• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

Domo and Earl came mad correct on Robes. Dug that track quite a bit.

Overall, though, I'm not feeling Pinata. Gibbs Flow is on point as hell, but Madlibs production is actually the weakest link here--not feeling most of it.

Well, if you put Ross' shit on there, then Q.

they're both even. q has better verses than ross. while ross has more fuego beats and features for sure. (the JZA and Jay Z in particular killed it)

cocaine pinata i'm 50/50 on too. beats are kinda eh tbh. but gibbs is doing so good (no surprise). Real and Shitsville is fantastic

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Well, if you put Ross' shit on there, then Q.

patrice.png
idk breh......

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
that's contender for feature of the year. when the song started i thought it was just alright but then jeezy goes crazy.
Not sure about that, but it is memorable.

I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA, LOVE AND LOYALTYYYYYY

Should count cause the album came out this year, but the feature of the year is still Jay on The Devil is a Lie. THEY TRIED TO HIT ME WITH THE RICOOOOOOO

EDIT: Rich Homie Quan steals that song anyways, by far. I'm confident it was his song and YG just got it.

Tokubetsu

Gibbs, Spitta and ALC. Everything these 3 do are automatic buys for me. I own 8+ Alchemist cds. I should take a picture/work on finishing my collection.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Gunna need an instrumental cut for cocaine pinatas.

Like stat.

March has been dope so far.
Can't tell if the beat really is that much of a clusterfuck or it's Flex.

You know the answer to this question in your heart.

I feel Soulo has been putting out better features since his streak of shitty features last year. Faith getting restored but gotta wait until his next project.

Random but I'm feeling LTM > Control System right now.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
My expectations for this YG album just shot through the roof.

This year has been damn good to us so far. Makin up for a lackluster 2013.

I think it's time to retire this avatar. Soul's verse on Lakers was cool.

I only really started listening to Gibbs this week, this and BFK were solid. What exactly has he done to get blackballed by the industry like I've seen some of you mention?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oxymoron is garbage, just accept it. Ross joint might be generic, but at least it's not flat out terrible.
Hell no. Oxy is less cohesive, but has more tracks that aren't concentrated nyquil.

I said it in the Mastermind thread, Mastermind is Rich Forever II. People got super gassed about it because it's the new shit from a big artist in a drought and had one hot song going into it, but really most of it is forgettable. The mid section of Mastermind is a slog. Oxy has damn near twice the keepers, and they're peppered better across the album.

Keepers on Mastermind:
The Devil is a Lie
Sanctified
Rich is Gangsta
Mafia Music III (being generous)

Keepers on Oxy:
Gangsta
Collared Greens
Prescription/Oxymoron
Break The Bank
Man of the Year
Fuck LA

I don't even know if it matters because they're both pretty disappointing, but it is what it is. Ross needs to do something about his sound before he 50s himself. Funnily enough, GFID was a half decent attempt at experimenting with his sound, it just didn't end up going anywhere.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I still bump Rich Forever.

My teacher said I was a piece of shit
Saw him the other day
DRIVING A PIECE OF SHIT

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I disagree, Mastermind is better IMO. GFID was awful, Rich Forever was better even, what earth you live on?
Rich Forever was better than GFID, but everyone forgot about it very fast. Same deal as Mastermind, same reaction here too. Triple Beam Dreams, Holy Ghost, Stay Schemin', maaaaaaaybe King of Diamonds/Rich Forever, unfiltered garbage, AotYAotYAotYAotY.

they're on the same level. like the EXACT. neither will be top 10 status by end of year either. q has way better raps, ross has way better features and beats. it all balances

also enzo you're missing nobody on your mastermind list. love that beat

overcast

Mastermind is boring as hell. Shit, I don't know why every album is being compared to Oxy, nobody is saying that it's crazy dope or anything. Mastermind had people talking about best album of the year, and there is absolutely nothing special there.

Oxy has some terrific songs in it, despite being an okay, not cohesive project. Meanwhile, Mastermind is the same old, same old boring Ross flows over his so called "good production". Most of which falls on deaf ears for me. Shit is seriously such an uninteresting, bland project through and through. Features show what to do with the project to make it better.

That YG/K Dot track is excellent, Cocaine Pinata when I get home from school.

Edit: Gangsta and Break the Bank alone are just way better than any track on Mastermind.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
they're on the same level. like the EXACT. neither will be top 10 status by end of year either. q has way better raps, ross has way better features and beats. it all balances

also enzo you're missing nobody on your mastermind list. love that beat
Nobody bothers me because I could've swore I've heard that beat before. It gets bonus points for French being tolerable on a track but still is ehhhhhh

And yeah, if Oxy makes my Top 10 this year, I would be pretty disappointed in the output of other artists.

Also, I really don't see what y'all see in the Mastermind production. By far that's it's weakest component, it brings everything else down.

Oxymoron is still growing on me, tons of tracks I do like, but some 'Los Awesome' tier songs.

Listened to Mastermind the week it came out, still going back to the same 3-4 songs on that one.

Mastermind also has French Montana on it.. so that brings it down.

Edit: Gangsta and Break the Bank alone are just way better than any track on Mastermind.

that's easy. imagine gibbs on nobody though. or if sanctified stopped after kanye verse, or war ready with just JZA etc. or if devil is a lie was a WTT track

etc. etc. pattern is that ross aint anything special on his own album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
War Ready needs an edit where the hook and ad libs are replaced by Fatman Scoop. Could be a legitimate banger if things weren't how they are right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom