• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So many Alc stans here and nobody posted this? inb4Cheddahz

unnamed-23.jpg

Sept 30th:

01. The Red Carpet
02. Shut The F*ck Up
03. Tender Greens
04. Get It Forever
05. Break the Bank
06. Black Cocaine
07. The Myth
08. Trap Door
09. I.M.D.K.V.
10. Give Em Hell
11. All On Me
12. How Does It Feel
13. 1010 Wins

Esch

Banned
rozay is shitting these albums out quick. got another one coming.

Gotta make the most of it while you still can.

Tbh rozay was smarter about the close of his career than most of these wastemen. He bought up businesses, i guess MMG probably made some money, etc etc. I wonder if he'll find some creative way to break kayfabe and segue into something else. But therein lies the problem with him as an artist. Will he actually be interesting enough for that to work?

cacophony

even with all these releases Rozay still sells more than 90% rap artists

his albums are always overhated imo, mm and gfid were great

Mastermind had some heat on it. I'm still looking out for Ross releases.

Totally forgot MM was 2014, probably my top 10.

Actually listening to Step Brothers for the first time right now. Alc does it again, damn.

Mastermind has some of the best tracks of 2014 on it IMO. Can't hate on Supreme, that shit sounds like a classic record to me. Sanctified, Rich Is Gangsta, Devil Is A Lie, In Vein, You Know I Got It (Reprise)...shit is dope. The album also has some meh shit on it, but overall I'd say the album is what GFID should have been.

The track Ross released today is pretty boring. Every track I named on Mastermind has a different sound, but overall all of those tracks are smooth in different ways. Whereas the trap shit Ross does is almost always a miss. Shit is just boring, and he has yet to top BMF, 9 Piece, or MC Hammer.

Mastermind had some heat on it. I'm still looking out for Ross releases.

Totally forgot MM was 2014, probably my top 10.

Actually listening to Step Brothers for the first time right now. Alc does it again, damn.

as far as "i'm rich and money is all i rap about" albums go, his last one was pretty good. I enjoyed it.

Also another sampler from the Entourage rapper
I like the intro

Saigon ft. Big Daddy Kane - One Foot In The Door

Courage

Oh my god at the urgency in that RTJ track. I feel like I should be running for my life because Killer Mike and El-P are about to find and kill me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Kanye joint on TGSNT album is still incredible. Bring Me Down is my jam too.

Saigon is a decent rapper but yeah there's nothing more to be said about his career. It led up to one moment and then... yeah. Nothing more to be said.

Courage

I can't get hyped for Big KRIT anymore brehs. Not even with Mt. Olympus and Cadillactica on the horizon. I don't think he's ever going to gain enough momentum as he initially did with his first mixtapes. It was all downhill after that shitty debut.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can't get hyped for Big KRIT anymore brehs. Not even with Mt. Olympus and Cadillactica on the horizon. I don't think he's ever going to gain enough momentum as he initially did with his first mixtapes. It was all downhill after that shitty debut.
Honestly, he's one of the most consistent artists in the past 5 years for me. Even when I go back to albums I thought were not-as-good, I end up listening to 5-6 songs which is pretty surreal.

But.. I can't get excited. I don't know why. Not even tryna be outchea playing the underrated card or anything. I'll listen to whatever he puts out, but the spark is gone.

Cudder

His mixtapes are always good, can't really deny that. You can pull the "he sounds the same/he doesn't evolve" card if you want, but they are still fire tapes.

Always gonna check out KRIT stuff the man put out too many dope ass tapes thought he was done IMO until I heard Mt. Olympus ready for him to deliver a dope as album.

I don't think I've bumped a mixtape as long as Return of 4EVA shit was in rotation for damn near two years.

IrishNinja

I'm with disco; yes esh has a point & krit should read Gulliver's Travels or at least go to Epcot but I'm still excited for this project.

Musiqs lane switch genuinely bums me out as a neo soul fan, really hoping its a dare gone bad & dude isn't a pastor by mid 2015

easy. First off the answer is pretty much any high tier Nas album not named Illmatic. Stillmatic? trash. It Was Written? Garbage. Life is Good? Simp shit. Gods Son? Looks like the straight to VHS release of some one-off BET movie. At least Lost Tapes has good art.

Here are some others i think are wack. Probably gonna catch some flack for the SV cover but i'm way past that.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.
That Fantastic album cover is not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom