• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
YG

leaky-faucet-0513-mdn.jpg

Squalor

"What A$AP Ferg is to the A$AP Mob, Paul Pierce was to the Nets tonight!"

ESPN anchor just said this during the highlights. Ferg has arrived! lmao
They've used that line on Sportscenter before.

Either that or I'm a psychic.
They have, and the anchors have no fucking clue what they're saying.

The writers write that embarrassing crap because it's "relatable" to the black, basketball- and ESPN-watching youths.

No weak track on Piñata. No fuck around shit, AOTY material only.

Agreed.

Also holy fuck My Krazy Life is hard as fuck so far. Mustard beats go hard. Hopefully the rest of the album is as good.
Jay Rock verse was great.

Also GKMC helps K.dot stay winning love it

Esch

Banned
Kanye's weak if he caved in to Kim's demands. At least from what's been reported, Ye has been resisting it every step of the way and Jay basically told him there's no way you're seeing me, B or Ivy on reality TV, which is the stand up thing to do.
Im torn on this, because I really do think that he should be there for Ye no manilow. on the other hand, generally Jay and B avoid publicity regarding their relationship historically. I guarantee you they've received offers for reality shows from BET or whoever too. Shit would do numbers. Either way I'm surprised Ye is asking him. I know him and jay have that big brother thing going on but if I were Ye why not go with one of your brehs since day one?

Who was Jay-Z's best man?
I understand the TV thing but still pretty wack turning down being someone's best man.

Also My Krazy Life is still breaking hearts, on track 8 now. Not a bad track yet.

edit: skits are great, especially the one at the end of track 8. Gotta head to class now so I'll listen to the rest later but so far it's blowing away my expectations. Worth a listen for sure.

Detox

Kanye described himself and Kim as media whores. I doubt Jay sees himself or his family as the same thing. He doesn't want anyone else because Jay as the best man will get more ratings.

Esch

Banned
Who was Jay-Z's best man?
I understand the TV thing but still pretty wack turning down being someone's best man.
I googled this just now. dont think they had one, or maids of honor. They had some type of secret demon illuminati wedding somewhere on the low iirc. As far as the tv thing goes, idk man I kinda don't blame Jay at the same time. Reality television is the absolute bottom of the barrel and I wouldn't submit my kid and wife to it given the choice either.

complain about the media while being a media whore brehs

Anyway yo, I need beer recommendations. I tried some Blue Moon (Belgian White) and that shit was trash, almost as bad as Corona. I want something that tastes good, where I can taste more than alcohol but isn't some fruity ass shit.

Also, something that I can find at Sam's Club since I'm going grocery shopping. No obscure underground shit.

Esch

Banned
I tried some Blue Moon (Belgian White) and that shit was trash, almost as bad as Corona. I want something that tastes good, where I can taste more than alcohol but isn't some fruity ass shit.
Call Blue Moon trash and fruity while being a proud and frequent consumer of Mike's Hard Lemonade, brehs.

Esch

Banned
Jay-Z should send Swizz Beats to be the best man instead of him and not tell Ye.
Now that's good television lol
Kanye probably wouldn't even be mad, given that he's made borderline stan comments praising Swizzy before. Speaking of which, more people voted for Money, Cash, Hoes in 24 hours in that poll we did. Me and Jay won, and PD and Nas lost, again.

codhand

not gonna stand for this Blue Moon bashing

it's basically a fake Wit beer. it's bad. if you like, no worries, but you'd prolly enjoy a real Wit even more.

also PD, check the Beer OT, or holler at HRD or myself. really depends where you live, i think MI, so you have tons of good options,

Lagunitas, North Coast, Sierra Nevada, Six Point, Victory, Bear Republic etc, etc..

Just finished the first listen.
I can't believe I'm saying this but this is my rap AOTY so far.
We'll see if it holds up on subsequent listens (and I need to give Pinata more spins too, and obviously we still have 3/4 of the year to go) but wow definitely didn't expect this.
Already three albums that I'd rank over Oxymoron...damn...Q still eatin though

Kwixotik

complain about the media while being a media whore brehs

Anyway yo, I need beer recommendations. I tried some Blue Moon (Belgian White) and that shit was trash, almost as bad as Corona. I want something that tastes good, where I can taste more than alcohol but isn't some fruity ass shit.

Also, something that I can find at Sam's Club since I'm going grocery shopping. No obscure underground shit.
If you ever see Unibroue beers, specifically La Fin du Monde or Trois Pistoles, get those. They're recognizable by the foil around the neck of the bottle. I don't really know what they've got at Sams club though. They might have Killians Irish Red or Summit IPA. Those wouldn't be bad choices.

JohnDoe

Banned
listening to "Uno" on Piñata

YlVGJ.png
YlVGJ.png
YlVGJ.png
YlVGJ.png
YlVGJ.png

Imo, the shit they released early on soundcloud or as singles aren't anywhere near the best on this album

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So Kdot putting another bum ass rapper on the map because of his sick verse.
.....did you completely miss My N***a and Who Do You Love? Or Toot It and Boot It even which had 50 and Snoop?

Are better songs and have undoubtably done more for YG than Kendrick will.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
YG is going to be the biggest, worst rapper for sure. I'm increasingly realizing how big his movement is (and The Bay in general).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom