• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
dahellbill-png.3696

PEACE LOVE AND HARMONY BRUH... REDS AND BLUES MIXING TOGETHER.

I

It's fucking called "i"

"i" can't, lmao

Allegedly it's called I Love Me, or something like that.

I agree that Kendrick probably can't win. No matter what happens there will be thousands of people who skip through the album and declare it "not as good as GKMC" on twitter. If it's not a concept album, or if it's moreso of a theme album like Section 80, people will neg it for not being as "cohesive" as GKMC. I'm sure Elliot Wilson already has a 4 minute video prepped titled "Kendricks' Name Album is Aite But Disappointing." Throw in some Drake subliminals and it'll be a wrap.

Everything we know about the album sounds dope to me. Thundercat, Digi+Phonics, DJ Quik rumors, more storytelling...I'm sold. Even the Dre news is welcome - not that I care about Dre's production today, moreso knowing that he's working hard on the album which likely means he's once again exec producing. mastering, altering tracks, etc.

There's no way the first single can be worse than Backstreet Freestyle so I'm all good.

Allegedly it's called I Love Me, or something like that.

I agree that Kendrick probably can't win. No matter what happens there will be thousands of people who skip through the album and declare it "not as good as GKMC" on twitter. If it's not a concept album, or if it's moreso of a theme album like Section 80, people will neg it for not being as "cohesive" as GKMC. I'm sure Elliot Wilson already has a 4 minute video prepped titled "Kendricks' Name Album is Aite But Disappointing." Throw in some Drake subliminals and it'll be a wrap.

Everything we know about the album sounds dope to me. Thundercat, Digi+Phonics, DJ Quik rumors, more storytelling...I'm sold. Even the Dre news is welcome - not that I care about Dre's production today, moreso knowing that he's working hard on the album which likely means he's once again exec producing. mastering, altering tracks, etc.

There's no way the first single can be worse than Backstreet Freestyle so I'm all good.

WAIT WAIT WAIT... Kendrick might be working with Quick?

I am so fucking hyped now.

studyguy

Supposedly the new album isn't going to have any features. I dunno how you guys feel about that. One side of me wants Kendrick to dominate on this new album and do his own shit since he's been feat on fucking everything recently

I'm fine with that. Trying to remember features I really like on King Kenny's songs and the one that comes to mind immediately is Gunplay.
Oh and Jay Rock of course off of Money Trees.

Every rapper says their album won't have features, and then it's released with features. I'm sure there will be a couple singers and at least one TDE rapper.

Nibel

Every rapper says their album won't have features, and then it's released with features. I'm sure there will be a couple singers and at least one TDE rapper.

I don't want a second "Real" hell naw

And I really hope this won't be just GKMC leftovers because his statement be read this way.

Courage

And I really hope this won't be just GKMC leftovers because his statement be read this way.

No way. The dude's work ethic is admirable; he wouldn't just release half-assed material to follow up one of the most critically acclaimed albums like that.

Need at least one Sia/Rihanna feature to get out of the door.
I also have a feeling his main single wont be as big as the ones for GKMC. However, im ready to eat crow for when i hear them.

overcast

He didn't say "no" features, just few

Fuck me, this single about to be the end of GAF-Hop. Biz and Toku need to hit the bomb shelter to preserve the culture.

Tokubetsu

I like the new Yelawolf. It sounds like what he's been trying to do for awhile now (some kinda alt-rap with country?) but not garbage. I think Love Story will turn out fine.

Also Kendrick not dropping any album this year unless somehow this single is HUGE. It won't be.

Esch

Banned
What are the odds all these albums that are supposed to come out this year, actually come out and aren't delayed?
Duckworth isn't dropping this year. A big guy like Jay z, kanye etc could always do a random drop whenever they feel like it, but the others need to follow the #OldRules

I doubt Kendrick will get delayed to 2015 due to how big this holiday season will be for retail. He'll be fine. Especially with Clear Channel and Interscope with their fingers on the button.

I'm surprised Rihanna hasn't made noise yet. She allegedly has a huge song with Mustard. Guessing she'll get a big late October/early November release.

Cudder

I doubt Kendrick will get delayed to 2015 due to how big this holiday season will be for retail. He'll be fine. Especially with Clear Channel and Interscope with their fingers on the button.

I'm surprised Rihanna hasn't made noise yet. She allegedly has a huge song with Mustard. Guessing she'll get a big late October/early November release.
Is Christmas even big for music sales anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom