• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwixotik

Spot on. The blunt, bold lyrics of Yeezy are what makes some of the songs so compelling. I'm starting to think everyone expects Nas level lyricism on everything and that's just ridiculous and stupid.

I don't expect Nas but I mean... you gotta have SOME standards

IrishNinja

Dope ass album Shaka at the end
rejoice.png

He's working on his album The Last Zulu he's also producing Kanye's new album with Rick Rubin

saw these, dying for info on Last Zulu though. yeezy's album w/rubin...i mean, i'll believe he's there and not cut on some cruel winter shit when i sees it

IrishNinja

5. Bargaining pt. 2 after several listens - " This album is genius. I'm starting to see how it all came together. It's not just a bunch of random shit. So what if nobody but bloggers listened to it? If you're not feeling this, you're just ignorant. New slaves."

6. Stan - Self explanatory.

Man just thinking about someone like Kendrick or Eminem rapping over I'm in It is making me cringe.

Eminem could go in on I'm in it

IM IT IT AND I GOT 6 PLIERS
I GOT 6 WIRES YEA PUSSY I GOT 6 SQUIRES PREACHIN IN 6 DIFFERENT CHOIRS
INSIDE OF YA MOMS PUSSY YA PUSSY I SAID YA MOMS PUSSY

WOOPIE CUSHION

Sohh How to Rob didn't rustle jimmies in all 5 boroughs?
I still don't think that was a diss record tbh.

Btw I don't expect Nas or vintage Hov lyrics from everyone. I like Yeezus overall, I just feel like everything about the album was done thoughtfully except the lyrics, which feel like five minute scribbles. Kanye labels himself a great rapper, he brags that New Slaves is the best written rap song ever. So of course I'm gonna be judging lyrics. I don't expect lyrical shit from trap rappers or swag guys - those are fun lanes but aren't lyrically focused. But if you want to throw your hat in the ring as a legit lyricist/great rapper I'm going to compare you to legit lyricists/great rappers. Which is why I'm so hard on Cole for instance.

Good artists tend to have interesting things to say. The interesting and puzzling thing about Kanye is that he doesn't have anything interesting to say, and hasn't for years. Nothing he says on Yeezus is thought provoking. It works because of the music, but from an artistic perspective you've gotta be disappointed with the poor writing.

You can tell his tanget on private prisons was born from Lupe writing the verse, or a 5 minute conversation he had with Lupe.

IrishNinja

see those 2 picks are solid as well, mecca & the soul brother is another fine nom...Mmm Food, Miseducation, Blackstar & lotta classics with the odd Loyal 2 the game in there to throw off the scrubs

Courage

Esch, I don't know how frustrating it must be to be an Arsenal fan. You guys almost had it, but your guys defense is some elementary, "oh shit, I forgot to mark that guy", lethargic bullshit. You guys would have been better off spending all that dough for a nice CB with a leadership mentality to set Koscielny straight, instead of Welbeck.
nt5j5sS.png

Esch

Banned
Esch, I don't know how frustrating it must be to be an Arsenal fan. You guys almost had it, but your guys defense is some elementary, "oh shit, I forgot to mark that guy", lethargic bullshit. You guys would have been better off spending all that dough for a nice CB with a leadership mentality to set Koscielny straight, instead of Welbeck.
nt5j5sS.png

It's egregious tbh. I knew when I saw Debuchy hit dust that things were going to be terrible. Those last ~ 20 minutes were heart wrenching, edge of my seat shit. I mean it's nice to have a draw (
troll.png
still undefeated doe). Just terrible elementary mistakes.

During the entire transfer period people were saying, ok, yeah, they need a guy who can actually finish (and Welbeck just isn't him), a CB, and a DM. Nothing has changed. You buy the players you need right? If you wanna compete in the CL and your domestic for real, you need a one and a half squads of excellent players. Arsenal has .88 of one.

And Ozil straight up lacks the physicality to play in the PL, he has no confidence (how is that even possible for a guy who just won the world cup and used to play for Real Madrid) he sits on the ball too much. His shots are wack. He creates chances, but not enough for his price. Wenger should sell him to Bayern while he still can. Look at the class gulf between him and a guy like Silva.

Courage

Yeah, Ozil was terrible as well. It doesn't help he had him play as a winger though. The guy excelled at Real as a CAM and Wenger insists to sit Cazorla out, as if Ozil knows how to make runs and cross the ball from the sides.

Welbeck played ok in reality, he knows how to position himself, and caught that defensive mistake by City swiftly enough to create the biggest chance in the game. He needs to focus on his finishing and he could suit the role of a lone striker on a 4-2-3-1.

Sanchez and Wilshere tho...
JWwDAmD.png

Esch

Banned
Welbeck played ok in reality, he knows how to position himself, and caught that defensive mistake by City swiftly enough to create the biggest chance in the game. He needs to focus on his finishing and he could suit the role of a lone striker on a 4-2-3-1.

Sanchez and Wilshere tho...
JWwDAmD.png

I think Welbeck had an okay game. It was definitely interesting to see how the pace him and Sanchez created changed things up front a bit. But lesbionest, breh simply isn't an accurate shooter and that's what Arsenal need. A person who will exploit chances at a high rate. I'd take Cavani and Remy over him anyday, from what i've seen of all three.

As for people... It was weird watching Wilshere have a motm type match but people saying sell him, take him out behind the shed etc. It was only after the cigarette smoking GAWD had that amazing run and goal that they shut up
gXe6otJ.png

HiResDes

These names are we talking about feudal lords up in here. when y'all talk about futbol all I can picture is a couple of European aristocrats with their pinkys up in the air sitting in around a round table surrounded by bland food and maps with future slave sites marked out.

Esch

Banned
These names are we talking about feudal lords up in here. when y'all talk about futbol all I can picture is a couple of European aristocrats with their pinkys up in the air sitting in around a round table surrounded by bland food and maps with future slave sites marked out.

You sound like a bitter american exceptionalist right now
gXe6otJ.png

A) You're from America. Just call it soccer breh

B)
jxSt6Fq0oY9tL.png
you mad.

I played basketball at a Christian school back in the day (when I was homeschooled) and was the best player on the team. In 9th grade I was dared to join the soccer team so I did, thinking that shit would be easy. Brehs soccer is the hardest sport I've played so I can't make fun of it.

Coach had us doing suicides on a full soccer field. God damn...

Courage

I played basketball at a Christian school back in the day (when I was homeschooled) and was the best player on the team. In 9th grade I was dared to join the soccer team so I did, thinking that shit would be easy. Brehs soccer is the hardest sport I've played so I can't make fun of it.

I love playing soccer but you need an incredible amount of stamina to be good at it. One of the most physically demanding sports out there. That's why I rather play futsal nowadays; 5v5, barrage of goals and doesn't have me catching my breath towards the end of the match.

Esch

Banned
It's more like the Spanish colonizing England. Cesc and Costa
VWb1n.png

Diego Costa is such a polarizing figure. 3 goals in one game. what the fuck

I feel like I hate him because he's a Chelsea player, but I love him because he's a bit of a cocky, mean little cunt.

iWIlOXAgUBqPa.gif

I'd agree (played a little soccer in middle school), but I was a high school wrestler for two years. That shit made me quit.

HiResDes

Soccer is alright, but it's too much back and forth honestly. I feel like I'm wasting so much energy if I play forward. Like my energy isn't rewarded on the same efficiency as say on the basketball court where even at five five I feel as though I can impose will.

Esch

Banned
I do love both albums so it could really go both ways with me.

What's your favourite tracks on Metaphorical Music Esch/Irish?

Kumomi
Lady Brown
Latitude
Blessing It
Letter from Yokosuka

I don't particularly think Metaphorical Music is much better than Modal Soul, but I think it's a bit more consistent.

HiResDes

There's nothing wrong with having favorites. Also that picture is fucking random, so many b-tier albums listed out an artist's discography. Life is Good and Mama's Gun come the fuck on.

There's nothing wrong with having favorites. Also that picture is fucking random, so many b-tier albums listed out an artist's discography. Life is Good and Mama's Gun come the fuck on.

Yea it's random as hell. I prefer the more themed pictures like these that have either like every rappers debut or something. This is just random.

Cudder/Enzo/ThaBiz(Lol): Free Cole show in Toronto. Like 5-10 minutes away from Union at some place called the Roundhouse or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom