• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I might be the only one who was really feeling Mac Miller - Faces tape. I actually like it more than his last album. I feel like this is much more of a showcase for his improved rapping skills and especially writing. It's crazy long, but it has so many highs. If only he could condense his projects a bit more

Edit: Also, Sir Michael Rocks had a really great verse on the tape too

cacophony

this big sean

833423801.gif

fuck dj mustard

IrishNinja

hey while ya'll talkin bout miller & sean & these recycle bin classics, i heard kim put out a mixtape too

might as well pour some of ya finite existence into that as well

PBY

Banned
BREHS YE IS COMING TO TAKE ALL THE ASSES

YUNG GAWD LA FLAME REALIZING HE IN THE PRESENCE OF THE GOAT

YEEZY TAKEOVER INCOMING

You know I might be the only one who was really feeling Mac Miller - Faces tape. I actually like it more than his last album. I feel like this is much more of a showcase for his improved rapping skills and especially writing. It's crazy long, but it has so many highs. If only he could condense his projects a bit more

Edit: Also, Sir Michael Rocks had a really great verse on the tape too
I completely forgot to listen to it

the real kanye cycle:

1. First listen disappointment
2. Disillusionment
3. Denial
4. Convincing yourself the album is good
5. Convincing others the album is a timeless classic

Cheddahz

Banned
the real kanye cycle:

2. Disillusionment
3. Denial

More like "the real graduation, 808s & heartbreak, and my beautiful dark twisted fantasy cycle"

Esch

Banned
the real kanye cycle:

2. Disillusionment
3. Denial
Interesting model of the Kanye stan cycle, but the Chicago School of Medicine proposed this alternate theory after conducting a lot of research and I think it makes sense.

1. Confusion - "What the fuck is this? It's like he just haphazardly threw a bunch of shit together. It makes no sense. This shit is wack. It doesn't even go hard in the whip."

2. Dilemma - "It can't be, everything he releases is a classic. Kanye is supposed to be on the cutting edge. Nobody's playing this shit on the radio. J. Cole sold more units. "

3. Depression - "Well, I don't have any role models in my life besides Kanye West. I have no values, what am I going to do now?

4. Bargaining - "At least i have ________ (sports team that I support because they have lots of titles). I can move past this. It's just one wack album. Maybe i'll just start listening to indie rock again."

5. Bargaining pt. 2 after several listens - " This album is genius. I'm starting to see how it all came together. It's not just a bunch of random shit. So what if nobody but bloggers listened to it? If you're not feeling this, you're just ignorant. New slaves."

6. Stan - Self explanatory.

big ander

Interesting model of the Kanye stan cycle, but the Chicago School of Medicine proposed this alternate theory after conducting a lot of research and I think it makes sense.

1. Confusion - "What the fuck is this? It's like he just haphazardly threw a bunch of shit together. It makes no sense. This shit is wack. It doesn't even go hard in the whip."

2. Dilemma - "It can't be, everything he releases is a classic. Kanye is supposed to be on the cutting edge. Nobody's playing this shit on the radio. J. Cole sold more units. "

3. Depression - "Well, I don't have any role models in my life besides Kanye West. I have no values, what am I going to do now?

4. Bargaining - "At least i have ________ (sports team that I support because they have lots of titles). I can move past this. It's just one wack album. Maybe i'll just start listening to indie rock again."

5. Bargaining pt. 2 after several listens - " This album is genius. I'm starting to see how it all came together. It's not just a bunch of random shit. So what if nobody but bloggers listened to it? If you're not feeling this, you're just ignorant. New slaves."

6. Stan - Self explanatory.
sciencefajt6.gif

Kwixotik

I'd probably have to go to therapy if I renounced Kanye at this point. That being said, I don't listen to Yeezus anymore because of the awful lyrics. There was that rumor he wrote that shit within days of the album being finalized and I kinda believe it. I do still listen to I'm In It, but you can't deny that track is the shit despite his shitty lyrics.

Hold My Liquor is aight as well

Esch

Banned
I'd probably have to go to therapy if I renounced Kanye at this point. That being said, I don't listen to Yeezus anymore because of the awful lyrics. There was that rumor he wrote that shit within days of the album being finalized and I kinda believe it. I do still listen to I'm In It, but you can't deny that track is the shit despite his shitty lyrics.

ibmcqxratiFAQf.gif

Kwixotik

I mean I have to give credit to Pac and Snoop for getting me into hip hop in the first place, but Kanye got me into current shit (at the time I first got into it) so I feel like I can't discount him entirely. I skipped the whole early 00s era so Ye is part of the foundation of my understanding of modern hip hop. And he hasn't really released an entirely disappointing album yet. That's more than can be said for most legends and legend candidates. He keeps the culture moving.

i am drunk tho

PBY

Banned
I mean I have to give credit to Pac and Snoop for getting me into hip hop in the first place, but Kanye got me into current shit (at the time I first got into it) so I feel like I can't discount him entirely. I skipped the whole early 00s era so Ye is part of the foundation of my understanding of modern hip hop. And he hasn't really released an entirely disappointing album yet. That's more than can be said for most legends and legend candidates. He keeps the culture moving.

i am drunk tho
U may be drunk...

But u not wrong.

Esch

Banned

i am drunk tho
I'm gonna disregard this stan paragraph (lol @ Ye never releasing a disappointing album). He's not your dad breh. It's okay to admit you don't like some of the music he puts out.

ibmcqxratiFAQf.gif

Yeezus' lyrics are embarrassingly bad. Like to the point that it impacts the listening session by making you take mental pauses. At least I can listen to a bad trap song and just nod my head along with the beat regardless of the lyrics sometimes, but with Kanye I'm thinking "this guy said this is the greatest rap verse of all time..."

IrishNinja

I'm gonna disregard this stan paragraph (lol @ Ye never releasing a disappointing album).

hey guy
he said entirely disappointing, that's an important caveat*

*Wu efforts in the new millennia have not yet been worse than projectile leprosy

Cheddahz

Banned
Yeezus' lyrics are embarrassingly bad. Like to the point that it impacts the listening session by making you take mental pauses. At least I can listen to a bad trap song and just nod my head along with the beat regardless of the lyrics sometimes, but with Kanye I'm thinking "this guy said this is the greatest rap verse of all time..."

Your pussy's too good, I need to crash
Your titties, let 'em out, free at last
Thank God almighty, they free at last

Esch

Banned
I'm waking up early to watch it. Predicting a narrow City win.

Word, unfortunately I'm thinking the same. Watching Sounders vs. RSL right now, gonna get some sleep and then 6-630 wake up (game is on @ 640 central time). I'm hoping for an upset and the Gunners to pull out that Community Shield-style win. I hope to gawd Arsene doesn't play Ozil on the wing or Sanchez up front. But knowing Wumger he'll start Yaya Sanogo, play Sanchez as a forward, bench Welbeck, and play Jack Wilshere all 90 minutes. I hope Ramsey's ankle is okay.

City can suck it.

IrishNinja

You're already there breh. Keep listening and then it'll come together that Kanye was only ever a B level blowhard on the mic at best.

i'm sure there's other MC's that are like this too, but i can say ive consistently enjoyed most of ye's albums despite the fact he's not an A level MC at all, from style, flow/technical ability to lyricism. he can put a song together no doubt but he'd not even be on a top 25 best MC's list from me, which again is kinda unusual given the decent level of quality/consistency ive enjoyed from his output.

Ugh it's at like 4:45 am PST so no way I'm gonna wake up that early and watch fucking City win. Time zones are such an obstacle to this kinda stuff.

Courage

Yeah, ain't a fan of City either. No real identity behind the team. Arsenal has a tendency to push their defensive line up (they did this a lot with Everton), and Man City can exploit those openings with Aguero/Dzeko. Ideally, he should play Ozil as CAM, Cazorla/Sanchez on the wings and Welbeck as forward. Sanogo doesn't deserve a starting position after his recent performances, and it's time to test out your new signing in a high pressure game.

Kwixotik

i'm sure there's other MC's that are like this too, but i can say ive consistently enjoyed most of ye's albums despite the fact he's not an A level MC at all, from style, flow/technical ability to lyricism. he can put a song together no doubt but he'd not even be on a top 25 best MC's list from me, which again is kinda unusual given the decent level of quality/consistency ive enjoyed from his output.

He's a producer before he's a lyricist. If we're being real Ye is a subpar lyricist and everybody will admit to that, but he's good at creating a vision and bringing it together aurally and visually in a way that advances hip hop as a whole even if his lyrical shit is balls. Think about how many people in mainstream hip hop lead vs follow. In that sense, everybody in the mainstream is on Kanye's dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom