• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm not gonna say Yeezus would be better if Kanye wasn't on it but

but

562.gif
There's no Yeezus without Yeezy. Maybe the lyrics were weak but the album needs his arrogance and aggression. Tracks like I Am A God and New Slaves are pure Conway, can't imagine that shit w/ any other mc.

Cheddahz

Banned
Not gonna lie guys, I feel like the only reason I get on GAF now is to just post in this thread. I post in other threads, but I feel like half the time, I'm dealing with fanboys and kids who are annoying as shit

IrishNinja

i barely venture out of my subscribed threads, and when i do, it's 90% reading the OP, maybe a few comments till someone says somethin fuckouttahere status & then i just to back to step 1

Cheddahz

Banned
How do you feel when you don't post in GAF-Hop?

When I post anywhere else on here besides this thread, I guess annoyed cause I know I'm gonna post some shit and then some dude is gonna come up and be like "Man, how the hell do you not like this game?!?!?!?! There's something wrong with you!'. I guess I also dislike console fanboys too or something like that (for real, they're just consoles, not your soul mate)

Everyone in this thread is cool as shit and we all have our own interests, but most of the time, we accept that we all like different shit and I totally respect that. I don't know, I've almost been a member of GAF-Hop for a year now and I'm truly thankful that I figured out there was a community for hip-hop on here, cause I probably would had stopped posting on this site a year ago and honestly, even though I don't know you guys that well (outside of posting on here/twitter/plug sessions), I really am glad that I met you guys and shit, cause I joined GAF-Hop whenever my life had turned upset down and it was nice to discuss music and shit to get things off my mind and what not, so yeah, I guess I'm thankful for GAF-Hop and everyone in it

On the side....
it also doesn't help that my dad is a GAF member and he even texted me about a post I made a few days ago

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Not gonna lie guys, I feel like the only reason I get on GAF now is to just post in this thread. I post in other threads, but I feel like half the time, I'm dealing with fanboys and kids who are annoying as shit
I went through that fase, but now I can enjoy dipping into the insanity/inanity from time to time. It's fun as long as you don't take it that seriously. I save care posts for my prefered community threads, tho.

Esch

Banned
Yeah, ain't a fan of City either. No real identity behind the team. Arsenal has a tendency to push their defensive line up (they did this a lot with Everton), and Man City can exploit those openings with Aguero/Dzeko. Ideally, he should play Ozil as CAM, Cazorla/Sanchez on the wings and Welbeck as forward. Sanogo doesn't deserve a starting position after his recent performances, and it's time to test out your new signing in a high pressure game.

That's the funny thing though, during the International break Sanogo scored 3 times (one week!) for France, so Wumger might just be like shit, why not?

The Arsenal back line isn't special. It's serviceable enough. a lot of real problem is the midfield (and why everyone said he needed a DM) It's gonna get cut up by dudes like Toure, Nasri, etc. Ozil is good, but only as a playmaker. Sanchez adds a lot to the offense. Flamini is ok on defense, but not great. Wilshere is better at offense than defense. Honestly I think a lot of this game is up in the air. I won't be surprised if a whole bunch of crazy shit happens.

Also, lots of injury shit going on on both teams.

cacophony

lol same. going into the OT and seeing half the posters with female anime avatar characters makes me not want to post here

I still feel Big Sean came correct on that Detroit mixtape. Too bad his album after that was a recycle bin classic and the only thing that got that album any hype was Kendrick's verse.

Esch

Banned
Nobody cared about the Papoose or Lupe ones kinda because you could tell how bitter they were about not being named.

jRDU89YzDOP1p.png

Papoose came off bitter considering TDE got him on that Summer Jam stage in his own damn city lol. Lupe...meh. Make a good song, say a memorable line. All Lupe does now is circle jerk to his limited audience and pat himself on the back for how clever he is. We get it, you have great metaphors and smilies. Now make a good song.

Cheddahz

Banned
Papoose came off bitter considering TDE got him on that Summer Jam stage in his own damn city lol. Lupe...meh. Make a good song, say a memorable line. All Lupe does now is circle jerk to his limited audience and pat himself on the back for how clever he is. We get it, you have great metaphors and smilies. Now make a good song.

We need to buy him a Vita, so he can experience all of the Japanese games for that to happen

Persona remind me of the Chicago life
tried to get all the girls
but none of them wanted me
so I went with the bear

The Vita is like my music
it's so niche
only white dudes who fuck anime chicks dig it

Gah damn, gah damn
Touching my Katamari
like I'm hacking into your mind
and telling you the secrets
of the government

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
but brehs he really got in that ass. the closes comparison would be how Nas got at 50 on "Don't Body Ya Self". Like it was vicious but because he didn't outright say his name No one appreciate how viscious a diss of K dot it was. I'm not even a Lupe fan (never really been one) or hater but he got my respect from it. Also I like K Dot I think he has next but he got touched.

Daydream is such a good Lupe song

tbh I was never really into the dude. Only checked out F&L and The Cool in more recent times and thought they were good.

Lasers tho lmao

IrishNinja

but brehs he really got in that ass. the closes comparison would be how Nas got at 50 on "Don't Body Ya Self". Like it was vicious but because he didn't outright say his name No one appreciate how viscious a diss of K dot it was. I'm not even a Lupe fan (never really been one) or hater but he got my respect from it. Also I like K Dot I think he has next but he got touched.

okay, i'll bite: quote some bars then zeus

I forgot how dope Don't Body Yourself was. Jada also murked 50. Honestly the only diss 50 did well was Back Down (Ja). Everything else was sly shit talk or passive aggressive shots at Jay and Wayne.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I do remember first hearing Kick Push and really feeling that shit though. Same time as Rick Ross broke out with Hustlin and TI dropped Why You Wanna. On that tangent, King was a pretty great record. I've revisited it recently and it still holds up. Classic southern gangsta rap. I'd recommend giving it a fresh listen.

TI fell off pretty hard but he's done an impressive job staying relevant between pop tracks like that Iggy whatever song and working with cutting edge dudes like la flame and thugger.

Esch

Banned
I forgot how dope Don't Body Yourself was. Jada also murked 50. Honestly the only diss 50 did well was Back Down (Ja). Everything else was sly shit talk or passive aggressive shots at Jay and Wayne.

Sohh How to Rob didn't rustle jimmies in all 5 boroughs?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
okay, i'll bite: quote some bars then zeus

man I'll concede on that. Its lupe, you know that shit looks like nonsense when out of context (shit sometimes it looks like nonsense in context) but it still was the best K. Dot diss.

is that the one where he says "I smell Pussy....is that you Ja" cause lol at that part. True story I got in trouble with my RA (who hated me from prior shit that I did on purpose) for blasting that song out my window when I lived on campus. I mean forget lyricism that might be the most vicious shit said on wax or even video since its from house party.

Good news- Nas is doing another show in Vancouver and I got tickets

Bad news- rahat fateh Ali khan cancelled his concert last weekend. Was gonna take my moms as both of our birthday presents

Got rescheduled for next year

Esch pls

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Whatever happened q-tip...loved that dude. Vivrant Thing was so good. Now I'm feeling all nostalgic for early to mid 2000's rap.

IrishNinja

for real, checkmate & don't body yaself were both so much better than any of that piggy bank bullshit from that time

i even dug game's 400 bars & running or whatever that long ass track was but it wasn't nearly as tight

Tip's only 34. It feels like he should be older cause he's been around forever.

Tip as in Q-Tip?
He's 44....

haha that's what i thought too, he meant the lesser tip

Whatever happened q-tip...loved that dude. Now I'm feeling all nostalgic for early to mid 2000's rap.

following his twitter, sounds like he's just kinda doing his thing. his unreleased LP shit was great though, i don't think he's said much about work shit since kinda blowing up after that documentary last year sadly

HiResDes

There's no Yeezus without Yeezy. Maybe the lyrics were weak but the album needs his arrogance and aggression. Tracks like I Am A God and New Slaves are pure Conway, can't imagine that shit w/ any other mc.
Spot on. The blunt, bold lyrics of Yeezy are what makes some of the songs so compelling. I'm starting to think everyone expects Nas level lyricism on everything and that's just ridiculous and stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom