to hear that 'It's Alive' track to respark my faith and stanning.

Peterboi wants Kendrick to make mistakes so he can have an excuse to shit on him smh, I know u bumpin nick cannon too
Breh you've changed. Soulja girl no longer.

I love KDOT. Just not feeling his GKMC era stuff. I've seen him live 3 times. I want something riskier. Something less-TDE, something that will bring him into the A-tier rap star world.

overcast

what are you saying about the new kid cudi? is it good? i refuse to believe that.
Naw. It's doo doo. Boring as hell, and I really just want Cudi to let someone else produce. He's not made anything good in years.

Thinking we got Soul in April/May, Rock in summer, Dot in the fall. Good Soul is coming back guys.

Edit: I agree Boutdown, that's my point though. I don't see exactly what you're asking for Peter, but he does need to mix it up and keep the listeners interested. I still bump GKMC/S.80 regularly, so I don't mind something off the wall. Old west sound influenced? him spazzing on dope beats? Idk.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Breh you've changed. Soulja girl no longer.

I love KDOT. Just not feeling his GKMC era stuff. I've seen him live 3 times. I want something riskier. Something less-TDE, something that will bring him into the A-tier rap star world.
Yeah, if K.Dot doesn't follow the Kanye and more recently Drake blueprint, he's going to regress in the public eye which is going to only make things worse for him moving along.

Gotta switch your shit up and give people a completely different side of you while maintaining the essence of why people liked you in the first place.

DominoKid

i'd like to think kendrick is a smart enough artist to not try to out-do GKMC.

to lack that type of self-awareness is something that i would expect from J. Cole.

his flow was also good on crown. i don't think mchg had any good verses but his flow and la flame beat on crown made it the salvageable track from that project.

Cudder

Naw. It's doo doo. Boring as hell, and I really just want Cudi to let someone else produce. He's not made anything good in years.

Thinking we got Soul in April/May, Rock in summer, Dot in the fall. Good Soul is coming back guys.

Edit: I agree Boutdown, that's my point though. I don't see exactly what you're asking for Peter, but he does need to mix it up and keep the listeners interested. I still bump GKMC/S.80 regularly, so I don't mind something off the wall. Old west sound influenced? him spazzing on dope beats? Idk.

tbh I think it's a pretty solid project. I do still get hints of WZRD type shit (especially on tracks 2 and 3) but overall I'm happy with the vibe of the album. You may not like his humming/singing or whatever, but at least there's a consistent vibe across the album, something Indicud lacked imo. I know people just want him to rap though, so it's whatever. I think the instrumentals are cool too. Balmain Jeans is awesome.

Esch

Banned
his flow was also good on crown. i don't think mchg had any good verses but his flow and la flame beat on crown made it the salvageable track from that project.
Fuckwithme is still a straight verse from dude and Heaven is too, especially if you know a little bit about Jays past with the Nuwaubians. But its clear that he doesnt give a shit except for guest verses. It is what it is. I dont mind as long as he keeps giving me bangers.

Kwixotik

The Weeknd might keep releasing the same albums but I don't give a fuck. All I listen to is House of Balloons anyway and it just fits a certain mood I get in so well. Don't need his other shit and I don't listen to it that often anyway.

HiResDes

Agreed. Both guys do their thing and the production is great. Still my favorite all release this so far this year. Iz only march but y'know

Legendary Mesh + Step Masters >>>>>>>

YES!...My brotha, I know you feel me on this, but don't you think we about due for some new Deniro soon. Just give me some new Deniro and let Cocaine Pinata be good and I'll be happy.

Kwixotik

YES!...My brotha, I know you feel me on this, but don't you think we about due for some new Deniro soon. Just give me some new Deniro and let Cocaine Pinata be good and I'll be happy.

Dude, I'm pissed about Cliff of Death 2 being cancelled though. That was my favorite project from him.

I guess I'm excited about whatever he puts out next, but that's still a huge disappointment for me.

Patriarch 2 only came out like 8 months ago....

But that's like 8 years in 2014 hip-hop, I need to eat.

Kwixotik

Patriarch 2 only came out like 8 months ago....

But that's like 8 years in 2014 hip-hop, I need to eat.

I've pretty much quit new hip hop for the moment because nothing coming out has interested me. I've fallen back on The Weeknd, Souls of Mischief, and post-punk/gothy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom