• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Travi$ Scott - Upper Echelon - FADER TV

Say what you want about dudes music but he seems fun as fuck to see live. Kinda regret missing him when he came to LA now.

Bonus : Young Thug - Interview at The FADER FORT

Semi explains his whole "BABE, LOVE AT FIRST SITE!!!" a little.
Ain't nobody saying shit about his music; Travi$ Scott released the most replayable album of last year. Retroactive AotY. I don't think I've listened to any album in the past two years as consistently as Owl Pharaoh. It's this glorious mix of colourful bangers, mellow, atmospheric riding music and damn good songwriting.

I've wanted to see him live since I saw a video of him performing at HOT97's Who's Next.

Mike Dean going HAM on the synthesizer
3FUo4.png

Remark

Banned
Finally got around to listening YG's album doe.

THE MIXING ON THERE IS AMAZING!

Mustard must got dem GKMC vibes because that's what the mixing feels like, every song goes hard and it's cohesive as hell breh like im crying right now this is so good mane

Nate by Vince Staples might be the song of the year, and one of the best "gangsta rap" songs I've heard in a long time. You rarely hear something like that in modern rap.

I think most people like the song but dunno breh, just sounds weird to me. Not a fan of the beat, Q...I like Kendrick on it though.
Yeah, Q's verses are really boring. (But I'm not really feeling Oxymoron in general so it was par for the course to me.) Childhood friendships notwithstanding, at this point I don't know why someone would willingly ask Kendrick to feature on his track. It's just embarrassing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lmao what? kendrick sucked ass on collard greens. he sounded like a gremlin. fuck that song too.
I thought this too initially, but it's really grown on me. Used to think he was out of place on the song but he meshes so well. Kendrick rides that beat.

Peterboy I see you in that dark souls thread but I don't think that game is for you man. I want to go ahead and say it is, but I you don't seem like the type of person who would get super hardcore about it. However, you should still try it with an open mind though since I fucking love it.

PBY

Banned
Peterboy I see you in that dark souls thread but I don't think that game is for you man. I want to go ahead and say it is, but I you don't seem like the type of person who would get super hardcore about it. However, you should still try it with an open mind though since I fucking love it.
I like easy games lol. I like getting in and out for a few hours. Just bought it on some yolo shit tho. We'll see, it's downloading now.

overcast

Correct. Seent all of em. Flatbush is fun/very hype live- the problem is no one knows their songs or lyrics lol. They have their wheelhouse bangers that get people going tho.
Cool, sounds well worth the money. I should try and listen to more Flatbush, I am not that big a fan though.
I thought this too initially, but it's really grown on me. Used to think he was out of place on the song but he meshes so well. Kendrick rides that beat.
What They Want grew on me too. Album is still a 6.5-7.

I need to listen to that YG album, but I'm spinning Piñata a lot.

I like easy games lol. I like getting in and out for a few hours. Just bought it on some yolo shit tho. We'll see, it's downloading now.
Yeah I remember you were talking about this when we were discussing video games and giantbomb. I have no idea what drew you to it. You're criteria doesn't fit a souls game at all, but we'll see. Post them results.

PBY

Banned
Yeah I remember you were talking about this when we were discussing video games and giantbomb. I have no idea what drew you to it. You're criteria doesn't fit a souls game at all, but we'll see. Post them results.
Well, I'm a fan of GB too tho, watched a bunch of their souls streams. I guess their hype is infectious.

Will let u know how it goes

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yupp...that verse is so vicious it's hard to believe that Schoolboy Q really said that Jay Rock was looking to change his style up because people were afraid of him or something along the lines of that. Not sure if i believe it
I think features are different from your own project, some artists just do whatever on other tracks but are really conscious about how they present themselves on their own projects.

I don't think he's gonna exactly change his style completely, but his lyrics just might become a bit more motivational-street instead of more street-street.

This is why you're garbage.

tellem how you feel

YG's album is kinda cool, not really going back to too many tracks off of it except for Just Wanna Party and Really Be.

I never really listened to him before so when he started rapping I was like does dude always sound like this? caught me off guard

Tyler's mugshot for apparently inciting a riot during SXSW

overcast

Sounds like Tyler did incite a riot. Stupid.

I keep replaying Pinata. Too bad I'm not a big fan of the way the album finishes with the last 2 songs.

Sounds like Tyler did incite a riot. Stupid.

I keep replaying Pinata. Too bad I'm not a big fan of the way the album finishes with the last 2 songs.

The Bonus tracks should let it end on a better note, but I've only heard Deep and Terrorist though.

Lakers is such a great song. My new West Coast Anthem.

Man. Went into work this morning and a woman straight up shit her pants and on the floor at the registers

Then took the shitty diaper off in the middle of the Store and put it on the counter.

What a world.

I was walking had they asked me to clean it

PBY

Banned
Man. Went into work this morning and a woman straight up shit her pants and on the floor at the registers

Then took the shitty diaper off in the middle of the Store and put it on the counter.

What a world.

I was walking had they asked me to clean it
What job is this.

Also dark souls sucks lol. Can't get out of the first area.

Esch

Banned
What job is this.

Also dark souls sucks lol. Can't get out of the first area.
Game isn't fun. Im pretty sure I would have liked it in high school but I dont have the patience for trial and error bullshit anymore. I dont think its really about difficulty though, it would be dope if your character had a moveset like Dante or Ryu but really the game plays like a shitty ugly version of Zelda with more replay value. I haven't played the 2nd and I dont plan on it.

Cheddahz

Banned
Game isn't fun. Im pretty sure I would have liked it in high school but I dont have the patience for trial and error bullshit anymore. I dont think its really about difficulty though, it would be dope if your character had a moveset like Dante or Ryu but really the game plays like a shitty ugly version of Zelda with more replay value. I haven't played the 2nd and I dont plan on it.

The first one was just slow for me and I highly doubt I'll try the second one

Dark souls is crack. It does take a lot of patience though, you can't ever get greedy and you need to be on your toes all the time. Also peterboy all you have to do is simply look around lol, just explore a tiny bit and you'll progress. There is no wrong direction in ds2 and with the fast travel system you can just go somewhere else if you get stuck.

The whole fantasy genre, the likes of wow, dark souls and skyrim don't appeal to me at all.

The only game I like that even comes close to that is the ninja gaiden series. Those games are the truth.

Was at a house party the other night with some people who aren't exactly rap fans when I hear that busta kanye qtip song come on and everyone was loving it. No idea what the song was but it was fantastic

Edit: Esch I see you in that college thread. Shit like that reminds me of how nerdy gaf can be god damn. Noise complaints at 2am on a sarurday, smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom