• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
Overall, Pinata is a good album and I'm still surprised that Gibbs and Madlib were able to pull off a whole album together. I'm still mad that Deep isn't a album track and the last track lasts while too long

Overall, Pinata is a good album and I'm still surprised that Gibbs and Madlib were able to pull off a whole album together. I'm still mad that Deep isn't a album track and the last track lasts while too long

Deep and Terrorist are on the bestbuy copy, which is one of the main reasons I paid for that shit.

Gibbs said he wants to drop another album this year (Eastside Slim) this year too...

Cudder

n6DZ7.png

Kad5

There were two sides to 2Pac. Gangsta and Conscious. Kendrick is his conscious successor and Freddie Gibbs is his gangsta successor.

Fjordson

It's worth it. I got the CD Best buy version only cause I wanted those bonus tracks.
Are you getting it from bestbuy.com? I'm wondering if I'll be able to grab a physical copy in the Best Buy near me next week. Haven't been in a Best Buy in years, but I don't remember them having much as far as CD selection.

Are you getting it from bestbuy.com? I'm wondering if I'll be able to grab a physical copy in the Best Buy near me next week. Haven't been in a Best Buy in years, but I don't remember them having much as far as CD selection.

I ordered it online. I wasn't too sure if the best buy near me would have it or not, either.

DeadTsar

Confession time: the only Freddie Gibbs song I've ever heard is Paper.
Besides Piñata is there anything else I should check out?

Definitely gonna listen to Shyne Coldchain Vol. 2 when I get the chance

All his projects are worth a listen, but I'll post a few songs so you wanna go and give 'em a listen:

Freddie Gibbs - National Anthem (Fuck the World)

Freddie Gibbs - Born 2 Roll

Freddie Gibbs - Womb 2 The Tomb featuring Pill

Freddie Gibbs - The Ghetto

Freddie Gibbs - Eastside Moonwalker

Honestly, there are soo many good songs so these aren't necessarily the best ones. Some of my favorites came from his early mixtape days. All of his projects are worth a listen. He's one of the most consistent artists out there right now, and he has a pretty steady outpouring of songs, and features.

Esch

Banned

listen to Baby Face Killa and midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik. ESGN is really not that great.

Esch

Banned
Just started playing Cocaine Pinata in the whip, its great but either the rip or mix is terrible. Might have to get a 320/256 for this one.

Esch

Banned
lol @ Esch catching feelings that Hov hasn't released a decent album in a decade

Life Is Good>>American Gangster>>>>>>>>>>Blueprint 3>MCHG
Hey man, if you or your weed carriers can't maturely deal with discussions about Nas's mindset or whom he chooses to associate himself with that's your loss, not mine.

Hey man, if you or your weed carriers can't maturely deal with discussions about Nas's mindset or whom he chooses to associate himself with that's your loss, not mine.

Jay associates himself with the very people who flood our communities with pay day loans and overpriced European clothes, which are manufactured by our Asian brothers and sisters in China under slave conditions. All while married to a black woman who constantly sends negative messages to young black queens. She hates her color and bleaches her skin, just as the Camel bleached his lyrics to appease corporate sponsors.

754n.png

codhand

Just started playing Cocaine Pinata in the whip, its great but either the rip or mix is terrible. Might have to get a 320/256 for this one.

yeah i agree, i think a higher quality rip will help, but im not expecting Alchemist sound levels from a Madlib project

got the vinyl coming from amazon.....

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Nah I've got a higher quality. Muddy quality is muddy. Pay a proper engineer next time Lib.

Esch

Banned
Yeah, I suspected it was the mix because of how muddy Freddies vocals sound which is a shame, because he's lighting up these tracks.

Detox

Juicy J's next album - the hustle continues - will be less trippy and more motivational. I'm down with that, just need to hear the first single.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom