• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to explain? The beta was excellent and a shit ton of fun. Final release would obviously differ, but I would expect for the better.

Courage

So destiny is garbage itseems?

It's babby's first MMO tbh. The loot system is trash (most good weapons are at vendors), there's one area per planet, and some glaringly obvious issues that they should have addressed (still no fucking game chat, and they delayed reviews so the world is "populated"; what's the point if you can't talk to anyone).

It's still a good game though. Just not as in-depth as I thought it'd be.

Esch

Banned
Roger Goodell....

fall on your sword for a woman beating pos, brehs

ijBr34ip5ztFT.gif

Joeki11a

Banned

Stop it slime

get 5 friends and enjoy the best Co-op gaming ever in the history of gaming.

Dont play this by yourself, this is a 1-6 game
at all times

This game is tough to, alot of the crying comes from suckas that cant deal with the Hives

cdyhybrid

Stop it slime

get 5 friends and enjoy the best Co-op gaming ever in the history of gaming.

Dont play this by yourself, this is a 1-6 game
at all times

This game is tough to, alot of the crying comes from suckas that cant deal with the Hives

x3gqUGl.png

And people wonder why the games GAF hypes always disappoint.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Destiny is good if you care about shooters having good gunplay, if you like shooters that focus on other stuff first and gunplay and level design afterwards, you'll probably be disappointed. 30s loop is in full effect, and it is glorious.

The multiplayer is also surprisingly well balanced considering how they handle variability. So many great design decisions in the game, but it's not for everyone. It's not meant to be Diablo or an MMO. Go into it expecting Diablo/Borderlands/WoW and you will be disappointed. It's weird; it has all of the good parts of the loot drive, yet simultaneously manages to carry the strengths of games that don't rely on best loot = autowin and more standardized combat tools. It's rough around the edges, but I think the hate mostly stems from it being popular. Same sort of critiques arise when this happens with other games, and I think many of them are unfounded or people are quick to look past them when they're favourite game is under the magnifying glass (i.e. storytelling).

Two biggest problems thus far are AI (ranging from absolutely brilliant to pop your head out and die; more often the latter) and actually getting into a fireteam and having that seamless co-op in-and-out-world experience that they keep boasting about. That's a big part of their marketing and it doesn't feel very good. No one will accept my fucking invites because nobody is told how the party system works, so I'm playing the meat of the content solo, which is pretty antithetic to the design of the game.

Cheddahz

Banned

It's nothing special, but it has a nice design to the game (visually and the sound design is tight) and the game is fun as shit to play with other people (just played with my dad for a few missions)

If you have people to play it with, then get it and if you don't, don't get it

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
guess I'll just wait for a sale to pick up Destiny. really liked the gunplay in the beta but idk about spending $60 to do that over and over again for 12+ hours.

Joeki11a

Banned
x3gqUGl.png

And people wonder why the games GAF hypes always disappoint.

Go ahead show me a game that has done $500 Mil in 24 hours, go ahead.

btw this game is basically the Alpha Beta millions played, clearly if it was bad it wouldnt have sold like it did, remember many played this before released.

This game is the best new IP this gen period.

Courage

Destiny is good if you care about shooters having good gunplay, if you like shooters that focus on other stuff first and gunplay and level design afterwards, you'll probably be disappointed. 30s loop is in full effect, and it is glorious.

The multiplayer is also surprisingly well balanced considering how they handle variability. So many great design decisions in the game, but it's not for everyone. It's not meant to be Diablo or an MMO. Go into it expecting Diablo/Borderlands/WoW and you will be disappointed. It's weird; it has all of the good parts of the loot drive, yet simultaneously manages to carry the strengths of games that don't rely on best loot = autowin and more standardized combat tools. It's rough around the edges, but I think the hate mostly stems from it being popular. Same sort of critiques arise when this happens with other games, and I think many of them are unfounded or people are quick to look past them when they're favourite game is under the magnifying glass (i.e. storytelling).

Two biggest problems thus far are AI (ranging from absolutely brilliant to pop your head out and die; more often the latter) and actually getting into a fireteam and having that seamless co-op in-and-out-world experience that they keep boasting about. That's a big part of their marketing and it doesn't feel very good. No one will accept my fucking invites because nobody is told how the party system works, so I'm playing the meat of the content solo, which is pretty antithetic to the design of the game.

Why can't I expect Borderlands/WoW to a degree exactly? A huge portion of the game revolves around customizing your character, and most of the viable gear I get in order to do so come from vendors. I'm not saying it should be a fully fledged MMO, but have worthwhile loot, especially if I spend an hour or two trying to beat a Strike. There's no sense of accomplishment if all I get is some glimmer and XP. It's my biggest issue with the game, along with the limited exploration per planet and the inconsistent AI (like you said).

Cheddahz

Banned

btw this game is basically the Alpha Beta millions played, clearly if it was bad it wouldnt have sold like it did, remember many played this before released.

Wait, who are you?

Really liked the beta (ty based enzo) so decided to pick it up.

well.. the money I spent was from that gamestop promotion so I didn't really lose anything if I don't really mess with it. Will save money from me getting an Xbone tho

Courage

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Joeki11a

Banned
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Youre just not realizing that it is a fact
Gaming as a whole is helped by the
Success of Destiny.

Dont jump on the bandwagon later on btw
this IP is here to dominate for 10 years,
gaming has a new IP that helps gaming.

JohnDoe

Banned
Who the fucking shit are you anyway?

"Gaming as a whole is helped by the
Success of Destiny."

You're probably trolling, but if you aren't, get this gaming-side basement dweller shit out of here breh.

Courage

How the fuck does that make it good? Did cacophony ask "Destiny is bombing it seems?" No, he asked if it's garbage. There's no bandwagon to jump on. You're just being an idiot.

Gaming as a whole is helped by the
Success of Destiny.

this IP is here to dominate for 10 years,
gaming has a new IP that helps gaming.

Lol, did this guy just swoop in to defend Destiny?

Not even Kanye Stans are that bad...

Detox

Destiny came 5, 6 years too late pretty sure it was Jason Jones' baby right after halo 1. Back then the scope of the game would have been unchallengeable but things done changed. In 2014 when you hear about some of the features of destiny you extrapolate and have bigger ideas because of the progress we have seen in various games. They might be able to deliver by destiny 3.

One of the reasons I have no interest currently in any of the consoles is the features required to develop a strong community have bypassed the devs. You got league and dota creating communities that can raise tens of millions in months, tens and sometimes hundreds of thousands watching live games. Minecraft might be selling tons on consoles but that games successes lives and dies based on its PC community. Valve also pulled off a miracle saving cs go after its initially abysmal numbers; this kind of stuff can't be done on consoles they are too front loaded and their publishers who are the gatekeepers aren't in it for the long run for a single title.

Joeki11a

Banned
Seriously, did you just pop in here cause someone asked if Destiny is hot garbage?

Who said this is your little place to hide?

I can express my counter view on anything

what is this anti destiny phase from Pc fanatics?
or many that never even played it with
6 other friends all destroying Hives and titans

Stop it slime play the game beyond Level 20 and the right way with friends.

Calling a Bungie product "hot garbage"?
what are you Wakafloka fan or something?

Cheddahz

Banned
Music as a whole is helped by the
Success of Yeezus.

this god is here to dominate for 10 years,
music has a new god that helps god.

Courage

Destiny came 5, 6 years too late pretty sure it was Jason Jones' baby right after halo 1. Back then the scope of the game would have been unchallengeable but things done changed. In 2014 when you hear about some of the features of destiny you extrapolate and have bigger ideas because of the progress we have seen in various games. They might be able to deliver by destiny 3.

One of the reasons I have no interest currently in any of the consoles is the features required to develop a strong community have bypassed them. You got league and dota creating communities that can raise tens of millions in months, tens and sometimes hundreds of thousands watching live games. Minecraft might be selling tons on consoles but that games successes lives and dies based on its PC community. Valve also pulled off a miracle saving cs go after its initially abysmal numbers; this kind of stuff can't be done on consoles they are too front loaded and their publishers who are the gatekeepers aren't in it for the long run for a single title.

This is a good point. It's why there's never been a successful and/or good console MMO.

Cheddahz

Banned

what is this anti destiny from Pc fanatics?

6 other friends?

Stop it slime

This is a damn hip hop thread in the section that doesn't even involve gaming. Why the fuck would you think "Oh damn, these dudes are talking shit about Destiny, well I need to go defend this masterpiece in a FUCKING HIP HOP THREAD"?

We really don't give a shit and it's not really helping out gaming anyways (more companies will be forced to spend more money to develop games, which kinda kill publishers/developers)

what is this anti destiny phase from Pc fanatics?
6 other friends all destroying Hives and titans

Stop it slime play the game beyond Level 20 and the right way with friends.

Calling a Bungie product "hot garbage"?
what are you Wakafloka fan or something?

lmao, this guy catchin feelings cause somebody asked if the game was good or not, and some peopel said, nah it wasn't. We probably would've immediately moved on to making of Thugger or something, but you had to come and make it weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom