• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole fantasy genre, the likes of wow, dark souls and skyrim don't appeal to me at all.

The only game I like that even comes close to that is the ninja gaiden series. Those games are the truth.

Was at a house party the other night with some people who aren't exactly rap fans when I hear that busta kanye qtip song come on and everyone was loving it. No idea what the song was but it was fantastic

this?

thabiz

tried to get into the first dark souls, and just couldnt do it. esch is right. i dont have time for the trial and error bullshit.

I don't get the association of trial and error to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. To me trial and error means it's something I cannot stop from happening to me within the first try. I can think of 2 moments where that happens in Dark Souls and that's including the tutorial boss fight. Everything else you can easily avoid it if you pay attention to your surroundings. I actually really hated Demon's Souls when it first came out, I thought it was too slow for me then I maybe 2 years after having the game I cleared most of my backlog and gave it another shot. Ended up loving it and blazed through the game, it ended up being easy.

What thread?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785493

I laugh at the thought of him calling RA because he couldn't sleep, then when the police pops up he decides he wants to make a gaf thread about it. TAKE YOUR ASS TO BED YOU ALREADY RUINED A PARTY

big ander

I mean, I think he did the right thing, but he shouldn't had made a thread about it

C'mon, saturday night st. paddy's weekend. Even if he did for some reason have something he needed rest for, how is it not easier to knock on the door and say like "Hey I have this interview Monday that I'm preparing for tomorrow, would it be cool to turn the music down some? thanks man." Or put on headphones and be asleep. If it's already 2 a dorm party's gonna be over in like 2 hours tops.

Cheddahz

Banned
Cheddahz pls

C'mon, saturday night st. paddy's weekend. Even if he did for some reason have something he needed rest for, how is it not easier to knock on the door and say like "Hey I have this interview Monday that I'm preparing for tomorrow, would it be cool to turn the music down some? thanks man." Or put on headphones and be asleep. If it's already 2 a dorm party's gonna be over in like 2 hours tops.

No he didnt. He threw those guys in the bushes instead of having the social skills to politely ask them to keep it down.

Nerds, man

I kinda just glanced at the thread, so I don't know all of the details, but if he didn't even try to talk to them, then yeah, it's a dick move. On another note, it's St Pattys weekend?

Lol, just read that thread. Smh...

I don't necessarily think the kid did anything wrong, he shoulda just knocked and asked them to turn that shit down, but if you can't do that, let an RA do it. That's cool. The RA probably fucked up by calling the cops.

Reminds me of this one time I was leaving a buddys dorm. I was putting a case of beer in my trunk of my car, and the RA approached me started threatening to call the cops. I told him to go ahead, and just started walking home, figuring I'd get my car in the morning. I lived just off campus. The campus cop saw me, and asked if I was the guy the RA called him for. I said yeah and explained the situation, he told me to go back and get my car, and I was good. He said he also yelled at the RA's for calling him for a non-issue at 3 AM.

I don't get the association of trial and error to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. To me trial and error means it's something I cannot stop from happening to me within the first try. I can think of 2 moments where that happens in Dark Souls and that's including the tutorial boss fight. Everything else you can easily avoid it if you pay attention to your surroundings. I actually really hated Demon's Souls when it first came out, I thought it was too slow for me then I maybe 2 years after having the game I cleared most of my backlog and gave it another shot. Ended up loving it and blazed through the game, it ended up being easy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785493
Its not trial and error.

thabiz

I would call a Knight lurking in the shadows that's basically a one hit kill, trial and error. Game is rife with that shit

Esch

Banned
I would call a Knight lurking in the shadows that's basically a one hit kill, trial and error. Game is rife with that shit
Yeah pretty much... I guess some people are good enough at games to negate that shit? Because my experience with dark souls was a lot of patient hit and run and memorizing attack pattern type stuff.

Yeah pretty much... I guess some people are good enough at games to negate that shit?

Sure, but to me how can something be trial and error for some players but not all? That doesn't make sense to me. In my mind trial and error is something that is universal amongst all players otherwise for example someone like my cousin who has to play every game on easy could go into any game on normal and start calling them trial and error, because he isn't used to playing it at such a level.

Detox

You all need some DOTA in your lives, valve took an insanely popular game and added all the small stuff that psychologically hit the right notes to be more addicting. Nothing is more beautiful when everything goes well and nothing is as bad when it goes disastrously.

You all need some DOTA in your lives, valve took an insanely popular game and added all the small stuff that psychologically hit the right notes to be more addicting. Nothing is more beautiful when everything goes well and nothing is as bad when it goes disastrously.

I tried to get into it but I sucked got my ass beat and then quit. I should try again and not get frustrated when I do jack shit.

Shit makes you want to throw your computer out the window

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dark Souls is about trial and error if you don't learn anything while playing. If you're not about learning in games and just want how to beat the game told to you up front or want a game defined by tutorials, then it's not for you. The satisfaction of the game comes from you instinctively learning something, and the game not coaxing you into learning that a roll is effective against enemies that glow yellow, etc.

Trey

I prefer fighters as competitive games.

overcast

Platformers are sometimes trial and error, and it's my favorite genre. Shit is so satisfying when you hit the right jump.

I have yet to have a cop break up a party I was at, though a fight ended a great one a few years back. Lame shit.

Kind of worried I'll miss out on college parties. Going to be transferring to university in fall 2015 at the earliest. I'll be 22 or so. I guess that's not too late at all actually.

I really only play Fighting Games and League of Legends.

Adventure games can barely keep my attention anymore, I've been finding it a chore to even play them. After about maybe 2 hours of Skyrim I had to put that shit down because it was straight nyquil in my veins.

Courage

I really only play Fighting Games and League of Legends.

Adventure games can barely keep my attention anymore, I've been finding it a chore to even play them. After about maybe 2 hours of Skyrim I had to put that shit down because it was straight nyquil in my veins.

That's cause you were playing Skyrim breh. Game sucks ass.

Yeah pretty much... I guess some people are good enough at games to negate that shit? Because my experience with dark souls was a lot of patient hit and run and memorizing attack pattern type stuff.
All you have to do is pay attention breh. That big badass monster looking thing over there? Yeah it will probably fuck you up, let's avoid him for now and go another direction. Or poke him and see if you can stand a chance and run away if not. If there's a wall, you can usually just go in another direction. But the game does require a lot of time, there is not casual pick up and play to be had here.

Esch

Banned

League of Legends..

Play MOBA, brehs

mj-laughing.gif

All you have to do is pay attention breh. That big badass monster looking thing over there? Yeah it will probably fuck you up, let's avoid him for now and go another direction. Or poke him and see if you can stand a chance and run away if not. If there's a wall, you can usually just go in another direction. But the game does require a lot of time, there is not casual pick up and play to be had here.
I know. I hate backtracking and hit and run. That shit is boring to me.

I mostly play adventure or strategy games tho, occasionally stealth.

thabiz

Speaking of stealth, I'm enjoying thief. It's not Omg incredible, but it's scratching that stealth itch.

Waiting on infamous.

I agree with Esch actually. the Moba community is BY FAR the worst I've ever experienced. Still hard to stay away from it :(. Sometimes I do stupid shit on purpose just to see people flip out lol

Esch

Banned
No way it's worse than cod on xbox.

MOBA is way worse. COD is just some chiefed up teenagers playing some shooters and running their mouths. MOBA attracts a very specific type of block stacking OCD basement dwelling freak, just like MMOs did. You gotta play it to see it.

Game isn't fun. Im pretty sure I would have liked it in high school but I dont have the patience for trial and error bullshit anymore. I dont think its really about difficulty though, it would be dope if your character had a moveset like Dante or Ryu but really the game plays like a shitty ugly version of Zelda with more replay value. I haven't played the 2nd and I dont plan on it.

Dark Souls with DMC gameplay would be amazing but it wouldn't be Dark Souls anymore. On one hand I understand what you mean because that slow combat pacing is what puts me off the game as well, but Souls gonna Souls.

moba is basically taking the worst aspects and communities of arpgs, rts', and MMO gaming and combining them into one. shits pretty dope if you like grinding while being called a f****t by 12 year olds tho

I mean, I've never really played computer games until League so I don't really know the community of MMO's and etc, but there isn't really a whole lot of grinding to league. It's just a 5v5 matchmaking game, of course not all the people you play with will be mature or adults, but that's with every game really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom