• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just saw this. Love it. 💖

7917JTg.jpg

overcast

YG is going to be the biggest, worst rapper for sure. I'm increasingly realizing how big his movement is (and The Bay in general).
You don't like YG? I think he's fun to bump, loved that Kendrick track, but I haven't listened to any of his stuff really. Aside from This Yick and You Broke (both of which are group staples). Unless you mean he's a "bad rapper" which is probably true.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Im torn on this, because I really do think that he should be there for Ye no manilow. on the other hand, generally Jay and B avoid publicity regarding their relationship historically. I guarantee you they've received offers for reality shows from BET or whoever too. Shit would do numbers. Either way I'm surprised Ye is asking him. I know him and jay have that big brother thing going on but if I were Ye why not go with one of your brehs since day one?
I'm not really into wedding culture in general, but IMHO Don C should be Ye's best man. Who, more than anyone with those kinds of opportunities afforded to them, stays the fuck away from the public eye. Literally the only video that exists of dude online is the Voyr WTT documentary. For the same reasons, he's probably not going to help Kim out with her show either.

Truthfully, if your man wants you to be part of his wedding that his fiance is selling to remain relevant and feed the most vile industry in the world and he declines, I would put that on me, not him. Especially at their stature, there are levels to this shit, and both of them should be above that. All parties' brands will be impacted; except Kim. It's disgusting because you know it wouldn't be the same situation if Jay and B weren't as famous as they were.

You don't like YG? I think he's fun to bump, loved that Kendrick track, but I haven't listened to any of his stuff really. Aside from This Yick and You Broke (both of which are group staples). Unless you mean he's a "bad rapper" which is probably true.
I like his music, but I don't think there's much debate on the actual rapping component being probably the weakest of anyone with a spotlight on them ATM.

I hadn't listened to any of his material before listening to his album. (except my n****)

I like his music, but I don't think there's much debate on the actual rapping component being probably the weakest of anyone with a spotlight on them ATM.

Have you heard the album yet?
At first glance trust me I'd agree with you but after hearing the album I have to disagree.

YG is so unnaceptably bad on the mic?
He really isn't lol. For majority of the album he is so inoffensive hard to imagine someone really trying to bring something like that up constantly as Enzo does. Album is pretty good and flows from track to track well. Awesome Mystikal sample on Meet the Flockers. Even gives his own little spin on that flow which I can't really say I have heard anyone try

Edit: sure is a lot of those "hey" samples on it

overcast

i love it, but it can never be aoty with a corny mac miller verse pitching closer
I don't mind Miller lately, but I didn't like his verse here.

I'm surprised some people need Gibbs to grow on them. He's just a classic great rapper, not hard to appreciate him IMO.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chance The Rapper turns the FUCK up at the G.O.O.D. Showcase at SXSW w/Katie Got Bandz & King Louie. Goes full lumberjack too.

Have you heard the album yet?
At first glance trust me I'd agree with you but after hearing the album I have to disagree.
Not yet, not expecting it to change much though.

YG is so unnaceptably bad on the mic? I can't reconcile that with the Mac Miller love in this thread.
Mac Miller is a better artist and can/has rapped circles around dude.

This is disappointing in TDE staff, but this chick is trying REALLY hard to twist the story to be something sexist.

I don't know what to think of this. Power105.1 still won wrt going from radio to TV.

I kind of liked the Music Meeting stuff they've been doing for the past few months though, which I thought was Ebro's idea. Anyways, the less opinionated Ebro we get, the better.

Cheddahz

Banned
It's worth it. I got the CD Best buy version only cause I wanted those bonus tracks.

Yeah, I've been debating about that version because of the bonus tracks, but this just seems like an album I would like to play on the record player

EDIT: High is a dope track, but I hate the "I get high" sample in it

PlayDat

Wish there were more specifics about this TDE things. Sounds shitty of them.

Coke Boys 5 if fucking hilarious by the way and dude is actually spittin' on here. I had to check if I accidentally put my phone on repeat near the end of Started from the Bottom.

big ander

which chance had been half this animated when I saw him. Did a maybe 25 minute set, moved very little, rapped maybe half his lines and let the backing track do most of the work, abruptly cut off every single one of his songs whenever there was a guest verse. usually I see people have it so they at least do the hook one more time when they get to a guest verse. or maybe try to rap the guest verse themselves. or at that point it's fine to let the backing track just play, as long as you're moving around and stuff. It was all weird because every report said he was an amazing live act and we got just a straight-up shitawful show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom