• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Kanye is the Valve of gaming. Sees little things here and there on steam and greenlight, buys them, gives them a pittance for their creative output, stamps their label on it and then portrays themselves as creative geniuses. Meanwhile, nobody but nerds have played their shit in public since 2006.

flabbynsick.png

Impossible, Kanye released his third album pretty much right on schedule.

thabiz

Kanye is the Valve of gaming. Sees little things here and there on steam and greenlight, buys them, gives them a pittance for their creative output, stamps their label on it and then portrays themselves as creative geniuses. Meanwhile, nobody but nerds have played their shit in public since 2006.

flabbynsick.png

image.png

flabbynsick.png

butimthebest.gif

IrishNinja

Let's get this back to Hip-Hop albums,singles,moments that made you a fan of Hip-Hop ?

fuck hip hop tho

Nothing dusty about a higher plane of existence, my man.

maaan look at that line...PC GAF tries hard, not as hard as console warriors but it's two sides of the same coin. mods & options are awesome but if you really buy into that master race mess, you're a herb, is the thing

Destiny is the first mainstream FPS in years to actually have something to say.

should've been the OT's subtitle

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Let's get this back to Hip-Hop albums,singles,moments that made you a fan of Hip-Hop ?

generic white boy answer incoming.

Eminem was the guy that immediately came to mind but I'm not all that sure why. only just listened to SSLP, MMLP, and Eminem Show to completion a couple of years ago.

Dr. Dre as well. The Next Episode and Still D.R.E. remain two of my favorite songs of all time.

Macca

This game is ever evolving, they will support this like an MMO even though its MMO lite,

Game is Fun man, but not by yourself doing story missions, this isnt one of those games
this is a true co-op experience.
lol unlike you bruh I'm not in the dark with wu music. I've listened to every album from every clan member AND killa bees. instead of being in the dark and jumping on the Ugod sucks bandwagon you should listen to his work. not even just albums because obviously you'd tell anyone that ugod has no classic or dope verses on the "must have" wu albums.

maaan look at that line...PC GAF tries hard, not as hard as console warriors but it's two sides of the same coin. mods & options are awesome but if you really buy into that master race mess, you're a herb, is the thing

Lol, I was into PCs cause my folks didn't have the money to keep up on consoles, we had a pc and shit lasted forever till it died, then we'd get a new one. Also all my old 90s games were on PC. Nothing against consoles...

Anyways onto Hip-Hop...

This might seem dusty and admittedly so, I think the first two things that got me into Hip-Hop was Wu-Tang ( the Kill Bill Soundtrack introduced me to RZA, after which I got 36 Chambers), and NWA, cause they had the same attitude as Garage Rock and Punk. After I got into them, I started listening to more and more from that era, till I thought I should listen to more modern stuff, and started in on Jay-Z, Kanye, Jeezy, Wayne (This was around 2006-2008) etc...

So in regards, I was relatively new to the genre. Idk, I liked the attitude of it, which drew me in gradually all the other aspects (party vibes, lyrics, production, etc) came to be appreciated, but it felt like punk, and Garage Rock sooo that's how I got into it.

IrishNinja

the last few pages have just been a collection of gambino L's....tis fuckery season indeed

lol unlike you bruh I'm not in the dark with wu music. I've listened to every album from every clan member AND killa bees. instead of being in the dark and jumping on the Ugod sucks bandwagon you should listen to his work. not even just albums because obviously you'd tell anyone that ugod has no classic or dope verses on the "must have" wu albums.

i0bMN7J2tqPxV.gif

PC elitist GAF is the majority of the reason why Gaming is unbearable to post in nowadays TBH. There is no form of shitpost that goes unmoderated more than that. Next up is probably general feelings being caught over preferences.

i respect the protection of endangered species but yeah, shit gets crazy. i'm not gonna front like various console defense forces (sony holds the flag right now) aint wylin out either though

Esch

Banned
his act is fucking nauseating.
Nauseating? He's just kind of a goofy regular guy that raps like Lil Wayne about being a nerd. What's so nauseating about that? I mean hes a little obnoxiously twee at times, but....He's just the black male Zooey Deschannel.

image.php

Nauseating? He's just kind of a goofy regular guy that raps like Lil Wayne about being a nerd. What's so nauseating about that? I mean hes a little obnoxiously twee at times, but....He's just the black male Zooey Deschannel.

:dead:

thabiz

her too

someone pass me a gun.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We need this fuckery to bring us into a post-Cheddahz era of GAF-Hop brehs.

GAF-Hop has slowed up, not just from lack of big releases and stuff but from a lot of OGs going from infrequently posting to barely at all or gone.

Spread love to the GAF Freshmen Class. Which one of y'all will be Troy Ave doe?

DominoKid

lmao toku where you find these gifs at?

folks aint trying to entertain that cornball shit from a dude. he can keep that to himself.

Macca with the heat per usual

IrishNinja

tokus will never reveal his anime gif secrets, bruh

and i ran a fine gaf-hop OT with a bootlegged OP while esh was locked up; this thread will liven up when shit drops is all

oh and OG's are great but let's not overhype them (i think i'm one?) at the expense of some of these newer dudes outchea

Esch

Banned
i respect the protection of endangered species but yeah, shit gets crazy. i'm not gonna front like various console defense forces (sony holds the flag right now) aint wylin out either though

I mean, some people are dicks about it and all (me included), but here's the facts, copy pasted.
Segata Sanshiro said:
- Last gen, almost every company lost money over the course of the generation. Maybe two or three came out ahead of where they were when the whole thing started. That info is available in public financial statements.
- More developers went out of business than any prior generation. Also a matter of public record. Many new devs sprung up, but few of them do console work, instead opting for the safer pastures of PC and mobile. And usually small-scale indie-type stuff.
- Japan, one of the historical three major console markets (and the only one where PCs are a non-factor), have lost interest entirely in console games. Also a matter of public record, see Media-Create or Famitsu data.
- Games cost more to make this generation than last. That needs no proof, I'd assume.
- The overall console market is smaller than it was last generation at this time. A big chunk of that is Nintendo fumbling out, but third parties made a ton of easy money on Nintendo last gen to offset HD console losses, and that isn't going to happen this time. On top of that, the Xbox One is not doing well at all. Every position (1st, 2nd, 3rd) has sold through fewer consoles than the same position last gen had at this time. Smaller market = lower potential software sales.
- Meanwhile PC and mobile sales are great, rising year over year, with considerably lower budgets to boot. It's a very attractive alternative.*

* paragraph credited to Segata Sanshiro/Oscar the Grouch, former gaf legend and NPD wizard.

So really at this point it's not about ohhh those PC guys etc are elitists. It's really just about probable outcomes. You've been on gaf a long time no? Do you remember how long it took for the PS360 and its software to become profitable? It's like that, but more expensive and less people buying it.

IrishNinja

ehh again i don't really fuck with sales age - if i wanted to hear opiate on about how everything is going to ios i'd have plenty of posts to listen to - but you did quote one of my favorite gaffers & his points are quite true; ive hated seeing so many of my favorite devs either close or become konami/capcom, and honestly there's not a ton on the horizon i'm super excited about at the moment. my tastes can be kinda weird though so i'm mostly diffing in the crates this gen so far.

for real though, i get why PC is a great (and thriving) platform, i just don't need to hear its evangelists. i was sold in the mid to late aughts when all my prior qualms (cost, controller support, patching being more of a chore etc) were long gone & became a believer, but again the salespeople are mostly terrible.

esh is segata on not-gaf or where are you pulling that from? i miss dude

I saw kamspy in gaming side and siddx posted here like a week ago I think. No black ace though makes everything weird, still feels off in here.

IrishNinja

I saw kamspy in gaming side and siddx posted here like a week ago I think. No black ace though makes everything weird, still feels off in here.

it's been said, but shit hasn't been the same since that all went down. been thinking more about migrating with each passing day.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The only points that mention PC games don't tell the whole story and the rest of the points apply to all platforms.

PC is only a safer pasture if you're talking facebook games, and even still, indie games are not a safe venture at all. Lower budgets for PC games is a pretty broad strokes assumption too. Yeah, maybe, if all game's min spec is an Apple II and there is no care for hardware optimization, which can make the difference and makes all the difference in many games. To go further, I wouldn't say there is any "safe" place or circumstance to make games today. You see all of these Japanese companies pouring everything into those ventures and some being on the verge of collapse because of it.

And even still, most discussion about the advantages of PC as a platform are not like that. I wouldn't call that post elitist, just biased, and usually combos well into elitist posts.

we got ghost modding now

Esch

Banned
ehh again i don't really fuck with sales age - if i wanted to hear opiate on about how everything is going to ios i'd have plenty of posts to listen to - but you did quote one of my favorite gaffers & his points are quite true; ive hated seeing so many of my favorite devs either close or become konami/capcom, and honestly there's not a ton on the horizon i'm super excited about at the moment. my tastes can be kinda weird though so i'm mostly diffing in the crates this gen so far.

for real though, i get why PC is a great (and thriving) platform, i just don't need to hear its evangelists. i was sold in the mid to late aughts when all my prior qualms (cost, controller support, patching being more of a chore etc) were long gone & became a believer, but again the salespeople are mostly terrible.
I'm just saying, the console market's future is pretty bleak. It's high investment, low return for all the devs that have sprung up on PC and mobile. You can consider that like, the opposite of the early 00s when high end PC development suffered heavily from piracy and a lot of those guys ported stuff to consoles badly. It was worth the investment then, because of costs and install bases. And of course high investment low returns means... Not many exclusives, and very few ambitious ones. So yeah there are some people just being dicks to console only fans, but also some people just laying some harsh #realities on the table that "traditional" hardcore console gamers have to take a look at. And yes they're being snobby about it. But that's what happens when you're the whipping boy for years then start winning.

Yes, Segata posts as Oscar the Grouch on The Bore. It's okay, you can say it. Half the current or old mod staff posts there now. Evilore has an account there, so i figure it's okay.

Esch

Banned
Who from the GAF-HOP posters would most likely be a mod? enzo?

Nobody. Maybe enzo, yeah. Most people who become mods post a lot (also very lengthy non troll posts), in the OT and/or Gaming, and have been around for a while. I'd say Pickles would be perfect, but his account is too young and he's not willing to lurk #GA and argue with morons all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom