• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

Hello gaf hoppers! I would like to tell you all about a new game called Destiny! It is from the creators of the Halo series, and is here to change the landscape of gaming forever. I hope you all enjoy it!!!

Tokubetsu

Hello gaf hoppers! I would like to tell you all about a new game called Destiny! It is from the creators of the Halo series, and is here to change the landscape of gaming forever. I hope you all enjoy it!!!

I am enjoying it a great deal. Thanks.

jVvbK1U.jpg

Does anyone care?

The Kendrick song is pretty ehhhh.

HiResDes

It's so good guys, trust me on this one, kind of gives me Cilvia vibes, but might even edge it out. Don't let the size of the image art fool you, I'd cover the entire page with it if I could.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
What's this Destiny game everyone is goin on about?

Ya'll ain't making little Yeezus sims and taking over the world in the sims 4?

Scust.

Cheddahz

Banned
What's this Destiny game everyone is goin on about?

Ya'll ain't making little Yeezus sims and taking over the world in the sims 4?

Scust.
Nah, I've been playing The Sims 2 for ten years now and after the shitty launch of The Sims 3, I won't be buying The Sims 4 until it's on sale
sorry man :(

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The Sims was pretty fuckin dope but it sounds like EA (unsuprisingly) really gimped the new one to make room for fucktons of expansions and microtransactions. RIP Maxis and Sim-anything, I'll never forget u.

Courage

It's so good guys, trust me on this one, kind of gives me Cilvia vibes, but might even edge it out. Don't let the size of the image art fool you, I'd cover the entire page with it if I could.

Woooow, this is great. You weren't kidding about the Cilvia vibes.

This production is some of the best I've heard this year.

Mau ®

Hello Gaf-Hop!

POPGAF is celebrating Ten OT's of flawless music with a competition. We're doing a Battle Royale of our faves and you guys are invited to vote!

I know some of you enjoy popstars with urban influences like Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj and Rihanna, among others. You guys are welcome to send a PM to the event's organizer Soulscribe with your list of favorite female divas. You can only send ten (no order or ranking necesary) but if you only like 3 divas then you can just send those 3. We hope you all join us in our celebration!

Have a blessed day!

Cheddahz

Banned
Mau ®;129503642 said:
Hello Gaf-Hop!

POPGAF is celebrating Ten OT's of flawless music with a competition. We're doing a Battle Royale of our faves and you guys are invited to vote!

I know some of you enjoy popstars with urban influences like Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj and Rihanna, among others. You guys are welcome to send a PM to the event's organizer Soulscribe with your list of favorite female divas. You can only send ten (no order or ranking necesary) but if you only like 3 divas then you can just send those 3. We hope you all join us in our celebration!

Have a blessed day!

I'll probably send my divas after class!

Mau ®

Who qualifies as a "Diva"?

Female popstars in this case. People like Mariah, Beyoncé, Rihanna, etc etc.

Obviously alternative artists like Bjork, Grimes and so are also considered. Just as female rappers like Nicki, Missy Elliot, Azealia Banks and so are also considered :)

My top 5 contemporary POP divas:

1. Rihanna
  2. Charli XCX
  3. Beyonce
  4. Ariana Grande
  5. Shakira

Lykke
Lana
Charli

Are my top 3 but I don't listen to a lot of that stuff.

That's a fine selection of artists! Make sure to send them to Soulscribe so he adds them to the database!

overcast

Mau ®;129503642 said:
Hello Gaf-Hop!

Have a blessed day!
In.
drakeswag.gif

ehh i liked Heavy Rain (shit was tense) but the plot & voice acting was booty.

That's cause it sucks. Seriously, it's horrible at even basic gameplay and all the QT prompts are dumb and are used for everything from taking a piss to getting up from a fucking chair. The only thing a game like that should be at is plot and voice acting. Yet the former is beyond terrible compared to even any game(which suck at plot in general due to being games) and the VA is worse of all time status.

David Cage's presence in general is a gigantic hanging L on the face of video games. Shit is completely awful, putrid crap that needs to be erased for us to move forward as a species.

Bjork has so many GREAT albums, it's amazing when you think about it. That run from Debut to Vespertine is stunning.

Outside of her my favorites, pop and otherwise:

-Fiona Apple: speaking of great album runs, she has never released a bad album
-Emiliana Torrini: Love in the Time of Science is an underrated trip-hop album
-Neko Case: Alt-country bliss. Great song writer.
-Joanna Newsom: Have One On Me is one of the best 10 albums of the decade IMO

St. Vincent is dope too.

Mau ®

Bjork has so many GREAT albums, it's amazing when you think about it. That run from Debut to Vespertine is stunning.

Outside of her my favorites, pop and otherwise:

-Fiona Apple: speaking of great album runs, she has never released a bad album
-Emiliana Torrini: Love in the Time of Science is an underrated trip-hop album
-Neko Case: Alt-country bliss. Great song writer.
-Joanna Newsom: Have One On Me is one of the best 10 albums of the decade IMO

St. Vincent is dope too.

YES! Flawless taste!

I can already see Bjork getting a nice healthy boost in the competition with the GAF-Hop love she seems to be getting!

Esch

Banned
Mau ®;129503642 said:
Hello Gaf-Hop!

Have a blessed day!
Is this an all time or contemporary/modern thing fam?

Touchdown

Banned
Not to influence anybody's votes but I would like to make the case for the Fairy Godmother of all divas and pop music in general, Ms. Mariah Carey.

ib1M2kp4BHzv3q.gif

iboTzGS7zZEDaQ.gif

She was just recently named The Ultimate Pop Star of All Time by Time Magazine, ahead of many lessers.

And being that this is Gaf-Hop, most of y'all already know her historic influence on bridging Hip-Hop and Pop music together.

tumblr_mff9nvVNCp1rrvheyo1_500.png

tumblr_m9n462xbsI1qck9hho6_250.gif

tumblr_nbmio58HGb1qkdh9eo2_250.gif
tumblr_nbmio58HGb1qkdh9eo5_250.gif
tumblr_nbmio58HGb1qkdh9eo4_r1_250.gif

So when you make your contributions, don't forget to include the one and only, often imitated never duplicated, Mariah Carey. Thank you.

Esch

Banned
Dating eminem is Mariah ' s only failing. What a colossal mistake

mjlol.png
date guys who recorded demonic songs about black women, raping their moms and murdering their wives brehs.

My mom is 60 and has only heard one Mariah Carey song in full - the duet with Whitney Houston. She "knows" who Mariah is but isn't familiar with her music at all, and doesn't like the few songs she has previewed on youtube. I thought it was weird given how much she likes female pop and r&b. Maybe Carey is too "new" for her, but that's like what....early 90s? She likes 90s and beyond Whitney Houston.

But her fave is Tina Turner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom