• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

Lupe Fiasco - PU$$Y ft. Billy Blue (prod. MoeZ'art)

kWf9T.png

That beat is so terrible. Y'all can rip the rest of the song. scust.

Tokubetsu

Y'all follow Jay Rock on instagram? It's kinda funny. He's basically the fit hood dude stereotype to a T. He only posts gym photos or studio photos.

studyguy

Still new blood here so I dunno, I used to stan Lupe's shit so hard. Not gonna front like I didn't have hope post-lazers either. The Cool was my shit for so long I stayed in denial after the dude fell off like a fucking rock. Looking back now it seems silly, I just don't even bother anymore.

Esch

Banned
gaf-hop turn on lupe was the best. or maybe everyone just got older and figured out he was garbage.

jbpHbfod8JggsF.png
either way, we all win.

Courage

It's definitely a matter of growing older and snapping out of it. Nostalgia goggles can help vision so much. I used to listen to Slipknot ffs.

Lupe had a lot of hype and promise and he kinda delivered with The Cool.

He still never reached the sort of great height that people expected of him, so I get how people are like "damn he was supposed to be the #1 guy right now" but I'm not pouring anything out for him cause he never proved he was who people thought he was. In fact he proved he wasn't and then fell off from even further from that "could be great, he has potential" mantle to where he is now.

I still think he has the tools to make a great song and possibly a great album but he hasn't.

Trey

I still go back to The Cool and F&L so it's not a matter of "snapping out of it."

He just doesn't make the same music anymore.

I still go back to The Cool and F&L so it's not a matter of "snapping out of it."

He just doesn't make the same music anymore.

There was like a year gap between when I played those albums regularly to where I didn't at all. When I queued it up again after the long break, the amount of sugary-corny goodness on those LPs was kind of jarring in how obviously made for the highschool set and under it was..

I remembered it so much different than what it was.

Can't wait for Cudi stans to have a similar revelation.

Esch

Banned
There was like a year gap between when I played those albums regularly to where I didn't at all. When I queued it up again after the long break, the amount of sugary-corny goodness on those LPs was kind of jarring in how obviously made for the highschool set and under it was..

Nah, its well documented that Cudi stans maintain their positions well into their 20's. ¹

Source: enzo_gt

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

A Kid Named Cudi will always have a place in my heart. Parts of both Man on the Moon albums hold up too. But I'm not a stan...at least not enough to vouch for anything after that aside from a few tracks off whatever that one was called with the explosion on the cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom