• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, its well documented that Cudi stans maintain their positions well into their 20's. ¹

Source: enzo_gt

I can imagine Enzo as a 70 year old man, rocking in his chair on his front porch. Beats by Dre on his old-ass head, holding his grandchild. A sudden sour look takes over his face, "What's this trash and how'd it end up on my 'Turn Up Mix Vol 876'?!" He rips his headphones off and looks down. He sees "Man On The Moon" By Kid Cudi glowing electric light into his eyes, he realizes somehow the headphones fell off his dusty head and onto his grandchild's while Cudi continues to play. A smile stretches across his grandchild's face, a single tear falls from Enzo onto the child.

The cycle continues.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think about listening to Lasers every now and then just to see what's so bad about it, but throwing an hour away doesn't sound all that fun.

I think about listening to Lasers every now and then just to see what's so bad about it, but throwing an hour away doesn't sound all that fun.

I downloaded that shit (from iTunes
ibsMLwjvjBK8H0.png
) and it didn't even last a week on the hard drive.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I can imagine Enzo as a 70 year old man, rocking in his chair on his front porch. Beats by Dre on his old-ass head, holding his grandchild. A sudden sour look takes over his face, "What's this trash and how'd it end up on my 'Turn Up Mix Vol 876'?!" He rips his headphones off and looks down. He sees "Man On The Moon" By Kid Cudi glowing electric light into his eyes, he realizes somehow the headphones fell off his dusty head and onto his grandchild's while Cudi continues to play. A smile stretches across his grandchild's face, a single tear falls from Enzo onto the child.

The cycle continues.

are his tears like acid? but like... they eat towards your soul and corrupt it into a black pit of despair?

Esch

Banned
imagine having kids, and in 2025 then they go through your vinyls and you have a bunch of kid cudi and lupe fiasco, schoolboy q and big sean albums in there.

iDiQr6XEbqSLF.gif

Your son/daughter looking at you all disappointed, you're forever cornball status in their eyes. I remember having a similar moment when i saw my uncle had the entire Rush discography.

Zabuza

Banned
Giving that Lupe another listen and I can't help but feel like there's a deeper message past the surface level. I think Lupe is trying to say something.

Trey

imagine having kids, and in 2025 then they go through your vinyls and you have a bunch of kid cudi and lupe fiasco, schoolboy q and big sean albums in there.

iDiQr6XEbqSLF.gif

Your son/daughter looking at you all disappointed, you're forever cornball status in their eyes. I remember having a similar moment when i saw my uncle had the entire Rush discography.

kids can't even have that moment anymore, everything is digital now.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I remember having a similar moment when i saw my uncle had the entire Rush discography.
Eesh, yea if it was like the first album that'd be fine, but the entire discog?

Yikes.

My kids are gunna have legal court battles over my collection. Especially wherever it ends up decades from now.

Cheddahz

Banned
Giving that Lupe another listen and I can't help but feel like there's a deeper message past the surface level. I think Lupe is trying to say something.

Is he trying to say that you're a pussy or that he is a pussy or the government is a pussy or Kendrick's verse on "Control" is a pussy? We will never know

studyguy

iDiQr6XEbqSLF.gif

My uncle had a collection Pink Floyd vinyls I only found out about two years ago. When I picked one up some old ass shit he rolled however many years ago fell out of a sleeve. Dude just laughed his ass off.

jordisok

Just play that Lupe off as satire though, "kids, this message is way too hamfisted to be serious come on, LASERS was a subversion of the genre"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Y'all fools, people didn't turn on Lupe because they realized something that was always there about the dude, it's because he started putting out raw, unfiltered shit.

Revisionist history GAF <<<<

Y'all fools, people didn't turn on Lupe because they realized something that was always there about the dude, it's because he started putting out raw, unfiltered shit.

Revisionist history GAF <<<<

Pretty much. "The Cool" Lupe would body Kendrick, but of course instead of any actual discussion we'll just get a bunch of random Jigga/Carl Winslow/Jordan emojis and shit and people stanning Wiz Khalifa

lupe fiasco used to be pretty good.

schoolboy q is great, oxy was a disappointment but still dude's the best of TDE. plus you know esch bumps HnC on the low.

soulja girls da best

HiResDes

My first exposure to Lupe was Kick Push, which as a skater was the cheesiest, most cornball sack of shit shit song I had heard that year...Then when I actually heard his album I was like this dude is cool. And then his next album came out and I was like this guy is gonna be good. And then he fell off and I went back to thinking I should have stuck with my first instincts

Zabuza

Banned
My first exposure to Lupe was Kick Push, which as a skater was the cheesiest, most cornball sack of shit shit song I had heard that year...Then when I actually heard his album I was like this dude is cool. And then his next album came out and I was like this guy is gonna be good. And then he fell off and I went back to thinking I should have stuck with my first instincts

Pretty much my exact experience.

Dumb It Down and Put You On Game are two of the worst songs I consistently see hiphop fans stan. Entry level "look at how smart I am y'all should listen up" quality bullshit with strained metaphors and pained storytelling. All with Lupe's massive persecution complex and inability to get to a fucking point.

Lupe writes kinda similar to GRRM in that they both think superfluous detail equals imagery. It doesn't.

Courage

Dumb It Down and Put You On Game are two of the worst songs I consistently see hiphop fans stan. Entry level "look at how smart I am y'all should listen up" quality bullshit with strained metaphors and pained storytelling. All with Lupe's massive persecution complex and inability to get to a fucking point.

Lupe writes kinda similar to GRRM in that they both think superfluous detail equals imagery. It doesn't.

Nicely put. It makes his whole conscious persona more unbearable than it should be.

I'm too lazy to do it but I bet if you head to a Lupe Fiasco forum right now there's some poor soul breaking down every line of Pussy and proving why it's the greatest thing ever.

He doesn't get it. He's been trying this "troll trap fans" shit for 5 years and hasn't made it work once. Even Thot 97 was just stupid.

Shit is sad. Can't believe this is the same guy who blessed us with The Cool...

So we're gonna pretend like GKMC is better than The Cool?

Folks didnt even push Section 80 that hard...I wonder why lol

GKMC is better than The Cool in just about every way imaginable. If you dropped GKMC and The Cool into the ocean, GKMC would swim better. If you threw it off a building it would fall better. There is not a single element of The Cool that is better than GKMC.

I'm too lazy to do it but I bet if you head to a Lupe Fiasco forum right now there's some poor soul breaking down every line of Pussy and proving why it's the greatest thing ever.

He doesn't get it. He's been trying this "troll trap fans" shit for 5 years and hasn't made it work once. Even Thot 97 was just stupid.

Shit is sad. Can't believe this is the same guy who blessed us with The Cool...

I bet if you made an OT thread you'd get a someone to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom