• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Return of 4eva is his best tape, followed by Krit wuz here. Don't bother with his studio album.
Studio album has some great ass ssongs, check it out. His free albums are much better though. I'm a Baig Krit stan though and like everything past Krit Wuz Here.

Krit Wuz Here with it's 17/19 on the Esch scale :noah

Return of 4Eva as the logical extension in Krit's growth as an artist :noah

Those tapes are still heavily in rotation. I'm looking forward to what he'll put out next and I'm still a stan, but I can't pretend like it doesn't feel like whatever he had in 10-11 is lost.

nah, bullshit to that

i wish ace was here for some legit talk on this, i honestly think that shit stepped rapping up a notch when compared with the big tracks of that era

Yeah it was I remember my older brother telling me there wasn't a rapper really flowing like that before he came on the scene.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
tumblr_nbyyqczxTU1qmsphko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lzp85zfI971r9x0sdo1_500.gif

Esch

Banned
GAF-Hop collective turn on KRIT was mad vulgar. I can't lie brehs I was happy as hell to open up that Amazon order. Didn't live up to expectations at all. But looking back I don't feel bad about being disappointed, vocally. We were all expecting the guy to step it up. Sonically, lyrically, etc. The salt was real. I realized all too late KRIT is like the Weekend; so much potential for growth but stays boxed up in a glass prison of his own creation.

Dualities

Krit has shown progression in his production and his rapping ability. He has a wide variety of topics he tackles too, even though you motherfuckas are blind to it for some reason. Although, his hook game isn't the best, it has gotten so much better and is actually above average in terms of what his peers are putting out. He gets way too much criticism conpared to others in here and it's strange, but I'll chalk that up to having the GOAT 1Train verse.

DominoKid

KRIT put out 5 full length projects in 36 months. It's only natural that the backlash felt like it was swift considering how quickly he filled up his discog. His whole career has felt like it's been quick. He basically appeared fully formed so it's not even like we got to appreciate some continual improvement from him.

overcast

ugh fucking pissed. Was supposed to see Outkast, Childish Gambino (lol), and Lil B (LOL) this weekend and it got cancelled
Oh shit, I was considering that actually. Would have had an encounter.

Wait, who said Kendrick isn't emotional? His Pain is really powerful shit.

Yeah, man those lyrics, listen to them:
"6 months before that I hit my woman she hit the floor"..
tumblr_inline_mgldrfELqV1qfx9gp.gif

I've been eeehhh on Royce for a while now, but I'm game for whatever that PRhyme thing ends up being. He always comes correct on Premo beats.

I'm really starting to believe that 'It's Alive' track from the Beats commercial will eventually be Kendrick's street single for his next album. Surprised they haven't released that shit yet.

Gaf-Hop turns on almost every artist the second they start to slip.

Danny Brown used to be :blessed: now nigga just chicken squackin through his verses

Kendrick released one too many verses with his Eminem flow, now nigga can't even get a pass with releasing fire on Never Catch Me

Big KRIT has one of the best mixtape discogs out there of the newer artists and his album wasn't that bad, his hook writing still has a while to go as well, but now his hype has deflated and even with him releasing several hot tracks throughout the year (Mt Olympus, Lac Lac, New Agenda)

Only artists I feel that'll always be :blessed: even if they were to release some mediocre shit, is Gibbs and Curren$y. I ain't eem mad at that because I enjoy both of their music anyway. Gibbs did release a top 5 project of the year though.

codhand

I know this Armand Hammer EP, has a remix and a reprise, and a revision, but those all seem better than their original versions (especially the Willie Bosket remix) the new stuff is solid as well.

HiResDes

Crowns is my favorite track from the new Armand Hammer. I think KRIT only needs one more great release to have a top ten discography if I'm being real.

I'm really starting to believe that 'It's Alive' track from the Beats commercial will eventually be Kendrick's street single for his next album. Surprised they haven't released that shit yet.

Gaf-Hop turns on almost every artist the second they start to slip.

Danny Brown used to be :blessed: now nigga just chicken squackin through his verses

Kendrick released one too many verses with his Eminem flow, now nigga can't even get a pass with releasing fire on Never Catch Me

Big KRIT has one of the best mixtape discogs out there of the newer artists and his album wasn't that bad, his hook writing still has a while to go as well, but now his hype has deflated and even with him releasing several hot tracks throughout the year (Mt Olympus, Lac Lac, New Agenda)

Only artists I feel that'll always be :blessed: even if they were to release some mediocre shit, is Gibbs and Curren$y. I ain't eem mad at that because I enjoy both of their music anyway. Gibbs did release a top 5 project of the year though.

A lot of truth in this post.

overcast

What's wrong with Danny's attitude? He wants to be recognized and remembered. Completely normal when making any art really.

Old was great.

Kendrick's voice is being over analyzed. Just like every single facet of his next album will be. From the lead up, to the falling action. Dude has used his voice in a variety of ways for albums/tapes/features/singles. It's a big part of what he does. I say that as someone who has talked shit on the "em flow".

Esch

Banned
You guys are taking a little obvious troll posting WAY too seriously.

Kendricks album will be fine.
Danny Brown does do the chicken squakin shit to poor effect lately.

Kendrick has been on Eminem aggro-emote shit.

And Krit's major label releases do leave a lot to be desired.
#FACTSONLY
troll.png

Zabuza

Banned
Kendrick's album will be hot trash. New Kanye will be worse than Days Before Rodeo. Drake will drop AOTY. KRIT raps like a southern bumpkin. Danny flat out sucks. Sean's new tape is flames.

And Black Friday gonna bless us with that new Eminem.

Gambino has been hot this whole year. And I'm still waiting on some new Troy Ave FIRE.

Zabuza

Banned
I've been listening to so much chillwave, vaporwave, etc. (Thanks Yung Snuggles) that I've been slacking on my rap listening. Unless there's just been a drought.

Any of you guys listen to that R.I.P. Blackedout?

Esch

Banned
Kendrick's album will be hot trash. New Kanye will be worse than Days Before Rodeo. Drake will drop AOTY. KRIT raps like a southern bumpkin. Danny flat out sucks. Sean's new tape is flames.

And Black Friday gonna bless us with that new Eminem.

Gambino has been hot this whole year. And I'm still waiting on some new Troy Ave FIRE.
That's not how you do it breh. You gotta embed a little grain of troll in a field of truth. Like claiming Fantastic Vol. 2 has a shitty album cover. Or you can pitch a whole lot of troll around a grain of truth. Like pointing out that every nas album 1998-2012 has awful, unsalvageable production.

Zabuza

Banned
That's not how you do it breh. You gotta embed a little grain of troll in a field of truth. Like claiming Fantastic Vol. 2 has a shitty album cover. Or you can pitch a whole lot of troll around a grain of truth. Like pointing out that every nas album 1998-2012 has awful, unsalvageable production.
Wisdom. Many thanks Each.

Check my vape thread, if you got new shit pls post in there, could use a bump.
I dropped some stuff in there that I've liked lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom