• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

You guys are taking a little obvious troll posting WAY too seriously.

Kendricks album will be fine.
Naw breh. Blood will be spilt with this album drop.

Any of you make the drive thru choice and end up fucking yourself up time wise? Gonna hold this L.

GAF-Hop collective turn on KRIT was mad vulgar. I can't lie brehs I was happy as hell to open up that Amazon order. Didn't live up to expectations at all. But looking back I don't feel bad about being disappointed, vocally. We were all expecting the guy to step it up. Sonically, lyrically, etc. The salt was real. I realized all too late KRIT is like the Weekend; so much potential for growth but stays boxed up in a glass prison of his own creation.

Dualities

Dunno breh. I've complained about KRIT releasing the same project over and over, but truth be told if his debut album was as good as any of his previous mixtapes I would have been happy. My problem is moreso that KRIT seems to have exposed himself as a producer. A lot of his best songs rely on melodies or hooks from high profile samples. When those are taken away you're left with...well, his debut album.

If he could find a way to expand his music world OR start having samples re-created, maybe he'd be better off. The lyrical content is never going to change IMO: he'll always be a bitter southern dude upset the rap world doesn't respect his pen, all while still rapping about candy paint, rims, and Cadillacs. The samples and production make or break him - somewhat like Curren$y to be honest.

Dunno breh. I've complained about KRIT releasing the same project over and over, but truth be told if his debut album was as good as any of his previous mixtapes I would have been happy. My problem is moreso that KRIT seems to have exposed himself as a producer. A lot of his best songs rely on melodies or hooks from high profile samples. When those are taken away you're left with...well, his debut album.

If he could find a way to expand his music world OR start having samples re-created, maybe he'd be better off. The lyrical content is never going to change IMO: he'll always be a bitter southern dude upset the rap world doesn't respect his pen, all while still rapping about candy paint, rims, and Cadillacs. The samples and production make or break him - somewhat like Curren$y to be honest.
He is working with different producers this time around. Hope Cole stops being ignorant and does the same

Guess we'll see where Krit's direction is going with his mixtape dropping today.

Tokubetsu

iPItV4vsfJtCF.gif

Kwixotik

welcome to the drinkers club welcome to the drinkers club welcome to the drinkers club welcome to the drinkers club welcome to the drinkers club welcome to the drinkers club

He's also rapped about:
Fatherhood in "Rich Dad Poor Dad"
Black Youth in "Another Naive Individual Glorifying Greed and Encouraging Racism"
Choosing lesser evils in "Lions and Lambs"
Train Song about picking up females in "Amtrak"
Overcoming obstacles in "Boobie Miles"
Liquor store used as a crutch in the community/Corrupted Reverends in "Package Store"
The cycle of killing in "Banana Clip Theory"

He has more variety than people are giving him credit for and I would list more examples but I'm supposed to be working right now. Plus relying on samples is bad since when? Since Big Krit does it?

He's also rapped about:
Fatherhood in "Rich Dad Poor Dad"
Black Youth in "Another Naive Individual Glorifying Greed and Encouraging Racism"
Choosing lesser evils in "Lions and Lambs"
Train Song about picking up females in "Amtrak"
Overcoming obstacles in "Boobie Miles"
Liquor store used as a crutch in the community/Corrupted Reverends in "Package Store"
The cycle of killing in "Banana Clip Theory"

He has more variety than people are giving him credit for and I would list more examples but I'm supposed to be working right now. Plus relying on samples is bad since when? Since Big Krit does it?

This post right here is legit.

Working at a movie theater I have heard no less than 3 Kendrick feature songs in movie credits and during films this year. I should look all of them up and create a Kenneth playlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom