• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
RTJ 2 and Black Milk on the same day.
ANR9kfU.png

That'll be a great day.

I'd love to see Arca produce for more people after his album but I'm not sure who. Really liked the track he did for Mykki Blanco and I feel like the tracks he worked on in Yeezus really show his influence. It was incredible hearing his EP2 beats at the FKA Twigs show on a proper soundsystem, Papi Pacify sounded unreal.

Seeing him next week in SF (sorry Pickles) with Total Freedom, beyond hyped.

Cudder

I didn't know that krit tape was just gonna be unmixed scraps from the depths of a hard drive he had buried in his closet from 2004. scust.

I don't remember who in here recommended Hip Hop Family Tree but thank you! I'm reading Volume 1 right now and it's fantastic, definitely gonna pick up Volume 2 ASAP.

Man the hate is gonna be strong next week. You already know people will declare the song a flop no matter what. I'm going to assume the song will be another The Recipe: an appetizer for the big single down the road.

IrishNinja

Jay and Bey are releasing a joint album this year. Prepare for struggle bars.

i feel like i know some people, but i don't know who wants this
sales will no doubt shut my mouth, even if i imagine they'll mostly make people want strong solo efforts afterwards

As the Kendrick hype cycle begins, it's time for me to retreat back into the dark well.

ibuvbZJZg878mK.gif

but you'll miss yeezy season, always a swell time

Man the hate is gonna be strong next week. You already know people will declare the song a flop no matter what. I'm going to assume the song will be another The Recipe: an appetizer for the big single down the road.

if we get another Reciple i'll be quite happy, fuck gaf hops

DominoKid

yeah i can't imagine any Jay and B fans who actually want to hear the other one for a whole album. shit will do crazy numbers though.

Esch

Banned
'best of both worlds' Jay is one of the worst Jays. Rap + rnb/pop duets in 2014 aint really hot anymore. i mean they sell, but still. nah.

It's not like we're gonna get a Can't Knock the Hustle or anything out of it. Pass.

beanman25

Guys, I have a question.

I've got 2 meet and greet passes for the Ab Soul show next week. I'm just wondering if the venue is supposed to email me the details? (for the early entry time), and will the items included with it be mailed to me, or given at the concert.

Anyone have any experience with Meet and Greets through Ticket Fly?

Bruh I've been trying to think of it for an hour. I been listening to that OG Maco and Key! more now, Maco had to grow on me. But when I heard Fuck Em I suddenly got him.
Dude, I been listening to Fuck Em this whole morning haha at least 4 times. I like him, brings enough different flavor to trap to make me interested in checking him out.

iqW27AvaM03le.gif

Return of the king; pressure on his shoulders is crazy.

The pressure is about to consume him and TDE as whole if it hasn't already. Post-GKMC, Q and Soul released 2 clunkers, Kendrick's appearances have been spotty as best, and Jay Rock's been quiet as a mouse. That Isiah dude is alright but SZA is pretty much an afterthot.

I'm really getting the feeling that no matter what he puts out, it'll just be "not as good as GKMC", even if it's better (in which case, people won't appreciate it until 2-3 years pass).

If he really does have a "sophmore slump" (because let's be honest, GKMC is the one that ultimately matters)....the aftermath will be entertaining to say the very least.

So many Alc stans here and nobody posted this? inb4Cheddahz

unnamed-23.jpg

Sept 30th:

01. The Red Carpet
02. Shut The F*ck Up
03. Tender Greens
04. Get It Forever
05. Break the Bank
06. Black Cocaine
07. The Myth
08. Trap Door
09. I.M.D.K.V.
10. Give Em Hell
11. All On Me
12. How Does It Feel
13. 1010 Wins

ibyOEMquWeTJoG.png

He need to stop frontin and release the entire Albert Einstein album instrumentals though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom