• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Milk - Gold Piece ft. Bun B
blackmilk4.jpg

October 28th
Yaaassss

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay this has gone too far.

10636317_10204584722635200_7662345305602572289_n.jpg

Between this and Mike Jones vs. Bonecrusher, I don't even know what to say. Dust will fly everywhere.

Black Milk is 3 for 3 so far, each track released has been super dope. I think I'll go on media blackout from now until album release, don't want to spoil the feast beforehand.

getting dangerously close to throwing this KRIT in the bushes off principle alone due to the horrible tagging. I have to re-tag multiple tracks because some fuckboy DJ hosts the album? SMH.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DJ Self ft. Maino, Vado, Uncle Murda & Big Bz - I Be About It. Maino and Vado went off, heat rocks.

- - -

First impressions: Mick Jenkins - The Water

Unexceptional boom bap with a tinge of flavour in the production, but not much. Smooth all the way through - this was probably insta-top-ten if you liked Cilvia Demo - but dude's flow doesn't really hold up the same, and it becomes noticeable just because of the production, which is solid. It's not bad at all, pretty good consistency, but that consistency is just okay. Jazz seems like such an obvious concept but it's very well executed. That and 514 seem to be the standouts.

If someone regards this highly, I wouldn't be mad, but it's a bit vanilla for me. Like a really, really, good cheese pizza.

Courage

I loved Cilvia Demo and I think The Water is underwhelming with repeated listens. He doesn't have Rashad's delivery, and it definitely sounds samey while Cilvia's tracks sound distinct from each other.

Still a good album tho

Courage

This Arca track is everything I need right now. Gonna give &&&&& a re-listen since I love that tape so much. God, I fucking love Arca.

Yung Gud and Sherman have more in common with Clams. Arca and Evian Christ represent the evolution of trap.

Yeah. You'll hear people drop "post-trap" RE: Arca maybe five or six minutes into a conversation/gush session about him. Oddly I haven't heard someone hit Evian with that label yet.

Love Evian, but I haven't listened to Arca yet. I'll do that when I get home.

If you listened to twigs' EP1 and EP2, those were Arca. &&&&& is in my top 5 for 2013.

And if you dig him, he's playing LA First Unitarian Church on the 25th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom