• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Is it "Oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic"? Is it "Black Girl Lost" or shorty owe you for ice?

I feel like i should make an OT thread to eat off of this
jn2tpLayYFjPS.png

I mean.....is he wrong though?
yeshrug.png

Zeus Molecules

In comparing feminism to an organized crime syndicate?

If what he was trying to say was some type of joke about how internet feminists mob on people, okay. But that's not what he said.

I mean in the realm of inllectual debate
manny.png

I'm not saying feminism isn't important or that they still don't have issues, but I've seen professional feminist attack men verbally without Any impunity with no fear of reprisal because their philosophy in America is beyond public critique and reproach. If you say anything against what they are saying your usually casted as a misogynist pig.

Esch

Banned
manny.png

I'm not saying feminism isn't important or that they still don't have issues, but I've seen professional feminist attack men verbally without Any impunity with no fear of reprisal because their philosophy in America is beyond public critique and reproach. If you say anything against what they are saying your usually casted as a misogynist pig.
I hate to flip this on you, but this is almost verbatim what I hear racists say about their inability to speak on race issues in America (not saying you are a sexist). You can talk about it. There are obviously fringe elements of every social movement that are fucking nuts (example: New Black Panther Party). If you're just talking about people losing their shit in arguments, then that's no different from any other issue; keep calm and pour on the troll.

If you're talking about liberal bias in academia... That's just the way things are.

Zeus Molecules

I hate to flip this on you, but this is almost verbatim what I hear racists say about their inability to speak on race issues in America. You can talk about it. There are obviously fringe elements of every social movement that are fucking nuts (example: New Black Panther Party). If you're just talking about people losing their shit in arguments, then that's no different from any other issue; keep calm and pour on the troll.

If you're talking about liberal bias in academia... That's just the way things are.

Bro racist have fox news and the republican party. Shit racist have the Florida court system and the state of Arizona.....racist have wshh. In America Racism is damn near an institution as long as you don't blatantly say certain words you'll usually get a nod and a wink a tap on your wrist and be allowed to go on your way.

A perfect example is this board itself. Racist shit gets said here everyday without fear of reprisal unless the poster is especially dull and post it in a thread that is full of heated debate (and half the time they will have to double or triple down on their initial post)

Now say something as stupid as Feminism = the mafia and watch your career be put through the wringer and how your the type of person to think there is a hidden gay agenda (which is a homophobic stupid idea ....but I digress). You can't critique feminism in America, and I'm not saying its bad, because shit their is stuff that still needs to be addressed in society. But you got to admit intellectually/academically speaking they cannot be challenged because said person will be put into the wringers.

PBY

Banned
manny.png

What's a professional feminist

Zeus pls

Esch

Banned
Bro racist have fox news and the republican party. Shit racist have the Florida court system and the state of Arizona.....racist have wshh. In America Racism is damn near an institution as long as you don't blatantly say certain words you'll usually get a nod and a wink a tap on your wrist and be allowed to go on your way.

A perfect example is this board itself. Racist shit gets said here everyday without fear of reprisal unless the poster is especially dull and post it in a thread that is full of heated debate (and half the time they will have to double or triple down on their initial post)

Now say something as stupid as Feminism = the mafia and watch your career be put through the wringer and how your the type of person to think there is a hidden gay agenda (which is a homophobic stupid idea ....but I digress). You can't critique feminism in America, and I'm not saying its bad, because shit their is stuff that still needs to be addressed in society. But you got to admit intellectually/academically speaking they cannot be challenged because said person will be put into the wringers.

The Republican party and Fox News don't say all type of wild shit about women? You don't hear what they say about abortion and rape? As Hillary continues to run in 2016, I hope you peep some of the shit they say about her.

NeoGAF gives low key racism a pass? Absolutely, no question. They're better about weeding out those guys nowadays though.

Nas's career is going to be fine. It's not going through the ringer at all. The thing about 99% critiques of Feminism is that people usually attack feminists or extremes to start with, which is a non-starter in any intellectual argument. You're welcome to critique whatever you want. Just don't get surprised if 50% of the population doesn't fuck with you on it if it comes out half baked or addresses anything besides ideology.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
manny.png

Not all feminism is radical feminism. Equating feminism in general to that is nearly as bad as outright calling them a mafia.

In many ways, through media's portrayal of feminism, we (as men) only really do get the radical views that we use as a lens for all kinds of feminism. Almost conditions us to defend ourselves in the face of those radical claims.

Zeus Molecules

What's a professional feminist

Zeus pls

Admittedly I had a really fucked up professor in undergrad college who would shit on men in the class in all ways possible. She was just a horrible person and I will admit its likely why even though I do support most feminist ideas I do think they can't be critiqued. This woman was horrid and got a kick out of shitting on anyone who challenged the crazy shit she would say. I mean she was a radical feminist who would declare all women lesbians and basically said every man was just a moron with a penis.

PBY

Banned
Admittedly I had a really fucked up professor in undergrad college who would shit on men in the class in all ways possible. She was just a horrible person and I will admit its likely why even though I do support most feminist ideas I do think they can't be critiqued. This woman was horrid and got a kick out of shitting on anyone who challenged the crazy shit she would say.

Meh that sucks. I just think, that as with everything, there will be craziness on the fringes- you have to look past that as not representative.

Zeus Molecules

Meh that sucks. I just think, that as with everything, there will be craziness on the fringes- you have to look past that as not representative.

Your right, your right but to this day its always the first association I make since it was the only direct experience I had with anyone who declared themselves a feminist.

Esch

Banned
Admittedly I had a really fucked up professor in undergrad college who would shit on men in the class in all ways possible. She was just a horrible person and I will admit its likely why even though I do support most feminist ideas I do think they can't be critiqued. This woman was horrid and got a kick out of shitting on anyone who challenged the crazy shit she would say. I mean she was a radical feminist who would declare all women lesbians and basically said every man was just a moron with a penis.

I actually had a similar professor freshman year for an austen period lit class. she was pretty awful, and regularly called on me (the only guy in the class) to provide point by point rebuttals for male characters. She tried for an entire semester to rustle my jimmies, the next year when I saw her i shot her a
jEaaUFYOZPiFa.png

Not 100% sure how I feel about the new Vince Staples yet....need to give it more listens, but jeez so far it's a lot more boring than Stolen Youth. I feared this when I saw No ID producing most of it. Enjoying the 2nd half a lot more than the first though

Actually, my first black teacher in my whole life was in junior high. I was so excited but she ended up being a radical feminist and I didn't even know what a feminist was but I sure as hell knew something was up at the time. She definitely treated the girls better than the guys and would call out girls for not acting strong/bold/etc.

She had a creepy liking to one male student though, but that's another whole story...

Jitters

My problem with the new Staples is the same problem I've had with his previous releases, his flow and delivery just aren't engaging to me. I know that a little incongruous for an Earl fan to say, but to me Earl has rhymes that give his flow a bit of a punch. I don't get that with Vince.

I haven't heard the whole thing, but I was definitely wrong about writing off Gibbs after ESGN. I just assumed everything after would just suck worse and begin to sound more and more generic, but damn these tracks are great. He has got to have one of the best flows out there right now.

EDIT: I'm allergic to conversations on the internet that consist of post containing multiple paragraphs. I'm more of a one to two sentence kind of guy.

Jitters

It can get a little too avant garde for me. I see a lot of dudes with scaruffi-an taste get a little snobbish. Its nice when used to find "world" stuff though.

I've been using RYM for the past couple months and I enjoy it as a means to catalogue my overall opinions on an album. Even though I'm basically doing it for myself, it makes me give out more concentrated listens. Assigning point values is fairly pointless, but I get a kick out of it from time to time.

It is very ugly, and I'd recommend ignoring user reviews.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
My problem with the new Staples is the same problem I've had with his previous releases, his flow and delivery just aren't engaging to me. I know that a little incongruous for an Earl fan to say, but to me Earl has rhymes that give his flow a bit of a punch. I don't get that with Vince.
Man, I feel like his flow is going harder and more aggressive on this than I've ever heard him.

Compare it to his verse on Hivve off Earl's joint.

Dereck

I've been using RYM for the past couple months and I enjoy it as a means to catalogue my overall opinions on an album. Even though I'm basically doing it for myself, it makes me give out more concentrated listens. Assigning point values is fairly pointless, but I get a kick out of it from time to time.
This

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Times is rough and tough like leather in terms of my moms health. But with tomorrow being the anniversary of Nate Doggs death 93.5 KDAY was playing a lot of his songs and heard this today and helped ease my mind a bit.

Nate Dogg - Music and Me

Without my music, where would I be
You taught me how to cry and still remain a G
You keep alot of soldiers at ease
And together the next level proceed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom