• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

Believe in Jungle.

I just look at the artists involved and suppose its not hard for them to give one or two good songs each. I won't be docking points for not being cohesive if the individual songs are good.

banco's great for sure. michael rocks just an alright rapper but these songs are really good to just drive to in the rapcar.

cocaine pinata is a top 10 album for sure but am I the only one who easily prefers Gibbs over ESGN style beats? madlib's production got a bit boring through the whole project. A Gibbs/Alchemist tape is the dream.

Q is great, I miss setbacks/HnC era chill Q though. he relies too much on the ad-libs now. and kendrick screams all the time and think his name and talent means he can overpower tracks, no subtlety from the dude. he's becoming Kendrick Mathers. ab soul's lost his mind.

jay rock is still the same jay rock from the TDE a few years ago thank god. but he releases like one track every 2 years lmao

Courage

Yeah, the only person from TDE I'm hyped about is Jay Rock. Kendrick already proved himself, and Jay Rock is the only one left with some talent and untapped potential to carve a nice niche.

Don't count KRIT out. First two singles were promising.

Forgot about him, he can also top Oxy.

Cudder

Don't count KRIT out. First two singles were promising.
He needs to drop a second single. So tired of seeing him tweet about pay attention and pushing it so hard. Like, dude the song failed to get any type of play, stop trying to get on radio and just drop some hard shit.

codhand

Pinata and Step Bros still best albums this year. Oxy being trash is almost even worse than typical trash, because it was clearly a labored over project. A swing and a miss.

HiResDes

banco's great for sure. michael rocks just an alright rapper but these songs are really good to just drive to in the rapcar.

cocaine pinata is a top 10 album for sure but am I the only one who easily prefers Gibbs over ESGN style beats? madlib's production got a bit boring through the whole project. A Gibbs/Alchemist tape is the dream.

Q is great, I miss setbacks/HnC era chill Q though. he relies too much on the ad-libs now. and kendrick screams all the time and think his name and talent means he can overpower tracks, no subtlety from the dude. he's becoming Kendrick Mathers. ab soul's lost his mind.

jay rock is still the same jay rock from the TDE a few years ago thank god. but he releases like one track every 2 years lmao
We've already had the Gibbs discussion and you didn't show up for a Playa so I have nothing more to say

Nice, He actually made Kill Switch a video

Sir Michael knows what his best song is. Low key this song sounds SO much like 4 Da Fam it's ridiculous.. Sample wizard guys, is this the same sample with these percussive (strings? horns?) The Kill Switch one sounds like it's been dragged out and slowed down more than the way 4 Da Fam flipped it.

Nah the Amil sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDczfHxNSqs
(I remember this due to it being used in an MF Grimm song lmao)

I'm nearly 100% sure the Michael Rocks song samples a Curtis Mayfield record and it's going to torture me mentally until I remember which.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just stumbled into Watsky. How do you guys feel about him?

Give me some awesome lyrical rappers to listen to today. Some more light-hearted stuff.

overcast

I'm legitimately trying to think of 10 rap albums I've loved this year and it's tough.

Rashad will make top 5 on the GAF-Hop list at this pace. RTJ 2 will as well.

You guys are worried about Q, the real concern for some of you should be Neon Icon. That record is going to get a ton of year end love (deservedly) and will creep up on the list. + a ton of ironic listeners on GAF will boost it up.

Riff Raff is floating around my 5 - 8 spot for straight rap tbh.

Esch

Banned
0911-nicki-minaj-getty-5.jpg

Kwixotik

As far as nerdy references. I tended to like how Wu-Tang would do it, just lightly referencing Kung-Fu flicks and using that to illustrate a point or create a metaphor.

I tend to hate the making a reference just to show I'm making a reference, or to show they're nerdy too.

My favorite subtle nerdy reference is Danny Brown on Monopoly referencing the movie "Breathless" by doing some wordplay with the French title "A bout de souffle"

Oxy has a couple really good tracks, a good interlude, and a bunch of meh or bad shit. That SZA track is horrible as is Los Awesomo or whatever the fuck it's called. I'm glad the album sold well for Q, he deserves it...I just wish he dropped a better project.

BTW Clear Channel is getting Kendrick's new single soon.

My top 10 will definitely have Cilvia Demo.. thats the only guarantee.

but like Des said.. I probably haven't eem listened to 10 projects I really liked this year anyway.

I really don't think Rock is dropping this year brehs. Kendrick season is approaching.

T Dollarz

I'm still undecided on if my #1 is Cocaine Piñata or So It Goes. Cilvia Demo is high up there, as is Neon Icon and Welcome to Fazoland.

Detox

What does that make cudder then?

That concert would be dope if it was just Ra and Kane,then I could have wild dreams of guest appearance from Jay and Nas that shit would be special.

Esch

Banned
that article...

One rapper who allegedly likes to get his booty eaten is Drake. Drake's performance of masculinity is complicated—to many he is hip-hop's most sensitive, progressive guy, though a deep listening of his records reveals him as the kind of dude who will quote bell hooks just to sleep with you, then never call you again. But Drake occupies a space of constantly questioned masculinity, so it was no surprise when, recently, blogs—including Gawker—were abuzz with rumors that the Toronto rapper likes to get his salad tossed. The story was one of the more hilarious entries in the 'groupie tales' genre, describing Drake's penis as "not really big, but it's THICK" and leaving us all with the image of Drake saying "my turn" and then "laying there on the bed with his leg spread open and my face in his butt and his legs shaking."The response to the rumors about Drake were telling, and completely expected. In the comments section to the original MediaTakeOut article, Drake is called a "gay ass nigga." On Boxden, no one was surprised, Drake, according to users, is the type of soft dude who would be into getting his booty licked.

jbkWquQQu4uF8z.png

Listening to Banco today it's pretty good now I got to the DJ Mustard track and it's the EXACT same beat as Sanctified on Mastermind before Kanye slowed it up.

CoolOff

I need to get on Fazoland.

Still mulling over if Nitty Scott has enough staying power to make it into my top 10. Also, perfect match with Des on the best tracks off of Banco.
obama.png

Bronson and KRIT will deliver.

IrishNinja

great, cant wait till devo & co start talkin bout how ya'll are prudes or the like

that article...

jbkWquQQu4uF8z.png

their words have painted some pictures i didn't want to see

fuck Esch for making me obsess over that sample all day. Got home and had time to look it up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1xmXOP3lhM
6min mark, for next few seconds.

one of my favorite mayfield tracks, bar none

Cheddahz

Banned
The first song on this Big Sean EP is amazing and then the second song starts off great and then it becomes a generic DJ Mustard song

EDIT: The beginning of the song is revisited and I'm wondering why the hell they didn't use that beat for the whole song, cause my god, the beat sounds really good

...in the past, [Boxden]has been a great barometer for how people are thinking about rap topics and controversies du jour...
:beli

This exchange killed me
Gates: Aw man, just do it before you eat the pussy, because the clit is way more sensitive than the booty, so you eat the booty first and then you eat the pussy.

Whoo Kid: Jesus it's like thanksgiving in this bitch! [laughs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom