• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

new Gambino song is tight.

gonna take a lot more than one song. especially coming from someone who's been sounding like a gambino industry rep the last few weeks.

This is the most shameful thing I've seen in this community yet.

liquid swords cover was cool at the time, reminiscent of some Lone Wolf and Cub comic art, but i think it aged like a banana peel. looks like a high school year book drawing

Tokubetsu

Wait, hold up. Gaf-Hoppers were hating on this?
r1Nh8Ca.jpg
a

Who was it? Asking so I can just put you on ignore now. I don't need to hear your opinion on anything ever again.

HiResDes

Caribou's Our Love is without a doubt his best album of all time in my opinion. It's so much more calculated and intimate than anything he's ever heard. It doesn't have the giant swooping tracks of Swim, and is more reserved on the surface. Swim was kind of this sun splattered rave whereas Our Love is more of the icey reflective ride back home after a breakup. However, each track blends together in a nearly seamless tradition, and it's ode to love or to the feeling of losing it is so well nuanced like a multi colored mosaic. It has this semi mellow mood on the surface, but underneath in its depths are these sweltering grooves of emotion. The vocals are sparse and only act to complement or drive home the feeling of the tracks and the album just flows better than maybe any other this year. It definitely might be a top ten record for me and I'm not even usually too crazy about Caribou.

I've been listening to Sinkane's Mean Love with it side by side and the two albums definitely work well in juxtaposition, so I'd definitely recommend checking it out as well.

JohnDoe

Banned
I mean I get saying that on a technical level the drawing could be way better but that was never the point. It's a fucking iconic cover.

Is that guys head being crushed with that ball and chain or nah? I see his head through it though so is it some other weapon I'm not familiar with?

Courage

Caribou's Our Love is without a doubt his best album of all time in my opinion. It's so much more calculated and intimate than anything he's ever heard. It doesn't have the giant swooping track Swim, and is more reserved on the surface. however, each track blends together in a nearly seamless tradition, and it's ode to love or to the feeling of losing it is so well nuanced like multi colored mosaic. It has this semi mellow mood on the surface, but underneath in its depths are these sweltering grooves of emotion. The vocals are sparse and only act to complement or drive home the feeling of the tracks and the album just flows better than maybe any other this year. It definitely might be a top ten record for me and I'm not even usually too crazy about Caribou.

I've been listening to Sinkane's Mean Love with it side by side and the two albums definitely work well in juxtaposition, so I'd definitely recommend checking it out as well.
Thanks for this breh. Gonna check it out today.

Listened to that SBTRKT yet?

Courage

I like the new Big Sean EP :I. The second track sounds like a rap someone would come up with in the shower

It oddly works. Even the weirdly blatant hook suits that Mustard beat. I'd probably enjoy it more if it wasn't for Big Sean's annoying voice.

codhand

Dear customer

Thank you for your recent order for the new album by NehruvianDOOM.

This is a note to let you know that due to delays, the release date has been pushed back and will now be officially released on Monday 6th October.

HiResDes

I'm not even trying to hear negative opinions on this cover art. It's a classic.
Esch have you checked any of Rozewood's output from this year like Ghost of Radio Raheem, $100 Taper, or that last EP?. Just seems like shit you'd appreciate. The new Skyzoo and Torae is also extra hard.

overcast

Nah step brothers is great. It's the perfect example of two talented as fuck semi undergroudn dudes coming together and not fucking up, producing dope shit. I mean, they got motherfucking Scott Caan to drop a fire verse. Come on.
Yeah. It's going on the phone for school listening.
Caribou's Our Love is without a doubt his best album of all time in my opinion...
Thanks for the review Des. Loved Swim, so to hear this is an improvement? Damn.

HiResDes

It's much more consistent than Swim, though the emotion of the tracks kind of gradually sets upon you, whereas Swim has these big subsiding waves of emotion on tracks like Odessa and Sun. I think Our Love is a better complete album and sounds like a maturation of his sound.

PlayDat

no way. mod would have to be a supreme simp to ban somebody for a post like that, especially something like a permaban.

it's barely insulting. maybe he asked for a ban himself?

I'm not sure if it was a perm, but that's definitely what got him banned. Said so himself.

Isn't PlayDat a 90s era cat too? How you gonna hate on 90s comic book style art breh? Shameful.

Yeah that's when I born. I watched the Spiderman cartoon, X-Men and Batman animated series, but I just never really got into the comics like that.

I mean I get saying that on a technical level the drawing could be way better but that was never the point. It's a fucking iconic cover.

It's only iconic because the album is good.

lol. I wasn't expecting to cause such a stir.

Esch

Banned
Esch have you checked any of Rozewood's output from this year like Ghost of Radio Raheem, $100 Taper, or that last EP?. Just seems like shit you'd appreciate. The new Skyzoo and Torae is also extra hard.
No, I've been meaning to cop that and some Hus Kingpin. I've been sleeping :flabbynsick:

Codhand my man those are all classics. But I'm gonna have to say that Brave Archer and 5 Element Ninjas is some CLASSICS, also you lost if you never fucked with Clan of the White Lotus and Come Drink With Me.

codhand

Codhand my man those are all classics. But I'm gonna have to say that Brave Archer and 5 Element Ninjas is some CLASSICS, also you lost if you never fucked with Clan of the White Lotus and Come Drink With Me.

nice, i've never seen 5 Element Ninjas, and it looks like they got the whole thing on youtube, i'll def watch later! basically anything Shaw Brothers, I'm in.

yeah Clan of White Lotus is some GOAT shit, havent seen since VHS rental days.

the hus kingpin is great except that one chorus "sippin sake in osaka, sittin around gettin my dick suuucked [sucked]"

RTJ2 Preorders up!

Esch

Banned
nice, i've never seen 5 Element Ninjas, and it looks like they got the whole thing on youtube, i'll def watch later! basically anything Shaw Brothers, I'm in.
]
You're about to eat. Some aspects of the movie are type predictable like all shaw brothers joints but the fight scenes are dope and funny as hell. Also, ninjas. The water ninjas man... :dead:

codhand

You're about to eat. Some aspects of the movie are type predictable like all shaw brothers joints but the fight scenes are dope and funny as hell. Also, ninjas. The water ninjas man... :dead:

sounds great, this is gonna set off a whole new wave of me watching old kung fu i can tell already....

i still have the Blind Swordsman boxset, i havent even touched yet

fall / winter is good time for mass flick watching anyway

Esch

Banned
Yes. Being a Raiders fan is rough.
These past near decade of the rams being wholesale trash has really made me appreciate raiders brehs more. The things you mans have endured. I can barely watch the boys and the league nowadays they're so trash. Can't imagine going thru that since the Rich Gannon era.

These past near decade of the rams being wholesale trash has really made me appreciate raiders brehs more. The things you mans have endured. I can barely watch the boys and the league nowadays they're so trash. Can't imagine going thru that since the Rich Gannon era.

It's kinda like being a Nas stan, I guess lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom