• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
I don't know how he can get more emotive without sounding artificial.
Tbh I don't see Kendrick as an emotional or aggressive rapper. He can do the first pretty well but the latter? Breh doesn't have that threatening aura and it'll come off flat imo. I like Kendrick most on that chill style swaggy like Hol' Up or something. Or on concept tracks like Keishas Song.
mjcry1.png

HiResDes

Tbh I don't see Kendrick as an emotional or aggressive rapper. He can do the first pretty well but the latter? Breh doesn't have that threatening aura and it'll come off flat imo. I like Kendrick most on that chill style swaggy like Hol' Up or something. Or on concept tracks like Keishas Song.
mjcry1.png
Kendrick is super emotional. On Overly Dedicated he cries during the heart and on Ignorance is Bliss he sounds like he's holding back tears.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
We're going by his recent output which includes classics such as Kendrick Lamar's Interlude and that shitty Amazing Spiderman 2 song.

He's not gonna waste any good material on a soundtrack for some garbage movie or an Ab-Soul album. I still have faith.

Cheddahz

Banned
These past near decade of the rams being wholesale trash has really made me appreciate raiders brehs more. The things you mans have endured. I can barely watch the boys and the league nowadays they're so trash. Can't imagine going thru that since the Rich Gannon era.

I once drove five hours to a Raiders game and drove back home in tears. I don't ever have high expectations for my team, but I've stuck by them for the past decade and I'll stick by them forever

Kendrick about to drop his fifth classic. I don't even know if I'm ready brehs.

I mean I get saying that on a technical level the drawing could be way better but that was never the point. It's a fucking iconic cover.

And then the whole Labels double entendre thing on the back with the title names. Definitely one of the GOATs.

injurai

Banned
Fuck.

If he really chooses to go into that direction, I'm done with him. But I believe in Kendrick and TDE, this needs to deliver.

as long as it isn't directed back at "wack wrappers" the meta agression is always when you know a rapper has fallen off

Esch

Banned
Is the Liquid Swords cover corny? Sure. But the essence of Wu-Tang is always a little bit corny. Bunch of guys from shitty parts of NY rapping about gangster shit, 5% Islam, kung fu movies, etc etc. It should be kitschy.

Liquid swords cover art is top 5 best ever brehs. Collectively stahp it.

and I don't know what to expect from the Kendrick album, I really hope not all the tracks sound like he's trying to do his best Eminem expression. TDE in general this year except for Isaiah Rashad has been a bit of a letdown. I have high hopes for Kendrick but my faith is dwindling rn
mjcry1.png

If his first single is actually Outkasty and laid back like that person on twitter said, then that'll start the hype train.

Jay Rock aint dropping this year tbh

Clear Channel will have Kendrick's single in the coming weeks. It was played for CC DJs and radio producers a week ago, and the buzz was that it sounds very different in an Outkast way. We'll see.

I think it's coming out this year but I think November is more likely than Fall ie October. This is going to be a huge holiday season for retail sales in the US, more so than recently due to increases in working hours+jobs, and I think Interscope and a host of other labels are going to capitalize on it. Adele allegedly has an album primed for November, Eminem has one, Kanye will be out before Christmas, etc. Those are heavy hitters.

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Drake released an album in the same month that Kendrick releases.

So new trailer just dropped all of a sudden.

New group

PRhyme (DJ Premier x Royce Da 5'9")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYaVnvSunGs

twitter:
https://twitter.com/PRhyme_Official

Instagram:
http://instagram.com/PRhyme_Official

Song in the trailer is meh but at least it's something different for 2014 Premo. More mellow sound...I just hope he does something FUNKY. Tired of his atonal chopping and cutting style, which really seems to have hit the diminishing returns bottom. Plus using the same kick drum patterns.

Royce...eh. I will admit he has sounded better recently, now that he has reduced the corny similies and stupid Drake-mannerisms.

I'm optimistic mainly because Rosenberg heard multiple tracks and said it's dope.

wasn't DJ Premier supposed to release a project with Nas this year?

Nah, he keeps claiming that it'll happen after Nas' last Def Jam album which comes out this year. So if this unicorn Detox Half Life 3 project ever comes out it would be next year.

Personally I'd rather Nas just have Premo do some interludes on his Def Jam album, maybe an intro track, and call it a day. There are a bunch of dudes doing Premo's style better than him right now (Statik, Confidence, etc).

If Nas is gonna reunited with any Illmatic era producer it should be Q-Tip imo. He's still making relevant, DOPE music and has tons of dope beats.

Esch

Banned
Yeah. You don't wanna hear a full album of Premier tracks in 2014. I know some of you scum listened to that 2012 Bumpy Knuckles album. It was OK, but people can do better.

codhand

best Primo beat in a while, didnt like the Dilated Peoples one he did too much. that Bumpy Knuckles album i just remember BK seemed really off-beat on every track.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nah, he keeps claiming that it'll happen after Nas' last Def Jam album which comes out this year. So if this unicorn Detox Half Life 3 project ever comes out it would be next year.

Personally I'd rather Nas just have Premo do some interludes on his Def Jam album, maybe an intro track, and call it a day. There are a bunch of dudes doing Premo's style better than him right now (Statik, Confidence, etc).

If Nas is gonna reunited with any Illmatic era producer it should be Q-Tip imo. He's still making relevant, DOPE music and has tons of dope beats.

huh, I kinda figured he would work with Premier on this last Def Jam record then move on with his Mass Appeal dudes (aka El-P).

IrishNinja

Hey yeah I was part of that scum

PD what's Confidence done that's preemo like? I follow Statik but don't know enough @ dude on name alone

Edit okay I dunno how well they'd ride over Oddisee beats but I'm down to hear it, especially Com

Pretty awesome news today guys, Afrika Bambaataa is going to play Low End October 29th. Set the dates in stone today and everything. This is going to be two weeks after the anniversary show (10/15) which is going to be insane, and three weeks after Daedelus and Spazzkid (10/08). The Unreleased Beat Invitational should also be around then if it's taking place this year, too. Gonna be a great month.

Esch

Banned
What's the best album with the worst cover?

easy. First off the answer is pretty much any high tier Nas album not named Illmatic. Stillmatic? trash. It Was Written? Garbage. Life is Good? Simp shit. Gods Son? Looks like the straight to VHS release of some one-off BET movie. At least Lost Tapes has good art.

Here are some others i think are wack. Probably gonna catch some flack for the SV cover but i'm way past that.

Esch

Banned
You just know RTJ is going to thump hard as fvck in the whip. I might even pregame to some of them songs. If people don't put holes in walls and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom